Opinions on the Disney Dining Experience Please.....

aliceinwdw

Earning My Ears
I just heard about the Disney Dining Experience and I am interested in buying the card. I wanted to see if I could get some opinions and/or experiences beforehand. Thanks everyone!!!:)

Barb

Welcome to the DIS aliceinwdw.

I'm going to move this over to our restaurants board for you.

Katholyn

I've used the Disney Dining Experience going on 3 years now and find it very worthwhile.

Pros:

It can be used for up to 5 other people in your party, but I have always gotten the discount even on groups of 14.

It also includes discounts on alcohol.

You can get a spouse card for FREE.

I can use it at my local cafe in Celebration!

They have monthly newsletters with lots of events. I have copies of these which I can send you to look over before deciding.

You and a friend can get into Pleasure Island for half-price.

Cons:

It cannot be used for most counter-service. The exception is Animal Kingdom which doesn't really have sit-down. Some hotels (e.g. All-Stars) which don't have sit-down will let you use them in the food courts.

You cannot use it in conjunction with the Fantasmic dinner package.

I consider myself pretty Disney savvy and I have never heard of this (at least I don't think I have). Can anyone pass along some info?

Hi Kdibattista

I Emailed Disney a while back concerning the Dining Experience--here's my reply from them-----------

Thank you for contacting WALT DISNEY WORLD!

You will be interested to know that we offer the DISNEY'S DINING EXPERIENCE, a
dining discount program for Florida residents ONLY.

Disney's Dining Experience Benefits:

* Members shall receive a 20% discount on all food and beverage (including
alcohol) for up to 6 people at participating table-service Disney restaurants
* Discount applies to member's check only
* Member must be present to receive discount.
* Card must be presented when ordering along with Florida Driver's License
* 1/2 price admission to Pleasure Island for card holder (hard-ticket admission
excluded)
* Club Newsletter
* Complimentary parking if the guest enters a theme park for a short period for
the sole purpose of dining. Guest should pay parking at the toll booth, then
after dining, present receipt and parking ticket at Guest Relations for a
refund.
* Exclusive invitations to Disney's Dining Experience events

WDW-DINE (407- 939-3463) will book priority seatings for guests who are members
of Disney's Dining Experience.
Theme park admission is required when dining in Theme Park restaurants.

Please remember that participating restaurants are subject to change. Guests
will be notified of any changes in future newsletters.

Certain restrictions apply during holidays and special events, please check with
the restaurant when you make your reservation.
Disney's Dining Experience discount cannot be used in combination with any other
discount.

Captiva
OKW since 1992

This is the best thing since sliced bread. 20% off on all meals in sit down rest. including buffets and valet free while eating at resorts. The card paid for itself in 3 meals. Every sit down rest. on property accepts the card as of now.

Well, that is just ducky! Now I have NO excuses left to not move to FL. Any room left in Celebration?

Do a google search on "Celebration Florida Real Estate" There is often something pretty nice in the $500,000 range - but you'll that up in savings on the Disney Dining Experience.

Ahhhh.... I see now

You will be interested to know that we offer the DISNEY'S DINING EXPERIENCE, a

I don't live in Florida!!!!! Man I gotta move ;)

Originally posted by Happy Birthday Cat
Well, that is just ducky! Now I have NO excuses left to not move to FL. Any room left in Celebration?
I guess this is off-topic, but the last section of Celebration is just opening up. I guess it will take a couple years to sellout, but that depends on the housing market.

As far as prices go, single-family detached homes range from the low 200's to multi-million dollar estates.

If you'd have any more questions on this topic you can email or private-message me.

Originally posted by InnoventionsGuy

They have monthly newsletters with lots of events. I have copies of these which I can send you to look over before deciding.

That would be awesome Innoventions Guy!! Thanks everyone for their replys!! :Pinkbounc

Barb

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter