oops! I did it again!

Johnnie Fedora

My cup is not 1/2 full or 1/2 empty, it's just 50%
Well I can't believe we did it, but we have already done a 50 pt. VWL add-on, and we haven't even received our official DVC plastic yet. We visited VWL last year following the 7-day cruise and a 10 night stay at BC, ASMo and HIFS in November. While we thought DVC was nice, I was no way going to shell out any more $$$ to Disney--especially after dropping a big chunk of cash last year.

This year, there were so many deals out there, we have planned 4 nights ASMo, 5 nights at the poly concierge, 4 nights BC concierge, 5 nights AKL concierge. Although we will be splitting the room costs of the Poly and BC with family, we would have been footing the AKL on our own. After reviewing the money again, we decided DVC really does make sense for us, as we have 2 little ones who have many Disney years ahead. We will be dropping the AKL this year :( but replacing it with our VWL for 5 nights :D . By buying now, we can put the $1500.00 we were going to spend at the AKL toward our DVC purchase. During our stay at the ASMo last year we came to the realization that we really like the deluxe resorts and would perfer to vacation at them as opposed to the value or moderates. The AS resorts are too much like never leaving the parks (too crowded). We are a little older now and have been to Disney many times. We have started to appreciate the relaxing aspects the resorts offer, as well as the fun of the parks.

We are planning to buy at the BCV as well. We'll be going from a 2 car to 1 car family to pay for this, but we think our children will get more out of their WDW vacations.:p Can't wait--39 days and counting.:bounce: :pinkbounc :tongue:

Congratulations! We did a similar thing last year when we bought. We signed our paperwork while in WDW last August for 200 points at BWV. We came home, talked it over, and did a 100 point add-on before we even closed on the first 200! I see how people say that adding on can be addicting; I'm now trying to talk DH into a 100 point add-on at HH!:earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter