~~~~~~ Oops SEW we did it again! ~~~~~~ June 2019 ~~~~~~ BAG & OUTFIT UPDATE 5/19/2019!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So glad to have found this report today :)
Aruba looked amazing D and your plans for upcoming trips sound like a lot of fun!
You look absolutely fabulous and while it might not be happening as fast as you’d like, your progress is stunning!:goodvibes

Hey, D! I hope you have been able to dig out of the snow by now. It stinks that y'all got such a late snow! As you know, we just got back from Tokyo Disneyland and Sea. It was great. A little cold, but not unbearable. Our PCS date is quickly approaching, and I feel like the next 2 months are going to fly by. I can't remember if I said on here or not, but we are moving to Coastal North Carolina; Jason will be stationed at Camp Lejeune. We are trying to buy our friends' house in Cape Carteret. The sad part is that they are moving to Hawaii and we were so looking forward to being near them. Ah well, it's a good reason to go back to Hawaii (as if a person needs more reasons, LOL). The good part is, we will be a 5 minute drive to the beach! (if you need a cheap beach vacay, I can hook you up!) The girls and I will be leaving around mid-June to do all the paperwork on the house and visit with family. Jason will stay behind until mid-July to do turnover with his replacement. I'm sure the time will go by fast but we will not be together for my 40th birthday. :( Ah well, we can just add it to the long list of holidays and birthdays we've been apart for over the years.
Your trip is fast approaching! You should be getting close to your 60 day window? You all are going to have such fun. I can't wait to hear your FP strategy. Cheers and stay warm!

Hello...Hello...is there anyboD~ out there???

tenor.gif

Hi -- I'm back! I hope you've been able to dig out from the snow...we're going on day 2 of continuous, hard rain here...and that's after snow and an inch of hail last week. The weather was so much nicer in Florida....

My friend and I were able to do everything we wanted to do at WDW with the exception of four rides (RNRC (single rider line was crazy long), EE (she didn't really want to ride it after we finished in Pandora - she said it would be a let down after Flight of Passage), Dinosaur (closed in the time frame we were going to ride it), and Jungle Cruise (crazy long lines). Not bad! It was two very long days -- arriving each morning about 45 minutes (at least) before rope drop. We stayed at Coronado Springs. I didn't think I would like the newly refurbished rooms because they looked so sterile, but I actually really did like it. The tower there are building there is HUGE.

Day 1 was DHS and Epcot...we rope dropped Slinky Dog (waited about 30 minutes in line), then rode Alien Swirling Saucers stand by (about 20 minutes) and then used our FP+ for TSMM. (I won!) Then we rode Star Tours (my first time -- I've been too afraid in the past but I did it and I liked it!) and she used her FP+ and mine for ToT, then tried to ride RNRC but the single rider line didn't move for 30 minutes so she gave up and we left DHS. Took the boat over to Epcot and did the UK side of Flower and Garden on our way to Figment. Booked day-of FP+ for Living with the Land and Nemo, then did single rider for Test Track (about 25 minutes) and stand by for Soarin' because there were no FP+ available. We waited about 40 minutes for that one. Then we headed back to World Showcase to finish off the Flower and Garden stuff and rode the Three Caballeros ride. It was starting to sprinkle so we headed out and rode Spaceship Earth on our way out. We missed Illuminations but with the thunder and lightning we weren't sure they were going to show it. The park was closing right after that anyway. We saw the gondola system...that will not be my chosen form of transportation!!!

Day 2 was MK and AK -- because we had our FP+ at AK in the evening so we could experience Pandora at night, everything we did at MK was stand-by. Fortunately they had extra magic hours that morning. We rode one of the Main Street vehicles up to the castle and then rope dropped SDMT, waiting about 25 minutes. Then did Haunted Mansion (10 minutes), BTMRR (15 minutes), and Splash Mountain -- another first for me, and I liked it! We waited about 20 minutes for that one. Then Pirates with a 15 minute wait. Then we headed over to do Buzz Lightyear (I lost), Carousel of Progress, People Mover, tea cups, and IASW. Then it was time to head over to AK. We got there and did Bug's Life (first time for me...didn't love it), Kilimanjaro Safari, walked a couple of the trails, saw the bird show, noticed that a lot of the quick service places were closed at dinner time which seemed odd to us, then went over to Pandora and rode Flight of Passage (absolutely amazing ride but even a full dose of Dramamine wasn't enough for me -- I felt queasy the rest of the night) and Navi River Journey, then watched the lights on the Tree of Life, did some shopping, and headed out at park close. It was a jam packed two days -- we had so much fun and it was much needed.

Hi, D. I haven't commented on one of your trip reports in some time, but I do periodically try to catch up when I see you have a current report. I should do better with commenting. My, your girls are all grown up! I hope all is going well with their jobs, school and, well everything else. I think the last time I was regularly keeping up with your updates, you were redoing your kitchen and staircase in preparation for A's grad party! I hope, too, that your dad is still doing well.
You look great! You should be so proud of yourself!
I don't know if I caught the timing of your next trip, but it sounds like it's early summer? My DH, DD12, and I (fellow Minnesotans--Woodbury) will be at BCR July 4--13. I've never stayed at or even visited BC, but am excited about the pool and to be within walking distance of Epcot and HS. My DD and I are also planning to do the Regatta Run at BC, which will be new to us.
HDDMR is a great way to celebrate your birthday! We enjoy it so much. The first time we attended, my DD (8 at the time and her first trip to WDW) belly-laughed throughout and listed it as the #1 must-do for our next trip--above all attractions, princesses, etc. Two years ago, I took my sister and niece with us on a girls' trip, and at HDDMR we were seated at the front and center table. At one point, my daughter was laughing so, so hard. Six Bits made eye contact with her, causing him to start laughing uncontrollably. Every time he tried to move to his next line, DD would laugh harder and then he'd bust out again. When he finally regained control, he told DD that she can attend for free any time. (I should have got that in writing. ::yes::)
Anyhow, I wanted to say "hi" and send good wishes.

Hi D!
Sorry I've been missing for so long! Life has been crazy!

So happy to hear A & V are doing so well! And how exciting that you've got another trip with them booked!!!!

Sounds like you had a great time in Aruba-how beautiful!

Hope Josh is feeling a lot better!

It's been a crazy busy year with Joe this year. I was really pushing him to get his Eagle Scout-I knew he would regret it the rest of his life is he didn't do it. He aged out January 10th. He got his application in (work all complete) on January 8th.o_O But all is good! He actually holds to current record for his troop for number of merit badges.

Last summer for family vacation we visited a few schools for Joe in Maine & NY taking the scenic route through Quebec. Gene & Joe also went to FL in September to visit 2 schools there. He ended up applying to 6 schools. I was a bit worried about some as he applied for Aeronautical Engineering and math isn't his strongest subject. He ended up getting into all 6 schools. Joe & I went back to FL in March for an accepted student day at Florida Tech. It was his number 1 before we visited but they just didn't go a great job organizing the day. We did an accepted student day and he stayed overnight on campus 1 night at Clarkson University in Potsdam NY. That's where he's going. It is a very good fit for him. The campus is close to the Adirondack Mnts and has a very active outdoor club. I think he'll really love it there plus they have really strong support to make sure kids graduate on time. Potsdam NY is just 25 miles farther from home than Lizzy in Oswego but Potsdam is 125 miles Northeast of Oswego-closer to Ottawa, Canada than Oswego and just to make things fun the two schools schedules are off about a week.

This summer Joe will be working at the High Adventure Base he went to last summer in Alaska as an assistant trek guide. They are allowing him to arrive a few days late so he can attend his graduation on June 1st but I'm sure he'll be flying out on your birthday to Alaska. They pay his airfare, provide room & board and pay him. Such a great opportunity for him. He will return just in time to go on a preorientation trip for freshman to the Adirondacks with Clarkson.

Lizzy applied for and got a position working on campus this summer so she won't be home either.:sad1: I guess we need to get used to a very quiet house with just Emma. Emma had been saying she didn't want to go to college but is now saying she wants to do band instrument repair. There are only 4 programs in North America-one very close to you at Southeast MN State College. She'd be relatively close to her cousin there. Iowa also has a program and they have dorms on campus so that might work better for her. OR she might change her mind in 2 years.

Lizzy took an EMT class this semester at college and has been active with the student volunteer ambulance on campus. She really loves her EMT class. She'll test at the end of the course to be a certified EMT. She needs a certain number of patient "contacts" for her EMT class and wasn't getting them with just the campus service so she's done a few ride alongs with the town service and helped out on a few serious calls. She's been calm and effective on those calls-it's not something I would want to do but it's great that someone can do it. She will continue to get her Meteorology degree. She's always going to be attracted to living in the middle of nowhere so this experience should serve her well wherever she ends up.

Just got caught up! I love that you are going to HDDR for your Birthday pixiedust: that is the perfect place to go to celebrate. What amazing pixie dust in Aruba! Wouldn’t it be nice to spend a month there?!?

Monica

Hi all!

Yes - I am behind... Soooo far behind!

I thought that once the kids grew up and started their own lives - that I'd had endless time to Dis. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Turns out - I am busier than ever. So, those of you that are thinking that... :lmao: Nope - that's not how it works.

Mo, Corri, Connie - Thanks for holdn' down the fort for me. :hug: You guys are the bestest!!!

I have so many replies to work on...

I have soooo many updates to do - it's not even funny! Our trip is quickly approaching... I have FPs to update... I have plans to update... I have outfits to post... It's embarrassing as to how far behind I am!

I am going to start by doing some replies this morning - so hopefully I get get to some fun stuff over the weekend. :lovestruc

D~

We had a great trip. Enjoyed the warm weather! Crowds were high, so we would spend the afternoon at the pool, then head back for a dinner or evening inthe park. I didn't lose any weight, but didn't gain either, so that's a win in my book! I was really surprised that I didn't really want all the snacks. Being away from sugar I just can't eat much--it's too sweet. I did miss the popcorn, though!

I would go back to the 16/8 or 18/6 if that was working better for you.

If you have to "think" of things to spend the money on to make it worth it, then it's not worth it!

Looking forward to seeing your new UPB and Ears. I love seeing all your outfits!

So happy you had a great trip - I know I am beyond late responding to this... but thanks for doing some leg work for me - I greatly appreciated that! :lovestruc

And I am glad that eating was easier for you - That is definitely a good thing!

I've mostly gone back to that... Probably 5 days a week, I am 16/8-18/6... Then I throw in a random 21/3 a couple days - just depending on my schedule. It's keeping me mostly maintaining - which isn't my goal, but I am just kinda sick of fighting my body at this point.

So true!

Thanks! I did post them on FB - so I think my post here will be a bit redundant, but I know that some people aren't friends with me on FB and they'd like to see. :) Those will be coming this weekend. :)

I honestly think they look perfect with both bags. They appear in the picture to match the background color on both bags pretty closely.

Yah - even though I ordered the Vans specifically for this trip - I may not be bringing them... Suzi said something to me - and I was like "duh"... LOL... Rain - lots of rain... I don't want wet shoes that will not dry. I think I am opting for sandals. ::yes:: The Vans will still get plenty of wear at home. :lovestruc

It's so nice of you to consider using the money you'll save instead of an AP to gift your girls part of their trip! I'm sure they will appreciate it SO much!!

I like your new Vans colors! I think your shoes will be far enough away from your bag (and really a close enough hue) that they will complement each other well!

I hope so... I often wonder if "gifting" them things like this, makes it harder on them though??? Like - do they feel pressured to go *just* because we gifted them a portion of it??? Or are they gonna go anyways, and it will be helpful? Just something I always keep in the back of my mind. :lovestruc

Thanks! Like I told Ariana above... I am not sure that the Vans are gonna make the cut on this trip? Suzi said something to me - and I was like "duh"... LOL... Rain - lots of rain... I don't want wet shoes that will not dry. I think I am opting for sandals. ::yes:: The Vans will still get plenty of wear at home. :lovestruc

First, non-Disney, I want you to take a look at where you started in your journey and look at you now. You glow with good health Dorine, and you look amazing. You really, truly do, not just saying that off the cuff. Remember how far you have come. There is nothing wrong with striving forward and wanting more, but on the same token take time to shout out what all you have done, and all that knowledge you have acquired and how much hard work you have done. And how much you inspire me, and others.

Now, Disney, I love, love, love Van's, and I must now go get a pair of teal. That is the most awesome color that will definitely blend. I like how it is a more muted teal. Cannot wait to see your birthday outfit!!! Will you be wearing your Disney Birthday button all week??

Cannot wait for your 60-day spot to get here and see your APs.

Will be dropping in again soon! Have an amazing week Dorine.

You are the one person in this world who truly keeps me grounded, day after day, in this area of my life. I, so often, get down on myself... And you are always there to say the right thing to make my mind say "oh yah - true"... Thank you for that. :lovestruc

Hahahaha - yah, Vans are a weakness for me - especially in the winter - they aren't the warmest, but they are sure better than flip-flops. :lmao: Though - even though I purchased them specifically for this trip - I don't think I am bringing them - They will be terrible when they get wet, I think I will be sticking to flip flops? ::yes::

I am trying to catch up on replies - I won't let myself post any trip updates until I get caught up on replies. And I have a TON of trip updates to post about. :scratchin

Love your vans!!! I am now wearing my first pair of Vans ever, and I love them! Funny story about how I ended up with them. Jillian bought them for Gabe for Christmas...three months later, and he has already outgrown them!!! :sad2: They are my size, so now they are mine. :rolleyes1:p

Cannot wait to see your outfits come together!

LOL about your Vans - glad it worked out to your benefit though. I love Vans so much! They are so versatile! I have way more than any well person should have! LOL But I love all the colors!

I know I already posted them on FB... But I'll post them here too - with added commentary, as usual. LOL

Hi, D!

When do you think it is wise to purchase an AP? We are planning a two-week trip next summer and I think we’d like to get 10-day park hoppers, although, DH thinks eight days is enough. In addition, we’d like to visit Disney for four days right after Thanksgiving, strictly for holiday decorations, either this year or next. It looks like it will probably be next year. With the potential for two trips, I cannot decide if I should go the AP route, but then what if we decide to forgo the Thanksgiving trip? I’m not sure if they are worth it for just one trip next summer, even if we plan on 10 days in the park. Thoughts?

Cute Vans! My boys both have a pair and love them.

Sorry I am just getting to this...

In all of the calculations I have done - The AP doesn't really "pay" until the very last part of a 2nd trip... In everything we have done - like even at the end of a 2nd trip, a person really has so "spend more to save" - so is that really a savings? Personally - I would NOT do an AP just for savings purposes, unless you are taking 3 trips - that 3rd trip is where you really start to see a savings. ::yes:: I definitely wouldn't do it for a "deal" on one trip - there is no savings there... Unless you are able to get some amazing deal at a resort you were going to stay at anyways - or something like that? :scratchin

Thanks! Love my Vans!

Sooooooooo excited today! Leaving in about 40 minutes to drop Buffy at Gramma and Papa's for the week. Then off to Buffalo to catch our flight. What could be better than WDW? Going with good friends and their littles (their first time!) and checking a bucket list item off - a runDisney race! Wish me luck to finish ahead of the balloon ladies on Sunday morning as DH and I run the Stars Wars half marathon! Hope I still have energy after that for AK that day as we really want to see Pandora at night. Have a fabulous week D~! I know we will!

Wahoo!!! I followed your trip on FB - I was so happy to see you there! How did the race go though? I missed that part - I think? It's been a while, so I can't remember now.

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Been a while again.. So i love everything and thankfully i read facebook every morning to know what your up to...
and of course everything is amazing your trips are always iconic.
But there was something that made my jaw drop

WHO is turning 21.. Not your daughter. They are still like... What.. 15? Just started dating and just got their learners permit. FOR REALS! 21.I feel like jumping a plane and celebrating the big 21 with you all!!!

Hahahaha - Yah, I am still alive - just busy. LOL

Right??? Allison is NOW 21!!!! Can you all believe it???? Wish you could have been here - though it was very low key... since it was a holiday after all, and bars were closed. LOL Poor thing didn't get her first "official bar drink" until like 6 days after her birthday. LOL

OMG!!! I can't believe I found your thread today out of the blue. I must admit I haven't been on hear forever but decided it was time to start my own TR. I also haven't read a thing so I need to go back and get some reading done. I am so excited I found this. It is just like old times!!! Now time to read popcorn::popcorn::(or at least after I pick up Liam from school.:rotfl2:

Hi Corri!!!! Glad to see you here! Welcome back! It has been a while - though it looks like you have been here a lot more often than I have recently? LOL

Hello Mo and Corrine...should we entertain ourselves while D~ is away?

giphy.gif

LOL I've missed you all! :lovestruc

Hey oopsiDaisy, it is so good to see you. I feel like it has been forever since I have talked to my Dis friends. I am really out of the loop. :rotfl2:

Hmmm, I don't know. I have been busy planning my own trip and...well raising 4 kids. :hyper: Maybe a game of Disney Trivia??? D wont mind if we take over here PTR. It's not like we haven't done it before. :rolleyes1

popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn::

**************************************************************************************************************

I did a post above - for anyone that missed it. :)

I will be working on catching up on replies all this week... Then I hope to get some TR updates done over the weekend! I have a LOT to catch up on!

Thanks for keeping this going for me! Love and miss you all! :grouphug:

D~

Wahoo!!! I followed your trip on FB - I was so happy to see you there! How did the race go though? I missed that part - I think? It's been a while, so I can't remember now.
Hi D~! Glad to see you back on the boards. I hear you about being busy, never seems to stop here and race season hasn't even started for us yet!

Thanks! We had a fabulous time on our trip. Seeing our friends DS and DD see things for the first time was really special. Even better, they might be in love with Disney as well now! Adam was not really sure he wanted to go to Disney as Andrea and I started planning the trip, but she really wanted to go this year because their DS will soon be a 'Disney adult', which would make it just that more expensive. Once we actually booked everything though, he got interested. And once they got there, I think he was more excited than the kids! So much so, that he suggested we all go back again in a few years before their DD hits double digits! :)

As you saw, we stayed at POFQ this trip. That was a new experience for us as we have always stayed at one of the value resorts. The resort was beautiful. We were in building 2, room 2103. So main floor, right on the end near the main building. We loved the little courtyard outside the door and spent a bit of time sitting out there enjoying the late evening with our friends. We might have even indulged in some beignets a couple of times! Overall, even though we really liked the resort, we felt like we don't spend enough time at the resort to justify the added cost. For us right now, the resort and room are just a place to sleep and shower as we are usually at the park open to close. We keep saying we want to slow down a bit and enjoy some time at the resort, we just never seem to follow through on that. Maybe next trip, lol! :) Although DH says that we are taking the motorhome and staying at FW next time. I am looking forward to that!

As for the race, it was interesting. Nothing like getting up at 3am to be on a bus at 3:30am to get to the staging area by 4am so you can sit around and wait for 2 hours. There were quite a few character meets you could do before getting in your corral, but the lines were ridiculously long even though we were there essentially when everything started. We ended up just going to my corral (DH dropped back to corral G with me, even though he could have started in C) and waiting for the start. They had a great dj pumping up the crowd in the corrals, so the time went by pretty quick. The one thing we weren't prepared for was the heat and humidity during the race. We did our last long training run the week before at home and it was 23 deg. It was 78 deg and about 80% humidity when we left the resort and was 86 deg and about 95% humidity when we actually started the race and about 92 deg when we finished. Talk about a huge difference! There was so much moisture in the air, that it really added to the atmosphere of the Ewok-Empire battle they had during the early part of the race! Nothing like running through fog with 'lasers beams' cutting across in front of you! My run itself was okay, not exactly my best, but I finished. And I was faster than my practice half a couple of weeks before, which considering the temperature difference, I was more than happy with my result. Unfortunately, I did not finish in front of the Death Stars balloons, but they only passed me with about 3/4 mile to go and I was so completely depleted and exhausted at that point, I couldn't stay in front of them. We were in the no sweep zone by that point though, so we were able to complete the race. Overall, it was a cool experience but not one that I am going to repeat any time soon. Would I do a Disney race again? Absolutely! But it will be a 10K at most. I don't think I will ever do a half again, not even here at home where I am more used to the temperature and humidity level.

I am excited to hear about your updated plans. I think you and the girls are going to enjoy HDDR! We did it on my birthday trip in 2017 and again this time. Our DS was quite grumpy before the show and he ended up getting right into it and loving it. I hope you and the girls have a great time on your trip!

I am trying super hard to get caught up here - honest! :lmao: I even uploaded pics last week with the intention of doing updates on Sunday morning... Then Sunday morning came and I realized it was Mother's Day. :scratchin: Soooo - that didn't happen. I seriously need to get a move on - I am running out of time! ::yes::

Rest assured - I did buy a new notebook last week... So, there will be a TR, even if the PTR was less than stellar. :woohoo:

So glad to have found this report today :)
Aruba looked amazing D and your plans for upcoming trips sound like a lot of fun!
You look absolutely fabulous and while it might not be happening as fast as you’d like, your progress is stunning!:goodvibes

Thank you! :lovestruc Happy to have you here and following along.

Think D~ ran away? :coffee::rotfl:

Wise woman!:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Come back D~ we miss you!!!!:flower1::flower1:

Hello...Hello...is there anyboD~ out there???

tenor.gif

Again - thanks for trying to keep things lively here. :lmao: :hug:

Hey, D! I hope you have been able to dig out of the snow by now. It stinks that y'all got such a late snow! As you know, we just got back from Tokyo Disneyland and Sea. It was great. A little cold, but not unbearable. Our PCS date is quickly approaching, and I feel like the next 2 months are going to fly by. I can't remember if I said on here or not, but we are moving to Coastal North Carolina; Jason will be stationed at Camp Lejeune. We are trying to buy our friends' house in Cape Carteret. The sad part is that they are moving to Hawaii and we were so looking forward to being near them. Ah well, it's a good reason to go back to Hawaii (as if a person needs more reasons, LOL). The good part is, we will be a 5 minute drive to the beach! (if you need a cheap beach vacay, I can hook you up!) The girls and I will be leaving around mid-June to do all the paperwork on the house and visit with family. Jason will stay behind until mid-July to do turnover with his replacement. I'm sure the time will go by fast but we will not be together for my 40th birthday. :( Ah well, we can just add it to the long list of holidays and birthdays we've been apart for over the years.
Your trip is fast approaching! You should be getting close to your 60 day window? You all are going to have such fun. I can't wait to hear your FP strategy. Cheers and stay warm!

Ahhh Brandi.... It's been too long already, sorry my reply took forever.

Yes - the snow is gone, way gone. :lmao: I am in full-on tanning mode at the moment - in an effort to get a decent base tan before we leave and #hopefullynotburn Fingers crossed. ::yes::

You have to be SO CLOSE to PCSing by now???? I feel like my Disney dates and your PCS dates are very close together?

How did the house purchase go??? Did you get it? I didn't see anything on FB... :scratchin

So sad that Jason has to stay behind and miss your birthday - but I know the feeling... We have been apart for far too many special events too, it's no fun. But these days - hate to say it - I look forward to the weekends that Josh goes to the lake... Over the years, I kinda got used to having "me time" - so while I love spending time with him, I also love sitting at home all day in my PJs and being sloth-like. :lmao: I feel like there's two sides to that coin - both nice and both sad at the same time. ::yes:: Sending hugs and lots n' lots of pixie dust for your PCS to go smoothly! :hug:

Yes... Our 60 day window has passed. LOL I am such a slacker! I have SO MUCH updating to do!!!! ::yes::

Hi -- I'm back! I hope you've been able to dig out from the snow...we're going on day 2 of continuous, hard rain here...and that's after snow and an inch of hail last week. The weather was so much nicer in Florida....

My friend and I were able to do everything we wanted to do at WDW with the exception of four rides (RNRC (single rider line was crazy long), EE (she didn't really want to ride it after we finished in Pandora - she said it would be a let down after Flight of Passage), Dinosaur (closed in the time frame we were going to ride it), and Jungle Cruise (crazy long lines). Not bad! It was two very long days -- arriving each morning about 45 minutes (at least) before rope drop. We stayed at Coronado Springs. I didn't think I would like the newly refurbished rooms because they looked so sterile, but I actually really did like it. The tower there are building there is HUGE.

Day 1 was DHS and Epcot...we rope dropped Slinky Dog (waited about 30 minutes in line), then rode Alien Swirling Saucers stand by (about 20 minutes) and then used our FP+ for TSMM. (I won!) Then we rode Star Tours (my first time -- I've been too afraid in the past but I did it and I liked it!) and she used her FP+ and mine for ToT, then tried to ride RNRC but the single rider line didn't move for 30 minutes so she gave up and we left DHS. Took the boat over to Epcot and did the UK side of Flower and Garden on our way to Figment. Booked day-of FP+ for Living with the Land and Nemo, then did single rider for Test Track (about 25 minutes) and stand by for Soarin' because there were no FP+ available. We waited about 40 minutes for that one. Then we headed back to World Showcase to finish off the Flower and Garden stuff and rode the Three Caballeros ride. It was starting to sprinkle so we headed out and rode Spaceship Earth on our way out. We missed Illuminations but with the thunder and lightning we weren't sure they were going to show it. The park was closing right after that anyway. We saw the gondola system...that will not be my chosen form of transportation!!!

Day 2 was MK and AK -- because we had our FP+ at AK in the evening so we could experience Pandora at night, everything we did at MK was stand-by. Fortunately they had extra magic hours that morning. We rode one of the Main Street vehicles up to the castle and then rope dropped SDMT, waiting about 25 minutes. Then did Haunted Mansion (10 minutes), BTMRR (15 minutes), and Splash Mountain -- another first for me, and I liked it! We waited about 20 minutes for that one. Then Pirates with a 15 minute wait. Then we headed over to do Buzz Lightyear (I lost), Carousel of Progress, People Mover, tea cups, and IASW. Then it was time to head over to AK. We got there and did Bug's Life (first time for me...didn't love it), Kilimanjaro Safari, walked a couple of the trails, saw the bird show, noticed that a lot of the quick service places were closed at dinner time which seemed odd to us, then went over to Pandora and rode Flight of Passage (absolutely amazing ride but even a full dose of Dramamine wasn't enough for me -- I felt queasy the rest of the night) and Navi River Journey, then watched the lights on the Tree of Life, did some shopping, and headed out at park close. It was a jam packed two days -- we had so much fun and it was much needed.

Yup - the snow is gone... Thank God... I was so OVER it. As I am every year! Now I am in "tanning mode" - trying to get a good base tan before we leave on our trip - so I hopefully don't burn too badly while we are there. ::yes:: It's a good excuse to take an hour off of work every day to lay in the sun and catch up on my vitamin D too. ::yes::

Bummer that you missed out on some of my favorite rides... EE and FoP are so different - EE will always be my favorite (behind Splash Mountain) - it's just a classic! FoP - I can take it or leave it... Definitely would't wait in any sort of line for it. ::yes::

So did you end up getting FPs for FoP? Or did you wait in stand-by? I am guessing you had FPs?

I am anxious to *hopefully* see some of the Riviera while we are there... I am secretly praying that the Skyliner will be running, as I am dying to ride it. Even though I am afraid of heights... eeek! I've been watching this anxiously and with each new unveiling - I am hoping they'll start testing... Sadly, I just don't think it will happen for this trip.

Wait!!!! You've never ridden Splash Mountain before????? NO WAY!!!!! Isn't it the best????? Seriously - it's my favorite and I am so excited it will be open for this trip (it was under refurb last time - so we haven't ridden it since October 2016).

It sounds like you were able to get almost everything done in 2 days - or at least hit all of the highlights. :woohoo: That is awesome!

Bummer about getting sick on FoP - I also have motion sickness issues - but I seem to do OK on that one, as long as it's the only ride I do with the goggles... I can't do all of the rides at US, just because most of them have goggles - and they make me so sick.

But AK at night... Swoon!!! Nothing better! We'll get to experience it twice on this trip and I cannot wait!!!

Again - sorry it took me so long to respond... I hope you'll forgive me! :hug: And I am so happy you took the time to share your trip with me... So when is your next one??? And how is the new house??? (which isn't so new anymore) And the girls???? I've been following along on FB, and all looks ok???

Hi, D. I haven't commented on one of your trip reports in some time, but I do periodically try to catch up when I see you have a current report. I should do better with commenting. My, your girls are all grown up! I hope all is going well with their jobs, school and, well everything else. I think the last time I was regularly keeping up with your updates, you were redoing your kitchen and staircase in preparation for A's grad party! I hope, too, that your dad is still doing well.
You look great! You should be so proud of yourself!
I don't know if I caught the timing of your next trip, but it sounds like it's early summer? My DH, DD12, and I (fellow Minnesotans--Woodbury) will be at BCR July 4--13. I've never stayed at or even visited BC, but am excited about the pool and to be within walking distance of Epcot and HS. My DD and I are also planning to do the Regatta Run at BC, which will be new to us.
HDDMR is a great way to celebrate your birthday! We enjoy it so much. The first time we attended, my DD (8 at the time and her first trip to WDW) belly-laughed throughout and listed it as the #1 must-do for our next trip--above all attractions, princesses, etc. Two years ago, I took my sister and niece with us on a girls' trip, and at HDDMR we were seated at the front and center table. At one point, my daughter was laughing so, so hard. Six Bits made eye contact with her, causing him to start laughing uncontrollably. Every time he tried to move to his next line, DD would laugh harder and then he'd bust out again. When he finally regained control, he told DD that she can attend for free any time. (I should have got that in writing. ::yes::)
Anyhow, I wanted to say "hi" and send good wishes.

Hi there!!! Thanks for stopping by!

The girls are doing well... thanks for asking! Soooo busy!!! Like, really busy. LOL Both of them are in college full time (and just finishing up finals this week)... They are also both working full time (Allison was promoted last year to an Activities Aide at the Assisted Living facility she has been working at for a few years... And V is still at the Daycare) + they also are working part time (Allison is still very busy with her photography business, and V is still working at her high school job - the pizza place - picking up hours like crazy!)... So, my opportunities to see them are few and far between! Both girls are still in serious relationships... Allison is still dating Gus (they are on something like 5 years now??? With a year break in the middle) and V is still dating Carter (they have been together for 1.5 years) - both good guys. :) I was very happy to have both of the girls and both of their guys here for two meals this last weekend - made this momma's heart SO HAPPY - especially on Mother's Day weekend. :lovestruc.

That's right! We live close to each other! I knew I remembered you! LOL Forgive this old Momma brain. I was just in Woodbury last week - Surprisingly, I go there quite often - It's just as far for me to go there as it is to go anywhere else. LOL Besides - I like to hit the new TJMaxx store in CG. LOL

EEEEK! Your trip sounds exciting too!!! How fun to stay at that resort! We hope to do some resort hopping while we are there this trip... and that is one of the resorts we hope to hit! :)

Your experience made me super excited (all over again) to be doing HDDR! I cannot wait. I feel like I *kind of* know what to expect, after doing the Dinner Show in Paris - but at the same time, I've been trying to stay away from spoilers too, so we can just enjoy it for the first time. We are very excited! Allison is probably most excited about the "free unlimited sangrias" :rolleyes: LOL I know her - and she will likely have 1 and done. LOL

Thanks for stopping by! It was great catching up with you! I hope you have a great trip! :)

So how’s everyone doing? How was Easter?

Awwwh Jen... LOL I feel terrible... Easter was like, a month ago, and here I am trying to catch up. LOL

Our Easter was good, how about you? It was a little crazy with Allison's birthday being on the same day - but otherwise, it was very nice and the weather was super good!

Hi D!
Sorry I've been missing for so long! Life has been crazy!

So happy to hear A & V are doing so well! And how exciting that you've got another trip with them booked!!!!

Sounds like you had a great time in Aruba-how beautiful!

Hope Josh is feeling a lot better!

It's been a crazy busy year with Joe this year. I was really pushing him to get his Eagle Scout-I knew he would regret it the rest of his life is he didn't do it. He aged out January 10th. He got his application in (work all complete) on January 8th.o_O But all is good! He actually holds to current record for his troop for number of merit badges.

Last summer for family vacation we visited a few schools for Joe in Maine & NY taking the scenic route through Quebec. Gene & Joe also went to FL in September to visit 2 schools there. He ended up applying to 6 schools. I was a bit worried about some as he applied for Aeronautical Engineering and math isn't his strongest subject. He ended up getting into all 6 schools. Joe & I went back to FL in March for an accepted student day at Florida Tech. It was his number 1 before we visited but they just didn't go a great job organizing the day. We did an accepted student day and he stayed overnight on campus 1 night at Clarkson University in Potsdam NY. That's where he's going. It is a very good fit for him. The campus is close to the Adirondack Mnts and has a very active outdoor club. I think he'll really love it there plus they have really strong support to make sure kids graduate on time. Potsdam NY is just 25 miles farther from home than Lizzy in Oswego but Potsdam is 125 miles Northeast of Oswego-closer to Ottawa, Canada than Oswego and just to make things fun the two schools schedules are off about a week.

This summer Joe will be working at the High Adventure Base he went to last summer in Alaska as an assistant trek guide. They are allowing him to arrive a few days late so he can attend his graduation on June 1st but I'm sure he'll be flying out on your birthday to Alaska. They pay his airfare, provide room & board and pay him. Such a great opportunity for him. He will return just in time to go on a preorientation trip for freshman to the Adirondacks with Clarkson.

Lizzy applied for and got a position working on campus this summer so she won't be home either.:sad1: I guess we need to get used to a very quiet house with just Emma. Emma had been saying she didn't want to go to college but is now saying she wants to do band instrument repair. There are only 4 programs in North America-one very close to you at Southeast MN State College. She'd be relatively close to her cousin there. Iowa also has a program and they have dorms on campus so that might work better for her. OR she might change her mind in 2 years.

Lizzy took an EMT class this semester at college and has been active with the student volunteer ambulance on campus. She really loves her EMT class. She'll test at the end of the course to be a certified EMT. She needs a certain number of patient "contacts" for her EMT class and wasn't getting them with just the campus service so she's done a few ride alongs with the town service and helped out on a few serious calls. She's been calm and effective on those calls-it's not something I would want to do but it's great that someone can do it. She will continue to get her Meteorology degree. She's always going to be attracted to living in the middle of nowhere so this experience should serve her well wherever she ends up.

No worries - as you can see, I haven't been here much either. I've been feeling a lot of guilt over it. Just trying to catch up though so I can get some updates in before this PTR needs to turn into a TR. LOL

It's great to see you Bernadette!!! As always! I was just looking through pics the other day - of our November 2015 trip... Gosh has it been that long already?

OK - so did Joe make Eagle Scout??? You said he got his application in on time - just barely... And what did he choose for his project?

Congrats to Joe on getting accepted to 6 schools - that is amazing! And I am glad to hear that he chose one a bit closer to home than FL... I don't think I could handle being that far away from the girls! LOL I am glad he found a good fit though - that is awesome!

What an amazing opportunity for Joe in Alaska too!!! WOW!!!! I remember when all our kids were just young teens... and now they are all grown up and in college - living their own lives. It's crazy to think about! Congrats to Joe - he has so many fantastic opportunities in front of him!

Of course - I'd vote for Emma to come to MN, LOL... It would be neat to see you all in my neck of the woods. :lovestruc

And congrats to Lizzy for all of her accomplishments as well - it sounds like she is really carving her own path and will be very successful! My foster-sister just took a job as a (gosh, I am gonna get this wrong, I know it) - but as a flight nurse??? She has been a paramedic for many, many years... She is also a RN... So, her and her wife are currently selling their house and moving across the country so Sarah can work her dream job. Super proud of her! Such a hard job - not something that just anyone can do - it seems like Lizzy is right in her element though! So proud of her - as you must be!

Thanks for checking in Bernadette... I was so happy to be able to catch up with you! :lovestruc

Just got caught up! I love that you are going to HDDR for your Birthday pixiedust: that is the perfect place to go to celebrate. What amazing pixie dust in Aruba! Wouldn’t it be nice to spend a month there?!?

Monica

Me too! LOL Still catching up... I haven't even scrolled down any further than your reply. I need to get caught up here badly.

Sooo excited for HDDR - like, sooooo excited!!! Something we've never done and just so out of the ordinary for us!

OK - I think I could live in Aruba... Or at least, visit often. LOL It was a FANTASTIC trip. We are already planning our next visit there. ::yes:: I am still having slight aversions to sea food - LOL and I LOVE sea food. Hopefully I get over it soon. ::yes::

Super excited that you will be in WDW with us!!! :woohoo: The girls and I can't wait to see you! :lovestruc

*************************************************************************************************************

OK all... I made a deal with myself that I MUST HAVE ALL OF MY REPLIES DONE BEFORE I CAN DO AN UPDATE... As you can see - I am not doing well with that. LOL

Our trip is fast approaching and I need to get some updates done - like serious updates. So, I've made the executive decision to just do an update (or two) and try to catch up on replies... Otherwise, this PTR will be over before I get my updates done. Seriously.

So, hang on to your hats... Updates coming right up. :lovestruc

D~

Alrighty... Let's start with our FP plans...

Arrival Day

We have to be at the airport at 6am on our travel day... If you've followed my TRs for any length of time - we love our early morning flights to WDW!

We arrive in Florida at about 12:30pm... We've rented a Town Car to take us from the airport to SoG. With any luck - we will be at SoG by 2pm.

The girls and I have decided to go into AK on our first night... We love AK at night time, and due to V having the flu on our last trip, she never even got to see it.

We will be meeting up with Cindy at some point in AK. :lovestruc

We have FPs for NRJ, EE and the RoL show...

Not sure what we are eating for food? We've talked about doing Yak and Yeti counter service - since we have never eaten here before... Otherwise - we may do FTBBQ? Not really sure? Counter service though. Any suggestions for us?

Day 1

We have a FULL DAY planned at MK today! And Suzi arrives!!! :woohoo:

We plan to be at MK for Rope Drop - as usual.

Our FPs aren't until this evening - so we can hopefully do a ride or two with Suzi.

So, this morning, we will just "wing it"... Likely starting off with POTC, and working our way around to Frontierland?

We have no ADRS at all for this day! Shocker! I know! We've all agreed that we want a Nutella Waffle for breakfast... And the Key Lime Dole Whip is on my MUST-DO list. ::yes::

We will take a break - like we always do - mid day... Go back to SoG and try to take a break from the heat or rain - whatever it may be? Or both? LOL

This evening, we have all of our FPs and we plan to meet up with Suzi...

7DMT, Splash and BTMRR. ::yes::

We usually try to duck out of the park before any of the night time shows - as none of us can handle the "sardine-ness" of them. LOL

Day 2

We will be in AK this day - for the WHOLE DAY!!! :woohoo:

We plan to get there for rope drop...

I think we will head to the Safari for our first ride of the day...

We have FPs for EE in the morning - which we will ride together... Then we will wait in standby (if the wait isn't too long) or ride Single Rider if that line is open - until we all get sick from too much EE. :lmao

We have a breakfast ADR at TH - one of our favorites!

Then right after, we have a FP for KS - so we will maybe ride that again? We'll see... It was nearby and a good use of a FP. Although - now that I think about it... this may be a good time for KRR??? I might have to switch that?

After this FP - we will leave the park for a break.

No fear - we'll be back later.

We have a FP tonight for FoP... I am not sure if I will do this one again or not. And I am not sure if this is a ride that Cindy does? If not - we may pass of our MBs to the girls for a 2nd ride? We'll see? I like it well enough - but I am afraid of heights, and even though I was able to not look at how high we were last time - I am not sure if I can do it a second time?

Not sure if we will do dinner before or after FoP? Depends on when we are hungry? And where we are when we are hungry? LOL

Day 3

We are celebrating my birthday today!!! :woohoo:

Starting off with meeting up with Cindy for my FAVORITE breakfast of all time... The Wave! Are you surprised? You shouldn't be, LOL

Then - we are headed to DTD (yes, I will forever think of it as that) to do some shopping. And go to my new favorite store (since we don't have one here - sad face) Lilly Pulitzer. I've been saving up for a while now to buy myself something nice from here. I am pretty excited about it. I've amassed quite the LP collection (which you will see when I post my outfits) over the last months since Aruba (Yes, I blame our Aruba trip for this) - rest assured... my ENTIRE collection was purchased USED at a fraction of the price of retail. So, not busting the budget with this one. ::yes:: Anyways - this will be my very first LP store purchase - and likely my only one for quite some time.

After that... The girls and I will hit the rest of DTD - stopping at WoD, of course. :lovestruc

We shouldn't be hungry here at all - after a filling breakfast. But maybe coffee or something? :scratchin

We have an ADR at HDDR - as you all know... We are SO EXCITED for this! :woohoo:

After HDDR, we will take the boat back to CR, and meet up with Suzi and clan... We are hoping to hang out here to watch fireworks - not necessarily with Suzi, as I know she has plans too. :lovestruc

We will take the monorail to the TTC and then the bus to SoG at the end of the night. :lovestruc

Day 4

Epcot.... Oh Epcot.

The girls and I have already decided that we are just going to take an Uber/Lyft to Epcot this morning. Last time - it took us almost 2 hours to get there from SoG - we just aren't gonna mess with it this time.

We hope to get there before Rope Drop.

We will head to Test Track to ride standby - hopefully together, but if the line is long, we'll do single rider.

We have a morning FP for Soarin.

Then one right after for Figment.

We have a lunch reservation at Via Napoli for our much loved (thanks to Suzi) Quattro Formaggio pizza. YUM!!!!

We've decided we want to exit W/S after we eat and explore the resorts a little bit again.

I am hoping to skip over to DHS for a hot second to see if I can spot Photopass Joe... I am afraid he has retired and I didn't get to say goodbye. :( I've had people checking for him for months and no one has been able to find him. So sad!

After resort hopping and friend finding... We will head back to Epcot. Finish up W/S and Flower and Garden... Then either head back to the resort or ride a few more rides... maybe find some dinner? Not sure. No real plans here. Maybe hang around for Illuminations, depending on the time?

No real break scheduled for today - so we will be taking it slow.

Day 5

This day is kind of a mess... Trying to pack a lot in.

Victoria and I have a breakfast ADR at 'Ohana... Allison chose to bow out of this one - so she will meet up with us at the Poly after we are done.

We will take a bus to DHS... Our plan is to just do our FP rides, find Photopass Joe - hopefully - and get outta there.

We have a FP for SDD... Then Tot... Then RnR. We hope to be out of DHS by 3pm I wish it was earlier - but I couldn't get our FPs any better. And we likely won't get there until noon anyways...

From DHS - we will either take the SoG bus back to SoG for a quick break???

Then we will head into MK to close the park and to say "see ya real soon"...

Day 6

No plans this day... We have to leave for the airport at about 9:30am... So, we will get up and pack and wait for our Town Car to pick us up.

**************************************************************************************************************

No worries though... We already have FIRM dates for our BIG family (Josh too!!!!!!) 2020 trip, which will likely get booked while we are in Florida. :woohoo: So there will be another PTR following this one shortly... Hopefully I will be a better Diser this time? Fingers crossed.

:lovestruc

Stay tuned... The next update is my outfits. But not today. I need to get a move on and get my work out in.

Sending you all prayers and pixie dust. :lovestruc

D~

Your plans sound good! Plenty of time with your daughters, friends, some down time and a few ADR's thrown in. Our next trip (sometime in 2020!) I plan to book fewer ADR's. FP's are a must but fewer ADR's allows for a little more go with the flow - something that's now hard to do at Disney! I think you will love HDDR! We've stayed several times in cabins at Fort Wilderness. I just love the atmosphere there. Family trip in 2020 - with Josh - wow! :cool1:

Sounds like you have a great trip planned.

I'm trying to figure out my next Disney trip. Sydney has a basketball tournament at ESPN wide world of sports (or other gyms in the area). I'm guessing we won't know her game schedule till 2 days before we go. We are staying at a Hilton that is 1/2 way between Disney and universal. So I know we will be at some theme park that weekend. Just don;t know which one and for how much time we will have.

DH has a work trip to France, so the girls and I are going with him to see a women's world cup soccer game and go to Disneyland Paris. I really have to start planning that trip. Make sure that the hotels that DH picked are good. I'm flying home with the girls while DH stays for his meetings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter