Oops, I did it again!

montessori

<font color=green>I just pack it all and then brin
When will I ever learn?
Looking_anim.gif

We'll be at Disney for Labor Day weekend. We're staying at the Caribbean Beach Resort.

I mentioned the great deal at DD Courtyard by Marriott to quite a few people.
smileyb.gif

Quite a few people made reservations and are looking forward to being there with us!
azcrying.gif

Now, everything is complicated and confusing. I feel responsible, as the "Disney expert", for the happiness of all these people!
smily77.gif

My husband just keeps shaking his head.
rotz.gif

Repeat after me, "every man for himself". Just teasing. Try not to feel responsible for everyone else and try to enjoy your trip. You must have gotten a great rate :)

Flip_anim.gif

Thank you for the replies.

I am only going to try to plan one event during their stay. That will be a night at Pleasure Island. These few different groups of people don't know each other but they all like to party every once in a while!
beerchug.gif

My poor husband.
Paranoid_anim.gif

During the days, I'll let them know they are welcome to join us in whatever we happen to be doing but they are free to do their own thing. It's mostly when they first get to Disney World I'm concerned about, I guess. They all get there at different times, but I guess we can grateful for cell phones. I know it will all work out just fine, IF I can let go, I tend to get a little controlling at times.
After all, I DO know what's best!
cutelaugh.gif

LOL. Don't make yourself responsible for everyone else's fun.

Neighbors and friends are always commenting to me - wouldn't it be wonderful if we went together. In fact our last trip two separate families tried to invite themselves along. I just tell them point blank - my Disney vacations are sacred, I like to spend time with my family and big groups touring doesn't work. Been there, done that with all the grandparents. I'll say let's meet for a dinner one night, but other than that you are on your own. If they get mad or are no longer my friend, then oh well, they weren't that true a friend to begin with. Nobody can take advantage of you without your permission.

Kalli, I wish I had done it that way 2 years ago.

I feel for you. I know how relieved I was when after my sister and her husband said they would like to go with us (I even ordered the MVMCP tix to include them) and then they couldn't go after all. ;)
I haven't even told my best friend in fear she might want to "make up for the shortage" LOL.
Try not to feel responsible for their good time and have a great time on vacation!

Do not make yourself responsible for their fun, as you can not make everyone in a large group happy and will end up being hurt and disappointed. Take it from one who learned that the hard way!!!
Hugs...I hope it all works out!!!

Thank you all for the nice replies.
I'm trying to find some tips on Islands of Adventure, as a few of my friends want to go there. I wouldn't mind going there someday but not Labor Day weekend. I posted a request for tips on the Universal board.
I'm not as worried as I was, these people are all grown-ups, they don't need me to take care of them. I guess I always want my friends to experience the magic of Disney World, like we do every single time we go there. I don't think this trip is going to do it for them though, too rushed and crowded. Oh well, I know WE will have fun!

Happy Disney Days!

LOL! I was SO glad this wasn't a Britney Spears thread.;)

Have fun.:) If they drive you insane, pretend you don't know who you are.;)

Just say to them..
Listen, I know what my plans are, you are welcome to go with us, but this is what we have had planned to do...:)
We always do this when we go on vaacation & it works great if they know ahead of time..

Good Luck!

Think of all the fun you'll have together. LOL! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter