Opinions on the Wyndham Palace Resort and Spa?

sgtdisney

DIS Veteran
A friend of mine is staying at the Wyndham Palace Resort and Spa this month and I was just wondering if anyone had any opinions either good, bad or indifferent on the resort?

:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :earsgirl: :tongue: :crazy: :tongue: :crazy: :tongue: :earsgirl: :tongue: :earsgirl: :tongue:
I am staying there this month and would certainly love Info. I got a Great Deal on Priceline and want to know if it is worth the $50 I paid. I once used Priceline and Recieved Haytt Orlando. I hope this Hotel is better than That cesspool.

Thanks:tongue: :crazy: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :earsgirl: :tongue:

We stayed there for one night (Sept 30) through priceline at the beginning of our trip. We had a good experience. The rooms are a good size. I would suggest joining Wyndham by Request if you have not already done so. It helps you get a good room and also some snacks at check-in. It is definitely worth $50/night.

In April of 2000 we stayed at the Wyndham Palace for 6 nights. We got an incredible deal through Priceline.

We really enjoyed our stay and have to say that it was the nicest hotel that we have stayed at offsite. We had a very nice room with a balcony overlooking a pond/lake in the back of the hotel. The pool was nice and it had a kiddie pool and a nearby playground. We had some very good meals at the hotel and always had encountered great service. The location is great! We walked to Downtown Disney several nights, and easy 10-15 minute walk. We never used the transportation, travelling with 2 kids we always used our own car to the parks.

I'd have to say the only negative comment is that the self park area can be quite a hike from the hotel entrance so it's best to drop everybody off, and then go park, and then meet up with everbody in the lobby.

I would definitely stay here again and definitely would reccommend.

Leah :)

I just came back from the Wyndham Palace on Sunday. I have to say that it is a great hotel. But I will agree that the parking is bad.
We stayed on the 25th floor overlooking downtown disney, swan and dolphin, and mgm. and could see Epcot if we leaned over a little. The room was great, the pool nice, and the hotel was beautiful. It has everything you need. The disney marketplace is literally across the street from the hotel.
My wife and I both said we would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone we know. And I've got to say we do enjoy the better things in life, and this hotel was not a let down.

I have pictures of rooms at the wyndham in the link in my signature.

Thanks for all the information. I will be sure to pass all this on to my friend. It sounds like a really nice resort.

The other nice thing about the Wyndam is that you can walk to Downtown Disney and catch the bus there to the parks. The bus from Downtown Disney is much better than the Wyndam bus!

I spent a week at the Wyndham in June. I was on the Presidential Level. I thought the service was terrible, the rooms a bit run down. I am a wyndham by request member and I got nothing that I ordered. I wound up leaving a day early, there were an enormous amount of convention people there very rowdy and very drunk all the time. I am just curious how anyone found it easy to walk to Downtown Disney? I was there with my two teenagers and we couldn't even get across the street safely. There is asolutely nothing like disney property! And by the way I booked thru Wyndham by Request. paid $269 a night and would not go back for $50.

mommyto2girls,

I'm sorry you had such a horrible experience there. Maybe some months have heavier convention traffic. We were there at the end of April 2000, and even though there was some convention traffic, it was not that busy. We walked to Downtown Disney several nights with our son in his stroller. We got a phenomenal rate from Priceline for $55.00 per night. The year prior to this we were at the Comfort Suites Orlando, and believe me, staying at the Wyndham Palace was like a dream come true!

Better luck next time you go!

Leah :)

Ick, hated this place, in fact I won't bid Priceline in this area anymore for fear of getting this hotel. We only paid $47.00 per night for 2 nights, and still didn't feel like it was worth it, if I had paid full price I would have checked out or challeneged the charge. I took my 2 DD's and a friend of theirs, they had goggles for the pool and after using them they would not go back in the water, because they said is was filthy. (They were 10, 13 and 13 so I'm amazed they even noticed)

Alice

PS we were there April of 2001, Leah we are also from Aurora,IL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter