Operation Mickey

BobaScott

Earning My Ears
Operation Mickey:

AecQC6J.jpg

30gPusV.jpg

Squad Members:

BobaScott: Squad member with most field experience. I have been to WDW several times with my parents, but I have not been in 18 years and this will be my first time as an adult with my own family. I have stayed at the Polynesian, Caribbean Beach, Wilderness Lodge, and Coronado Springs.

My Wife: Minor operational experience… day trip to DL in 2015 when we were in town for “Celebration Anaheim”. Never really was a Disney person until we had a daughter, and now she is extremely excited. We will be celebrating her birthday (a bit belated) while in WDW.

Daughter: 3-years old. She was with us in DL but she was a year and a half old, so she doesn’t remember anything. She’s very excited about meeting all the princesses and other characters particularly the Toy Story cast and Genie.

Basecamp Location:
28.362718, -81.542121 – “Caribbean Beach Resort”
Location was chosen as it is my favorite resort (after Wilderness Lodge) and we secured the DDP.
Additionally it is also a very centrally located location which is convenient.

Operation Timeline:
Early October

Mission Overview:
Planning started a bit late (86 days out), but through sheer will and determination I managed to secure every ADR we were looking for (namely CRT, BoG, ‘Ohana, and Akershus). At the height of my madness I was checking MDE every 5-10 minutes. By the end of the first two weeks after we booked, I was all set. However during this time, I actually found 4 different CRTs, 2 BoGs, 5 ‘Ohanas, 3 Chef Mickey’s, 4 1900 Park Fares, and 7+ Akershus)… I only write this to give other parents out there who book later hope that yes you can get the ADRs you are looking for if you are persistent. We had 2 different ‘Ohana Best Friends Breakfasts too, but every time we would check back with our 3-year old about do you want to meet Stich, she would reply “umm… probably no”. (not the biggest Lilo & Stich fan), so we dropped them.

I also did my best to strategically plan certain FP reservations around the ADRs, for example; Day-4, Frozen Ever After is right before dinner at Akershus in Norway, and on Day-6, Enchanted Tales with Belle is right before BoG. I have also maximized our EMH utilization and tried to leave in plenty of time for breaks. We are also planning on brining a few of my daughter’s princess dresses (especially Cinderella) and we are going to surprise her with a pair of “glass slippers” before dinner at the Royal Table. I know most people don’t like to do a table service on their first day, BUT… since this is my wife and daughters first time in WDW, what is a more magical way to kick off your trip, than by going into the Magic Kingdom for the first time and then eating dinner in the castle. I had a reservation for later in the week when it wasn’t a party night too, but there is some sappy sentimental part of me that thinks this is too awesome an opportunity to pass on. You only make a first impression once, right?

Additionally two mornings unplanned (but still utilizing FP for that day), so we can have some flexibility in what we want to do towards the end of the week. I will admit I too am a color-coded spreadsheet maniac, with everything perfectly managed in 15 minute intervals. This was hugely helpful for planning ADRs, FPs, and which parks to be in, but I did make sure to leave in plenty of breathing room.

Mission Details:

Day 1: Arrival/ MNSSHP (from 4pm)
FP: Meet Rapunzel and a Visiting Princess at Princess Fairytale Hall 16:00
FP: Jungle Cruise 17:30
TS: Fairytale Dining Dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table 20:10

Day 2: Magic Kingdom
FP: Peter Pan's Flight 9:20 AM - 10:20 AM
QS: Be Our Guest Lunch – QSR 11:20 AM
FP: Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin 12:50
FP: Seven Dwarfs Mine Train 14:50
TS: 'Ohana Dinner 17:35 PM

Day 3: DHS (morning EMH) / EPCOT (afternoon/evening)
FP: Toy Story Mania! 9:20
FP: Star Tours – The Adventures Continue 10:25
FP: For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration 13:00
TS: Coral Reef Restaurant Dinner 18:00

Day 4: AK (morning EMH) / EPCOT (afternoon/evening)
FP: Mission: SPACE 15:05
FP: The Seas with Nemo & Friends 16:10
FP: Frozen Ever After 17:15
TS: Princess Storybook Dining Dinner at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall 18:00

Day 5: Morning unplanned / DHS (afternoon/evening)
TS: Minnie's Beach Bash Breakfast at Cape May Café7:35
FP: Disney Junior - Live on Stage! 14:50
FP: Star Tours – The Adventures Continue 15:40
TS: Minnie's Seasonal Dine Dinner at Hollywood & Vine 17:35
FP: Fantasmic! 19:25

Day 6: Morning unplanned / Magic Kingdom (afternoon/evening EMH)
FP: Seven Dwarfs Mine Train 14:20
FP: Enchanted Tales with Belle 15:30
TS: Be Our Guest Dinner 16:40
FP: Splash Mountain 18:45

Day 7: EPCOT (morning EMH) / Magic Kingdom (afternoon)
FP: Mission: SPACE 9:30
FP: Soarin' 10:30
FP: Turtle Talk With Crush 11:30
TS: Le Cellier Steakhouse Lunch 12:30 (Mom and dad need something too ;)

Day 8: Extraction to LZ - "MCO"

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter