Opinions on this itinerary please.

caz

Earning My Ears
After many many trips with the children to WDW Florida from the UK we have decided this year it will be the West coast.We have booked 5 nights in Anaheim , 7 nights in San Diego and 4 nights in Las Vegas.I am now torn as to whether or not we should alter this plan to make it 7 nights in Anaheim and only 5 nights in San Diego ? I thought the Disney Parks and Universal would be comparable but apparently they are not so we want to visit both Disney parks , Universal , Hollywood , and have a general mooch.If anyone has any opinions or anything that is an absolute must see at any of these locations I would be most grateful.Thanks in advance :)

I prefer San Diego to Anaheim so this may not help you. We did 4 days in Anaheim and 8 or 9 in SD the past 2 summers. I found it was too rushed once we got to SD. We spend several days or part days at Sea World tho, I like to be able to slow down and not be in a rush to do everything. We usually get to take in a couple baseball games, either zoo or WAP, Legoland, Birch Aquarium, a day at the beach & the harbour cruise is my favorite, a day of shopping.
In Anaheim we did 3 days at Disney & a slow day at a couple of hockey stores.
4 days for Vegas may be more than you need. Maybe you could do 2 or 3 days in Vegas and add the difference to Anaheim. Depending on your kids ages. My son is 12 and I think 2 days in the Vegas heat is lots.

We went in So Cal in January [from Toronto, Canada].

Disney can be done in 3 to 4 days at a very leisurely pace.

We were disappointed with Universal Studios Hollywood.

We LOVED visiting Hollywood....we started at Grumanns, took a one-hour bus tour and also did lots of walking around. Visit THE GROVE & Beverly Hills Shopping Centre to see celebrities. West Hollywood is lovely. Hollywood took us about 3 days. That includes Paramount VIP Tour, tour of the cemetary and Rodeo Drive.

If you can visit Venice Beach, Santa Monica and Malibu, you will love it!

S

You see we will arrive the first day and that will be probably straight to bed with the time difference.Up early the first day to do DL and then day 2 CA then 3 day 4 Hollywood but then no days left for anything else unless we go somewhere on our drive to San Diego .Does that sound about right ?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter