Open Table vs ADR

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by SothrnChic, Oct 12, 2018.

1. SothrnChic

SothrnChic Mouseketeer

I have a couple of ADRs for restaurant in Disney Springs for my upcoming trip during Wine and Dine Marathon weekend. What is the benefit (other than the no-show policy) to book through Open Table vs keeping the ADR? Do they seat people with one before the other?? I noticed for Wine Bar George, you can chose the location of the table on Open Table, which is nice option as well.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
  2. DisBuckMan

DisBuckMan DIS Veteran

No, they don't seat one over the other. The biggest 2 advantages that I know of for Open Table over Disney booking....

1. No no-show fee if booked on Open Table
    2. In general, better availability for DS restaurants on Open Table over Disney, because the DS restaurants only release a small portion of their reservations to Disney's system.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. armerida

armerida Mouseketeer

I love the flexibility of Open Table over ADR's - can book, modify, cancel last minute. As PP said, availability as well. However, some restaurants (i.e. Jiko) only have very limited time slots available on Open Table, think 9:00pm -, versus full availability via MDE. Oh and you can earn rewards on Open Table which is nice!

5. rwdavis2

rwdavis2 DIS Veteran

Open Table all the way as mentioned above.

DisneyWishes14 and jerseygal like this.
  6. jerseygal

jerseygal DIS Veteran

Couldn’t get an ADR dinner through MDE for The Boathouse,but was able to get one through Open Table!:goodvibes Never been there, so figured “try something new”!:cool1:

7. FSU Girl

FSU Girl DIS Veteran

Love booking through open table. I was able to change a reservation only an hour before our dining time, which really helped us out. Never had an issue with getting seated using it.

SothrnChic likes this.
  8. DisneyWishes14

DisneyWishes14 DIS Veteran

As others have said, if you have the option to book through opentable, do it! No no-show fee and far more availability in dining times.

SothrnChic likes this.
  9. SothrnChic

SothrnChic Mouseketeer

You guys have convinced me to change two of my ADR's to Open Table. Homecomin' is not on there... so I will keep that one.

10. gwb

gwb Mouseketeer

the main issue with open table is that it doesn't cover many of the dining options in WDW

11. SothrnChic

SothrnChic Mouseketeer

What do you mean??

12. gwb

gwb Mouseketeer

you can only get very few restaurants at wdw by using opentable

13. DisBuckMan

DisBuckMan DIS Veteran

Many of the resort and DS restaurants are included on Open Table, just no in-park restaurants are on there...which is expected.

Dean Marino likes this.
  14. LuvTigger

LuvTigger DIS Veteran

Thank you so much for this thread -- I had no idea that some restaurants are available on Open Table! This helped me resolve a scheduling issue with Flying Fish...I was able to find a better time on Open Table than I was through MDE!