Opinions on what dates these rolling DCL Cancellations will go through - Poll

Opinions on what date these rolling DCL Cancellations will go to

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinFL

DCL Pearl
Disney has officially rolled cancellations out again to June 18th 2020. Do people feel that is now the end of it? Or will they push again through July? Then through August? Will it continue through all of 2020?

Reply with your thoughts and also take the Poll

I'm going to go with "fall" from these choices since all of 2020 really only adds from Dec 21st onwards... :teeth:

At the moment, I think late July..but maybe into August. We have an 8/3 dream cruise booked. We're at Disney 9nts before it. I ended up making a dvc reservation for my cruise dates in case the cruise is cancelled but parks are open. If they've been sending crew home when possible, it'll take a while to get them back, especially with closed borders.

Edited...just changed my vote to Fall. I am doubtful my 8/3 cruise will happen...

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised if when they start cruising again, they cancel every other cruise or maybe delay cruises by a day, to have extra time to clean between two sailings.

The No Sail Order is in effect until July 1, the cancellations might just be until this date in the hopes that the Order will be lifted, but also to give them a couple of weeks to arrange further cancellations extending past July 1. Not really sure why they're rushing to get back to cruising with the fact there's no real way to protect passengers from infection unless they plan on doing rapid tests to everyone prior to boarding. Then what will they do at excursion ports? Retest everyone that goes ashore? Doesn't make practical sense to hurry back unless there's a absolute guarantee everyone on board the ships are infection free and can stay that way.

I wouldn't be surprised if when they start cruising again, they cancel every other cruise or maybe delay cruises by a day, to have extra time to clean between two sailings.
That would enrage a lot of their paying guests who are still willing to cruise, so I don't see it happening. They might delay boarding until later in the afternoon, though.

I will say, I feel that those of us who have PIF will hopefully have the opportunity to cancel for a refund if we find our cruises will cruise without access to pool/kids club/characters/shows. I pay what I pay for a Disney cruise...without all those things, I would consider a different, cheaper line.

It's actually thru July 2 on the Magic. :( Got this from my TA today.

Disney Cruise Line has officially cancelled all sailings on the Disney Magic through July 2, 2020.
The following departures have been affected:
  • 9-Night Mediterranean with Greek Isles 6/13
  • 9-Night Mediterranean with Greek Isles 6/22
  • 12-Night Mediterranean with Greek Isles 7/1

I will say, I feel that those of us who have PIF will hopefully have the opportunity to cancel for a refund if we find our cruises will cruise without access to pool/kids club/characters/shows. I pay what I pay for a Disney cruise...without all those things, I would consider a different, cheaper line.

I'm a bit surprised that they're still offering discounts for late July and August, since those cruises will almost certainly be cancelled as well. Are they hoping to just shore up the balance sheets with the idea that people will transfer their deposits to later cruises?

I didn't anticipate the characters being a huge highlight of our Alaska cruise, what with the amazing scenery and excursions. But my kids LOVED them. It was very different from the parks experience, because there are more opportunities for spontaneous character interaction and you might see the same face character several times so that kids develop a rapport with some of them. The characters visited the kids clubs too and lead activities. My son is wearing his shirt from the Friendship Rocks show today. We also went to three movies and two of the stage shows. Without the Disney characters and entertainment, the premium would definitely be harder to justify.

But, I wouldn't consider a cheaper line. If we don't feel like it's safe to cruise with DCL, we won't cruise at all.

I'm a bit surprised that they're still offering discounts for late July and August, since those cruises will almost certainly be cancelled as well. Are they hoping to just shore up the balance sheets with the idea that people will transfer their deposits to later cruises?

I didn't anticipate the characters being a huge highlight of our Alaska cruise, what with the amazing scenery and excursions. But my kids LOVED them. It was very different from the parks experience, because there are more opportunities for spontaneous character interaction and you might see the same face character several times so that kids develop a rapport with some of them. The characters visited the kids clubs too and lead activities. My son is wearing his shirt from the Friendship Rocks show today. We also went to three movies and two of the stage shows. Without the Disney characters and entertainment, the premium would definitely be harder to justify.

But, I wouldn't consider a cheaper line. If we don't feel like it's safe to cruise with DCL, we won't cruise at all.

I would not consider another line in reality! Who am I kidding! While I feel like we would be ok not meeting the characters for autographs, I would need them to be a part of our cruise for my girls 10 & 7. Reality is no one knows what cruising will look like and when it will restart. I think we all agree there will be some changes. I just hope that since I am locked into a cruise for Late July that IF it sails, I will have the opportunity to change my sailing if the accommodations to maintain safety limit our very expensive cruise experience.

JMO: DCL will cancel thru mid December and the only reason they haven't officially cancelled is because they're being restrained my management - JMO.

I've been thinking about this a bit after the announcement today and something tells me the summer season will be shot. I think we have a good chance in the Fall so that's where my vote is going.

This is a big jump by DCL though....usually they extend by a two-week period but now they've gone about a month out in line with Carnival which is now at June 26th.

I'm holding hope that we'll get to sail the 2021 WBPC on the Wonder, the entire cruise is sold out, and the "group" I'm part of on another social media site has over 500 members anxious to get on board, in Feb of 2021. Fingers crossed!

Not impossible. In the best case scenario, I’m thinking people boarding at 4:00 PM instead of 11:00 AM.

JMO: DCL will cancel thru mid December and the only reason they haven't officially cancelled is because they're being restrained my management - JMO.

I agree.
Think about it. SO many schools are preparing for distance learning in the fall. Schools will be in session before cruises.

I went all in and said cruises will be canceled through the end of 2020. The CDC guidelines are incredibly strict, we still don't have adequate testing and there is talk of a resurgence in the fall/winter. I don't think it would cost effective for DCL to reassemble their crew only to, perhaps, have to go through this all over again in the fall/winter season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter