Opinions on Paddlefish

bphilb

Mouseketeer
I'm on the DDP for my upcoming November trip and we are going to be at Disney Springs a couple of nights and on one of the nights I have scheduled dinner at Paddlefish (I'm going to Morimoto the other night). I always liked the look of the restaurant from the outside even when it was Fulton's and I love seafood. I never seem to read many positive reviews though and wonder if I may regret not going to the Boathouse instead. Has anyone been recently that can tell me about their experience?

I was there a couple of weeks ago and had the Magical Dining menu.

I had hoped to sit outside but it was raining cats and dogs. There was really nothing special about the area I was seated in.

I had fried green tomatoes, shrimp and grits and key lime pie. Everything was fresh and of a decent quality but I found the preparation very bland. The pie was definitely the star of my meal.

Last edited:

My dd and dsil ate there a few nights ago and did not have a good experience. First they had to wait close to an hour for their food and the manager comped their meal. Then when the food arrived it appeared to have been hastily prepared or not prepared correctly. Dd's Alaskan king crab legs were flavorless and waterlogged. Dsl's lobster was chewy and flavorless. They both said they won't go back. I was looking forward to trying it but I think I will hold off for a while.

We tried to eat here a few months ago, after we sat at a table for 30 minutes with absolutely no service we left. About 15 minutes in we went and asked the hostess if someone was assigned to our table and she assured us they would be there soon. I’m sorry for those prices I should not wait half an hour for somebody to stop by and actually Acknowledge we were at the table.

We went over to the boathouse and they seated us and we were having drinks and appetizers in that same half hour time period

Thanks for all the feedback. This is a tough one. I live in the mid-west and live getting good seafood from the east coast, but at the same time I hear if enough bad experiences to give me pause.

Last edited:
I'm sorry the above posters had the experiences they did because when I went in March hands down I had the best meal and customer service ever (and I've had a lot of Disney meals...) We actually arrived an hour early for our reservation (I mis read the time of our reservation - oops) and they sat us right away. Our waitress was so wonderful, we started with the crab ceviche, for my entree I had the scallops with cauliflower puree and brussels sprouts, my DBF had the catch of the day, which was mahi mahi with crab fried rice, and we finished with the key lime pie. I have dreamt of repeating this meal over and over.

But I do agree with the previous poster, it's all personal opinion - others love Le Cellier and I've not had any good experiences there, same goes for STK.

Ate there last November and really enjoyed it. We eat a lot of seafood living on the Texas Gulf coast. There were four of us and I had the cippino and it was wonderful. Crab cakes for appitizer, daughter in law had Shrimp and Grits, Wife had a biol pot with shrimp and son had swordfish, service was good and food was wonderful.

Opinions will vary but our one experience was good.

I'm in the definitely not camp. We've been twice and had poor service both times. Food was very much a mixed bag. Lobster corn dogs? Excellent. Grilled octopus? Half good, half rubbery. Crab ceviche? Musty and canned tasting. Couldn't finish it. For a Signature, it underwhelmed. I would do The Boathouse over Paddlefish.

We went on 10/2 and while I'm not a huge fan of seafood (mostly just prefer crabcakes) my boyfriend is, and we both liked what we got (him more than myself)
He got the lobster, which our server (Leanne I think was her name?) very kindly got the meat out for him
He said it was very good, and I'll just take his word for it haha
I had never actually tried lobster before so we got the oh-so-intriguing lobster corndogs (not like a normal corndog with lobster shoved in it, just lightly battered lobster pieces on a stick lol) so I could try the lobster (and we already knew he LOVES lobster)
Flavor was fine but it was a texture issue for me (which is why I don't really like seafood)
We both got a margarita, they were very good but VERY strong so pace yourself lol
The bread and cinnamon butter they serve are also pretty good!
I got the crabcake BLT and while it was okay, I think I would have preferred the ingredients to be separated. Tomato and crabcake is a weird combination.
The service is VERY kind and informed, our server had a quick answer to every question we had
If you love seafood I do recommend it

Paddlefish was easily the most disappointing meal during our last trip and possibly ever. The food just wasn’t that good. Ordered the filet and shrimp. There was zero seasoning on the steak. It was sent back and then it was over cooked. It was really inexcusable. It came with a huge mound of flavorless mashed potatoes. DD ordered a kids hamburger. They brought her a burned cheeseburger which wasn’t what she ordered. Sent that back and the rest of us finished our meals before her meal was brought back.

The table next to us also complained about their meals and sent several of their meals back. When it was time for the bill the manager balked at removing my DDs meal from the bill, (which she didn’t even finish because it was so late).

Over all we had better food and dining experiences at counter service restaurants. The restaurant falls far from its label as a signature restaurant. Don’t waste your time and pick another option. There are far better restaurants to choose from.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!