Opinions please

itsdisneytime

oh my, am i day dreaming about Disney again?
Hello Disney Friends - I pray you are all continuing to be well. I'm looking for opinions. I realize that truthfully all we can all do is wait and see but here's my deal:

My daughter is a Senior in high school. She was one of many who had her Prom, Graduation, Dance Recital etc all canceled due to Covid19. She is an only child and became very isolated & depressed a few weeks in.

In an effort to give her something to look forward to, we decided to get some 2020 Mickey Graduation Ears and book a trip for the 1st week of August so we could get Graduation pictures of her in her favorite 2 parks. I have family who owns at a place off site and so we are not staying in a Disney resort this time.

Now I'm reading that with Phase 1 perhaps only AP holders and folks staying on property will be allowed in? Granted that is speculated to start June 1??? ......

I'm wondering if August will allow for non Disney Hotel guests? She will be devastated if this gets taken away too. Now I'm hoping I didn't set her up for disaster.

I'd love your thoughts :)

I feel for your daughter. Mine is a rising senior and I know how hard this has been on her and she hasn't lost as much as the seniors did.

Disney definitely won't be open June 1 and they still haven't announced when they will be open. They also haven't announced that only AP holders and/or on property guests will be allowed. All of that is rumor at this point. I am by no means an expert but I would hope by August non Disney guests would be allowed in the parks. As a backup, could you take her to Universal since we know they plan to be open?

Thank you for your reply & I pray for a year full of Healthy and Happy Senior Memories to be made with your rising Senior.

I do realize that things are all hearsay at the moment until Disney makes its official statement.

The whole reason of going to the 2 parks was solely for pictures. We are not thrilled about the August Heat lol. But to answer your question.... i would love to go to Universal or any park but she is not a fan if anything other than MK and AK so if we can't take pictures there, we will probably just wait until we can. Thankfully I was told our tickets would be transferred to a date we can use them should the parks not allow us in August

I’m sorry but we have no idea when WDW will open or how they will open. They have cancelled all onsite stays through 6/13.

Also be aware indications are masks & temp checks will be required, social distancing & capacity limits will be active (unknown how they will determine what capacity is or who has priority for entry), some attractions may be closed, nightly entertainment & character meets might not happen. Idk how strict mask wearing will or won’t be so you might or might not be able to get her photos mask free. It’s all chatter at this point, Disney has not said one way or another- but it does reflect policies Universal is implementing for June at least. I suspect an Aug trip to WDW will very much be a COVID-WDW Trip if they are open in that while you will be in WDW it won’t be an escape from COVID reality.

Hello Disney Friends - I pray you are all continuing to be well. I'm looking for opinions. I realize that truthfully all we can all do is wait and see but here's my deal:

My daughter is a Senior in high school. She was one of many who had her Prom, Graduation, Dance Recital etc all canceled due to Covid19. She is an only child and became very isolated & depressed a few weeks in.

In an effort to give her something to look forward to, we decided to get some 2020 Mickey Graduation Ears and book a trip for the 1st week of August so we could get Graduation pictures of her in her favorite 2 parks. I have family who owns at a place off site and so we are not staying in a Disney resort this time.

Now I'm reading that with Phase 1 perhaps only AP holders and folks staying on property will be allowed in? Granted that is speculated to start June 1??? ......

I'm wondering if August will allow for non Disney Hotel guests? She will be devastated if this gets taken away too. Now I'm hoping I didn't set her up for disaster.

I'd love your thoughts :)
It's a real sucky situation for all Seniors, as for WDW. The answer right now is that there is no answer. Disney has not announced anything other than Disney Springs operations. So please don't get sucked into the rumors and theories because that's a hole yoou don't want any part of.
Tomorrow the economic task force is meeting and Disney MIGHT present their plans or at least give them to the mayor. So hopefully we will have an answer soon.
Now if you do want to follow up on rumors over on the news and rumor board there are 2 threads open on the subject, anywhere from reopening mid June to next year.

Honestly at this point we just don’t know. If they are open then it is almost guaranteed there will be capacity limits. What those limits are and how they decide who gets in are completely unknown at this point.

It's a real sucky situation for all Seniors, as for WDW. The answer right now is that there is no answer. Disney has not announced anything other than Disney Springs operations. So please don't get sucked into the rumors and theories because that's a hole yoou don't want any part of.
Tomorrow the economic task force is meeting and Disney MIGHT present their plans or at least give them to the mayor. So hopefully we will have an answer soon.
Now if you do want to follow up on rumors over on the news and rumor board there are 2 threads open on the subject, anywhere from reopening mid June to next year.

Thank you very much for your input and wise guidance. I definitely needed redirecting. My mind goes between (just wait until Disney makes an announcement) to .... (ohh but let's read what all these analysts and or people say whom all know somebody who knows someone who knows it all). I realize I am letting anxious feelings mix in with logical thinking. I will just wait and see and hope for the best with my daughter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!