open table vs ADR

nurseholly

Mouseketeer
Is there any appreciable difference in wait times with an open table reservation vs ADR? I wondered since ADRs aren't technically the same as reservations. TIA

I have used both. If you are running late (like coming from MCO) or not sure where you want to eat until you get there, then we use OpenTable. We use OpenTable a lot for Raglan Road. Several times, we have walked up and been told the wait is 60 - 90 minutes and if the bar is full, then we look at OpenTable and majority of the time get a table in 15 - 20 minutes. OpenTable works best for restaurants at DS or throughout different resorts but not for the parks.

I am looking at Disney springs, my group is splitting up between 3 different restaurants. Already have ADRs, but thinking of switching to open table reservations in case we are late. It'll be our arrival day and stuff can happen. But I was curious if you are seated quicker because I swear i read somewhere that you are. i dunno, I could be imagining it

Then I would agree with you and switch to OpenTable. ADR's have the right to cancel your reservation if you are more than 10 minutes late (depending on how busy they are). If we are headed to Disney Springs on arrival day, we don't make a reservation until after we land. We start talking about where to eat and then once we see the lines at DME, then myself or another person in the party opens the OpenTable app to start picking reservation times. You are definitely seated quicker if you have a reservation versus walk up and can get a reservation with OpenTable about every 15 minutes at most DS restaurants.....in our opinion.

I have used Open Table multiple times at Raglan Road... and I do feel I get seated faster then those with ADRs. With an ADR I have pretty much always had a 15 minute wait there. With Open Table I have always been seated right away or at worst had to wait 5 mins while they checked on something.

I have used both. If you are running late (like coming from MCO) or not sure where you want to eat until you get there, then we use OpenTable. We use OpenTable a lot for Raglan Road. Several times, we have walked up and been told the wait is 60 - 90 minutes and if the bar is full, then we look at OpenTable and majority of the time get a table in 15 - 20 minutes. OpenTable works best for restaurants at DS or throughout different resorts but not for the parks.
That does not answer the question asked. You are comparing a “walk up” vs Open Table, not an ADR vs Open Table

Open Table can be cancelled/changed pretty much right up until your reservation times, while ADRs have more restrictive policies. Open Table also allows you to earn points which can be redeemed for dining gift certificates that can be used at pretty much all the restaurants where they have reservations available. ADRs are consistently available at 180 days, while Open Table varies from 60 to 180 days ahead depending on the location. Subjectively, we've had better luck finding available tables when looking a few weeks out or less with Open Table, but your experience may vary.

That does not answer the question asked. You are comparing a “walk up” vs Open Table, not an ADR vs Open Table
Sorryyyyy so...............yes I believe you get seated fast with reservation from OpenTable then reservations from ADR. My understanding is that the restaurant has to pay to be on OpenTable and therefore the restaurant will cater to those reservations more then Disney ADR.

Plus...................... @LilyWDW did answer THAT question

I love using Open Table at WDW, so much easier if you need to change plans, or if you are delayed on arrival day. I have never noticed a difference in seating times, but I also can't say that I have ever really paid attention either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter