Opinions needed----OKW or WLV??

KJal1

Mouseketeer
My family and I are looking to get a villa for our May trip and I was wondering if anyone had any opinions on which they would choose---OKW or WLV?? I'm looking into renting points for this trip and WLV are significantly higher than OKW, so I need some opinions.
Also, how has the transportation been at WL lately? I've read so many complaints about the bus service that I'm a little nervous about staying there.
Any opinions??

We rented points last year and stayed at OKW and really loved it. It's peaceful, brightly-colored, and spotlessly clean.

We had our own car, so we did not need to use their busses. However, I did notice that the busses passed by frequently....I rarely saw people waiting at the stops.

I highly recommend this resort, and wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

We stayed in a 2 bdr at OKW last November. The villas have the largest square footage of all the DVC properties. It is a quiet and peaceful resort, with nice views of the golf course. It is very spread out, and depending on where your villa is, you have to either take a bus or drive to the main pool or restaurant. There are no fancy waterslides at the pools, but they are still nice. THere is a snack bar at the Turtle Pond pool, and the main sit down restaurant, Olivias. The decor is pleasant - lots of pastels and soft colors. Overall, it is a very relaxing and laid back place a nice break from the hustle of the parks.

We stayed in a studio at VWL in May. The decor is very Pacific Northwest - lots of wood and dark reds and greens. To me, it really feels like you are transported to a different part of the country. The rooms are a little smaller than OKW, but still very roomy. The views are mainly of the woods. You have the added advantages of using the WL facilities here - two sit down restaurants plus Roaring Forks counter service - the main pool with a water slide as well as the Villas quiet pool. You also have boat transportation to MK and you can see the Electric Water Pageant at night. Other than the boat to MK, we usually drove our own car, so I can't comment on the buses.

I personally prefer VWL but I don't think you'll be disappointed with OKW either. They are both lovely.

We decided on OKW with a 2 nights stay at Poly. Friday and Sat. WLV do look beautiful, but DH, DS and I had visited the resort on our last trip and it reminded me (the lobby at least) of AKL (which is where we were staying). I'd like to try something completely different than the "Lodge" theme this time.
Like I told DH "next time we go, we'll just get a studio at WL." I always manage to find some excuse to go back!!

Thanks for you opinions!!:wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter