~~~~~~ Oops SEW we did it again! ~~~~~~ June 2019 ~~~~~~ BAG & OUTFIT UPDATE 5/19/2019!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi D! I don't comment often on your TR's but I've been reading them for years. I remember your PTR for the girls' special trips and it seemed like so far off at the time and now here we are, they're all grown up. I'm so glad you all get to go on these trips together and that they want to go. I've heard you comment that the girls didn't always get along growing up but seem to be getting closer, that gives me hope. My two girls couldn't be more different and have no interest in doing anything together. They don't even team up to pull pranks on us :rotfl2:. As an only child myself I wanted them to be the best of friends. I hope that they will grown closer as they get older (I think they will, if nothing else than to complain to each other about us).

Your also still an inspiration on healthy living. I've been following along with you and have had small victories and set-backs too. I think we just need to live as healthy as well can and still live. Not let it consume us or prevent us from having fun. And you look fantastic! I vote for the pink shirt with the Lilly shorts and, as much as the fading is a disappointment, I don't think anyone other than you will notice. It's still a big disappointment when you have your heart set on something and then in changes.

Have a great weekend!!

I’m sorry about the shorts. Do you think they were imitation LP? I don’t own any Lily but I would hope the quality would be better than that.

Like others have said, you will probably be the only one that notices. But I know that will really bother you. Hopefully you find something else for your Epcot day.

I got too much sun this weekend. It was pretty nice here all weekend. I have to get used to the heat.

20190520_112732.jpg

I absolutely LOVE the EFP!!! I really like it in the coral color you made for Allison, too. SO freakin' adorable!

And I share in your sadness about the shorts :( I mean, they are just shorts, but it's all the excitement that goes along with outfit planning and accessory matching. I totally get it. This is a serious bummer. I hope you find something you love just as much!

The fanny pack for A is so very cute!!! I just cannot believe those are back in. Just goes to show how fashion and styles are definitly circluar. So orry about your shorts!!!! And so close to your trip. I nkow the blood, sweat and tears you put into putting together the perfect outfits, I hope you are able to find another outfit solution that will satfsfy, even just a little.

Hi D! I don't comment often on your TR's but I've been reading them for years. I remember your PTR for the girls' special trips and it seemed like so far off at the time and now here we are, they're all grown up. I'm so glad you all get to go on these trips together and that they want to go. I've heard you comment that the girls didn't always get along growing up but seem to be getting closer, that gives me hope. My two girls couldn't be more different and have no interest in doing anything together. They don't even team up to pull pranks on us :rotfl2:. As an only child myself I wanted them to be the best of friends. I hope that they will grown closer as they get older (I think they will, if nothing else than to complain to each other about us).

Your also still an inspiration on healthy living. I've been following along with you and have had small victories and set-backs too. I think we just need to live as healthy as well can and still live. Not let it consume us or prevent us from having fun. And you look fantastic! I vote for the pink shirt with the Lilly shorts and, as much as the fading is a disappointment, I don't think anyone other than you will notice. It's still a big disappointment when you have your heart set on something and then in changes.

Have a great weekend!!

Welcome back! I do recognize your name! :)

Yes - it went all too fast - but it has been fun... And different. Seeing our relationships grow and evolve through the years... It's different and it's good all at the same time. And oh my girls definitely have their moments still... They know how to push eachother's buttons well - so they tend to escalate quickly. LOL That should make our trip interesting, as usual. ::yes:: For the most part - they do get along... And they do make attempts to hang out and be together. The shorter, the better though. LOL I don't think they will ever be best friends - or not the best friends I always dreamed and hoped they would be to eachother... but maybe one day, they will have their own unique version of friendship? :lovestruc

Thank you for the kind words. :lovestruc - I do my best, some days are much harder than others. Some how - I just keep on keepin' on. :scratchin

That's what most people are telling me - that no one will likely notice the fading, except for me. LOL I do have a few back-up ideas in the wings and in the packing pile... I'll see how it goes that day, I guess and work from there. :)

Thank you - same to you!

I’m sorry about the shorts. Do you think they were imitation LP? I don’t own any Lily but I would hope the quality would be better than that.

Like others have said, you will probably be the only one that notices. But I know that will really bother you. Hopefully you find something else for your Epcot day.

I got too much sun this weekend. It was pretty nice here all weekend. I have to get used to the heat.

No, I am certain they weren't imitation LP... I mean, maybe they could be? But they are definitely an accurate pattern and print. I am guessing that print had some fading issues? :scratchin

I am still planning to bring them with, and I may end up wearing them - as you all said, I am probably the only one who would notice and they are cute shorts one me still. ::yes::

Oh no - I hope you didn't burn too badly? It was a beautiful weekend here too! ::yes::

I absolutely LOVE the EFP!!! I really like it in the coral color you made for Allison, too. SO freakin' adorable!

And I share in your sadness about the shorts :( I mean, they are just shorts, but it's all the excitement that goes along with outfit planning and accessory matching. I totally get it. This is a serious bummer. I hope you find something you love just as much!

Thanks! I am glad you like it. It was a fun project to work on and put together! :)

I know - they are just shorts and in the grand scheme of things, nothing to really be upset about... But it is a bummer. I have a few options in the packing pile now and I'll see how I feel when the day gets closer. :)

The fanny pack for A is so very cute!!! I just cannot believe those are back in. Just goes to show how fashion and styles are definitly circluar. So orry about your shorts!!!! And so close to your trip. I nkow the blood, sweat and tears you put into putting together the perfect outfits, I hope you are able to find another outfit solution that will satfsfy, even just a little.

Thanks! Right! I just donated my platform shoes and sandals last fall - and this spring, guess what I see for sale? ::yes:: Figures. LOL

Thanks - I hope so too... I have a few options set aside and I will see if anything works when the day gets closer. ::yes::

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Sorry I don't have time for an update this morning. Wishing you all a fantastic day with lots of pixie dust! :)

D~

Umm, I'm totally late for this party. Life has certainly been busy here. We went to Europe, I had minor surgery (all good) and my daughter graduated college. I am going to try harder to be more on here as I am a total empty nester. I am looking forward to your trip report and your PTR for 2020. My apologies for being SO late! I just love your PTR and TR'

Absolutely love all your outfits. Your bags are just gorgeous and I'm in awe of your sewing skills:worship:
Sorry about the shorts (they're still pretty though I know you're disappointed).
Won't be long until your trip :)

So, on Thursday, I washed my new (to me) shorts... By themselves, inside out, cold wash, delicate, laid flat to dry. After they dried, I was carrying them to the guest room to put with my packing stuff - and I noticed the color was off... The more I looked at them, the more I thought the color looked bad. Yup... At first I thought the pink bled... but the more I look at them now, I am almost certain I lost all of the green. Or maybe both? Whatever the case - the BRIGHT NEON yellow/green color is now a dirty ugly faded yellow... and the light aqua is now a dusty dirty cornflower blue color and the purple is super faded. :( I am SO SAD. Like, these were my favorite shorts for the trip. 😢 Don't get me wrong - the shorts are still sorta cute - but not as cute as they were... and the aqua that was, no longer matches with my bag for the trip... And I am VERY OCD about matching my bags - so this is totally unacceptable. Since I purchased these "used" (which I now suspect they were probably NWOT), I can't return them and I have VERY LITTLE HOPE of finding them again before my trip - as they are from a few years ago. I am thankful I got a good deal on them - but I am super bummed. I do have another pair coming... Same print, different style... Not sure if they will work for me, or not? I know that I will NEVER wash them. LOL

Oh noooooo!!!!! I have never had that happen with a print before, and I am so disappointed for you!!

I know you don't post trip dates, and I forgot to send you a PM with mine, so if you're already having a fun Disney time - yay!! I leave Saturday, and am so unprepared :sad2:

Hi D~
I was sorry to hear about the shorts. That should not have happened. I can see why you would be both angry and sad. I bought a top from Kohl’s that did that.

I bet your trip is really close or maybe even over now. :) I cannot wait to hear all about it.

Last edited:
Umm, I'm totally late for this party. Life has certainly been busy here. We went to Europe, I had minor surgery (all good) and my daughter graduated college. I am going to try harder to be more on here as I am a total empty nester. I am looking forward to your trip report and your PTR for 2020. My apologies for being SO late! I just love your PTR and TR'

WOW!!! You have been very busy! I'd love to hear more about your trip to Europe - where did you go? What did you do? Glad all is well with your surgery... And I can't believe your dd graduated college! WOW!!! :woohoo:

Same, girl... I've been terrible about being here. I thought life would slow down after the girls became adults and it just got busier... How does that happen???? LOL

I am very happy to see you here - just in time for the TR. :D

Absolutely love all your outfits. Your bags are just gorgeous and I'm in awe of your sewing skills:worship:
Sorry about the shorts (they're still pretty though I know you're disappointed).
Won't be long until your trip :)

Thank you! I have so much joy in creating them. :lovestruc

Yes, we are already back - it went quick!

Oh noooooo!!!!! I have never had that happen with a print before, and I am so disappointed for you!!

I know you don't post trip dates, and I forgot to send you a PM with mine, so if you're already having a fun Disney time - yay!! I leave Saturday, and am so unprepared :sad2:

Yes - I was super disappointed, and even though I didn't wear them on the trip - I did wear my other pair, though they weren't very flattering on me (um, Disney bloat - LOL) - they were super comfy. :) I am a little paranoid to wash my LP clothing now - especially for the first time... I use Color Catchers now religiously! ::yes::

We just missed eachother - we came home the Wednesday previous to when you arrived. I hope you had a wonderful trip and the heat wasn't as bad for you? ::yes::

Hi D~
I was sorry to hear about the shorts. That should not have happened. I can see why you would be both angry and sad. I bought a top from Kohl’s that did that.

I bet your trip is really close or maybe even over now. :) I cannot wait to hear all about it.

Hi Sue!

Yes - it was a bummer, and I agree, it shouldn't have happened. We did ask at the LP store in Disney Springs about them - and the girl was less than helpful. Oh well - I kind of thought they wouldn't be able to help - it's not as if they were a recent line.

Yes - it's over and we are home! I am excited to share it with all of you!

**********************************************************************************************************************************************

Alrighty, is everyone ready for the TR to thisPTR?

Here's the link - I look forward to seeing you all there. :)

https://www.disboards.com/threads/sew-the-heat-is…-on-june-2019.3754780/
D~

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter