Open's... Email... your order is...... On-line shopping - Vent...

That's your problem, you are purchasing from Amazon sellers, not Amazon. That is no different than buying something off Ebay. Long ago, when the dinosaurs roamed, I would sell on Ebay occasionally. Amazon's setup was very similar to selling there.

I rarely. rarely buy from an Amazon seller and still manage to find everything I need. If I am buying from an Amazon seller, I will look up.check out with Yelp or similar their own webpage.
Woah that’s a little harsh. A lot of these independent sellers are backed by Amazon. I experienced the same thing Barkley did. When you’re looking for something obscure (as my DS seems to like) who are you going to choose? Some random person on eBay or someone backed and verified by Amazon? I know I’m not going to get Amazon level service from an independent seller but when it’s AMAZON themselves lining through bad reviews and removing them from the actual review page you have to wonder what’s up there. Usually Amazon will bend over backwards to make it right if you can’t get to a resolution with an independent seller and usually they don’t put up with non responsive sellers who (in my case) bait and switch but for whatever reason *this* seller was “not his fault.” And not for nothing but if Amazon is going to let these people sell under them then yeah, they have an obligation to make it right.

Last edited:
I will always take an opportunity to echo how much I love Chewy! They have such great customer service! They have turned me into a loyal customer for as long as I have a pet.
I just checked out the food I get for my dogs on their website and the cost is $48.99. Not bad, but free shipping doesn't start until you spend $49.00. It's almost like they did that on purpose. :)

I just checked out the food I get for my dogs on their website and the cost is $48.99. Not bad, but free shipping doesn't start until you spend $49.00. It's almost like they did that on purpose. :)

Yeah, they have a high free shipping threshold for sure. For me it’s their CS. They have somebody to answer the phones 24/7 and when my dog’s food company just up and quit or went under, they helped me comb through foods to find something similar because I have a Doggo with about a million allergies. Additionally when we had a problem with a bed falling apart they sent us a replacement no questions asked overnight. I didn’t have to send pictures or contact the manufacturing company or anything. Those things hook me as a customer, even if I occasionally pay shipping (though we order 2 bags of food at once on auto ship for the free shipping).

Edited to add-I didn’t even have to find my order number or anything. The found what I was talking about from having my account up from my phone number.

I hate shopping so I do the bulk of my shopping online. I love Amazon, I have always gotten top-notch customer service from them. They go above and beyond what I would ever expect. The latest example is a mattress that I recently bought. I called and complained that the mattress was lumpy and they refunded my purchase and did not require me to return it. I never would have dreamed of asking for a full refund. So now I am sleeping on the lumpy mattress until after Christmas when I will replace it. In years past they have replaced my broken Kindle free of charge (and I admitted that it was broken because I dropped it, not through any kind of product defect), provided me with free products, waived my Prime membership fee, expedited shipping free of charge, and price matched another retailer.

...this is part of the reason I went with a handmade Christmas this year. Granted I had to order some (okay most) of my yarn online but I started ordering in June so when one of my orders went for a wander and got lost in a Toronto warehouse for a couple weeks I still had a bunch of time.

I'm going more and more back to brick and mortar, even if I pay a bit more. One, there will be no "local stores" to shop in if we don't....so much for the idea that you can browse locally, see and touch the item and then find it cheaper on line. Two, my money spent locally helps my LOCAL economy, and the local guy trying to make a buck. Three, if I have a question about the item, I can find someone who can ACTUALLY help me, instead of waiting in phone tree hell to find someone who doesn't have a clue.

Brick and mortar people. Brick and mortar. You are going to miss it when it's gone.

OP here, I am right there with you... Preach on .... pixiedust::D

I'd prefer to shop for clothes and things in a brick and mortar store, but unfortunately, we don't have much here. Our town has a Walmart and a teeny tiny Peebles and that's it except for Rural King and Tractor Supply, but we don't typically need what they sell. The closest mall is over an hour away, along with Kohls, Target, and any other place we want to shop.

Thankfully, Amazon and Best Buy online have been great for us this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter