opinions on eating

dansyr

I'm a loser
DBF and I booked gold dreammaker pkg for our upcoming vacation. This is the first time we will be eating at mostly sit-down restaraunts. After much research I have compiled a list of restaraunts I would like to eat at. I need opinions and suggestions please. We have 21 meals included

California grill
Boma
Cindy's (hopefully for breakfast)
San Angel Inn
Le Cellier
Poly luau ( booked already)
Brown Derby ( for fantasmic)
Coral Reef
Crystal Palace
Fultons

Kinda stuck for Breakfasts though

Any other must do's????:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

We did this plan last year (it was called the Deluxe Magic). First, beware!!! You will be planning your days around your meals. We got tired of it very quickly and ended up winging it after a while (we didn't show for many of our PS at the end of the trip.) 3 Disney meals a day will fill you up, especially with all you get with them. We opted for the Discovery Magic (Silver) this year...simply too much food last time! This plan gives us the option of 2 meals a day.

I can tell you that California Grill is amazing. Wonderful food, especially the salmon and sushi. Coral Reef..good salmon (are you seeing my trend here?) Fulton's was my DH favorite. I would also strongly recommend Yachtman's Steakhouse at the Yachtclub. Wonderful food. My DH loved the lamb at Maya Grill at Coronado Springs, too. Best he's had! For breakfasts, we loved the Restarantourus at the Animal Kindgdom. I hear some mixed reviews here, but we loved it. Crystal Palace was so good we did 2 breakfasts there (both of those places are character buffets.) I would not recommend dinner there. (I got very very ill after eating dinner there.) Hollywood and Vine was OK, the characters kind of creeped my out there though...I think it was the costumes:p Also, one of my favorites we ate at was 50's Prime Time cafe. Not so much for the food, but the atmosphere and humor. Great place for a funny break.

This year we are trying out Le Chefs de France, Artists Point, and the Brown Derby....we didn't have the chance last time! All I can say is, enjoy all the food, but eat at all your MUST DO places first, because, believe it or not, it gets all that food gets old fast....but it is still great! (Make sure you do the Backstage Safari Tour at AK. It should be included. It is wonderful!)

We just got back from eight days of Disney dining--yum!

California Grill was wonderful. Flatbreads, chicken, salmon, and new Hazelnut Pyramid dessert were all outstanding. Plus, you may get the see fireworks in addition to the incredible view. Don't miss this one.

Cindy's for breakfast is something we haven't done, but it was great for dinner. The atmosphere is so special.

San Agenl Inn is a favorite, altho we didn't get there this time. They used to make a wonderful margarita and the mole is great. Beautiful place to dine.

LeCellier was great as always. Try the cheddar cheese soup. I always have the filet, and my Hubby had good trout.

Coral Reef was very disappointing. It is pretty, but the food was really unremarkable.

You might also consider 'Ohana at Polynesian. It was fun and very good.

Have a great time and bring the Pepto!

Thanks everyone for the advice and keep it coming. I think by the time we get back I may put on 15 lbs. Although my DBF will love it. I actually got tired of watching him eat last time...lol

Actually I just thought of another question. Do you think it will be ok to make ps's once we get there and decide where we are going to be each day. We are going march 5th - 11th. I will make ps's ahead of time for cindy's ,luau, and cirque. We are flexible with times so do you think it is ok.

I wouldn't miss Flying Fish Cafe. It's one of the top seafood restaurants in the state.

I feel that Portobello Yacht Club is underrated. They have excellent Italian food.

Fulton's Crab House also has wonderful seafood and a huge selection.

Spoodles has a great breakfast buffet.

If you're looking for a breakfast, we did Princess Storybook at Norway in EPCOT during the trial period in August and loved it! It was quieter than some other character meals, and the CMs and food were both great. I believe we saw Jasmine, Belle, Aurora, Snow White, and Mary Poppins, but I know they sometimes change one or two. It was so awesome to walk through an empty and totally peaceful EPCOT!

One more thought, for anyone with a small DD- make the first ps for the morning and get there early to check in. They pick one small "Princess of the Day" to open the resteraunt. She wears a hat and cape, and gets a wand, and when she waves the wand at the door, it "magically" opens and (in our case) Princess Maggie's breakfast begins. The characters pay special attention to the Princess of the Day as well. So adorable, what a neat bit of Disney magic this was, and I don't even have kids!

It will be just my boyfriend and I . No kids. We are suckers for the characters though. I think if we do not get CRT we will try for Princess breakfast in Epcot. Do you think Princess breakfast is ok for 2 adults. *********** thanks for the link to website, it is great .

SURE, if you like the characters. We went at opening and there was only one small child (Princess Maggie, like 4) the rest were mostly 8 or over, although it was pretty empty. I guess moms of real littles just don't make it to those early breakfast PSs. Anyway, if you're worried about lots of excited fans, not to worry.

When we ate there it was me, DH, my brother (13) and my sister (20). My mom and dad didn't come along, but later wished they would have.

Have fun planning!

Definitely try Ohana's and Boma's. Don't be afraid to do character dining - my husband and I do all the time - we are just as excited as the 6 year olds!!!

Don't miss the cirque option you have - it is more that worth it...maybe eat at House of Blues when you go...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter