Opinions on Maelstrom Closing!

I only got to ride it once last year, and I am really disappointed that I can't go on it anymore. I just hope that Epcot doesn't get overran with Disney characters. I liked how it wasn't completely filled with characters.

I only went on Maelstorm once and it scared me.Not in a cool type of way that a ride is scary though.I didn't really like it.That being said I like Frozen and I think a ride for it would be cool
.However Frozen is so popular sometimes I find it to be overrated there other recent disney movies: The Princess and the Frog,Tangled and Wreck-it-Ralph and they don't have a single ride.

The Frozen ride should be put in HS since so much of that is being redone. Personally no ride should replace Maelstrom, the World Showcase really doesn't need rides. I know a ride will replace it, but they really could make it something history related

I think the Frozen ride is a great idea. I loved Maelstrom, but bringing Frozen into Norway works out perfectly because the movie is set in Norway. My main concern is that the Norway pavilion doesn't have enough capacity for all the people that will be storming onto that ride in the first few years after opening. Maelstrom already had around a 30 min wait, and it wasn't the most popular ride in Epcot. I cannot imagine that this one Epcot country will have enough room for all the people coming onto this ride. On the other hand, hopefully this ride will make World Showcase more appealing to those who think that it is just an educational experience (not me by the way, I love WS!)

Ok, so here's my little rant.

I never really liked Maelstrom and I already know how the Frozen ride might go (not going to explain it though, it's kind of confusing). Apparently they're also adding a whole meet and greet place for Anna and Elsa and I think I saw something about a Frozen store, but I may be wrong. If Norway ends up becoming Frozen Land I will scream my head off. Frozen is super overrated (does anyone else realize that it came out a year and a half ago but it feels like it came out last month because nobody. will stop. talking. about it?!) and yes, it is a great movie, but can the hype about it please end? Thank you.

Ok, rant over.

:offtopic:, but does anyone think it would be a cool idea to have a BH6 meet and great with Hiro and/or Baymax in Japan (or anywhere really). Just a thought :-).

I never watched Big Hero 6 but Disney should pay attention to their other movies besides Frozen.I think a Frozen ride would have fit better in Magic Kingdom though I don't like Maelstrom.

I'm not as big of a fan of frozen as most people. Simply put, it's popularity kinda ruined it for me. ,_, I don't want to come off as a hipster of any sorts, but it's the truth. I'm seriously sick of hearing about it, and thank goodness the Let it Go parody trend has died down. But despite MY personal opinions on the movie, I think it'll be really cool. I mean, honestly, I'm excited to see what Disney can make of it. Maelstrom was pretty old.. and although I love it, it really wasn't an attraction that appealed to children, and wasn't getting much attention. Not to mention, absolutely everyone skipped the movie at the end. I've never seen anyone stay for it. Even though I'm not a big frozen fan, I realize that a loooot of kids are. They're growing up with it and it's the new thing for them. I just imagine how much I would've loved going to belles castle as a kid, and yeah- im instantly all for the frozen ride. x)
x
Besides, wouldn't it be kinda cool? Just admit it, they can do cool things with the concept. c:

anyone know when it's going to open?
Supposedly late 2017 early 2017

For those complaining about Epcot being the wrong place for Frozen, I see the Disney logic. MK is crowded w long waits and Epcot is pretty easy to navigate. All the attractions in the counties are adult oriented and none appeal to small children. As a result, Epcot is not getting the huge demand that 7 Dwarfs is creating now that Soarin has been around for a while. Frozen will shift some crowds to Epcot and will also send young families into the countries where many don't even bother heading to now.

I know I will miss the Maelstrom ride. I have always enjoyed it. I do however love the movie Frozen so I am also looking forward to seeing exactly what Disney is going to do with this new Frozen themed ride and area.

Someone is goin to get fired and I'll be the one doing the fire(Ing) for take away maelstrom and the frozen ride should have been built in Norway as a 2nd ride

I liked the whole Maelstrom Ride with the Trolls and especially going over the falls. I really hope Disney knows what the heck there doing putting a Frozen themed ride in a World Showcase Pavilion of Norway that has nothing really to showcase Norway at all. I always say the Disney Imagineers are geniuses, but this time there decision don't make much sense other then Frozen was a Blockbuster hit.

I only rode the Maelstrom ride one time, but I thought it was a pretty good ride. I have faith in Disney though and if they feel like a Frozen ride is going to be a success than it probably will.

I loved Maelstrom. I think it's kind of disrespectful to Norway to just take out the ride and replace it it with Frozen. Don't get me wrong, I can't wait to ride the ride and I love Frozen, but it belongs in the Studios.

I miss Maelstrom a lot!! I mean I love Frozen but I rather have the Frozen ride be located in Hollywood Studio.

I loved Maelstrom. I think it's kind of disrespectful to Norway to just take out the ride and replace it it with Frozen. Don't get me wrong, I can't wait to ride the ride and I love Frozen, but it belongs in the Studios.
I agree so much with this. The Frozen ride will no doubt be great, but it doesn't belong in Norway or any World Showcase area. You are right it does belong in Hollywood Studios.

Supposedly late 2017 early 2017

For those complaining about Epcot being the wrong place for Frozen, I see the Disney logic. MK is crowded w long waits and Epcot is pretty easy to navigate. All the attractions in the counties are adult oriented and none appeal to small children. As a result, Epcot is not getting the huge demand that 7 Dwarfs is creating now that Soarin has been around for a while. Frozen will shift some crowds to Epcot and will also send young families into the countries where many don't even bother heading to now.
I heard it is opening sometime is 2016.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!