Opinions wanted: Newport Bay vs. Sequoia Lodge

That is the exchange rate to change our Canadian $s to US $s.

Ah! Got it. It may be worth checking other countries' sites to see if they have deals that will work better for you than the 4 nights for the cost of 2 deal. That deal worked out really well for me as a solo traveler, but it seems to me from conversations I've had on here that the 25% off + free halfboard that was available through some of the European sites is a bigger discount when traveling in larger groups. I don't know if it's still available (or for your specific dates) but I get the impression it's not an unusual deal to see pop up.

Ah! Got it. It may be worth checking other countries' sites to see if they have deals that will work better for you than the 4 nights for the cost of 2 deal. That deal worked out really well for me as a solo traveler, but it seems to me from conversations I've had on here that the 25% off + free halfboard that was available through some of the European sites is a bigger discount when traveling in larger groups. I don't know if it's still available (or for your specific dates) but I get the impression it's not an unusual deal to see pop up.
Unfortunately, the Canadian dollar is even worse against the Euro (63%) and GBP (86%).
Thanks for everyones help but I am just going to put this trip on the back burner until hopefully the Canadian dollar get stronger.

if you do decide to go, keep in mind that the newport bay compass club has large size family rooms with a lot more space than regular rooms at newport bay or sequoia lodge...
that's what i booked for my son's family for summer 2019 - a compass club family room that holds 6 people comfortably.....
since it was only available in the compass club, i booked all 3 of our rooms on club level.....such a good excuse to have to do that!!

Unfortunately, the Canadian dollar is even worse against the Euro (63%) and GBP (86%).
Thanks for everyones help but I am just going to put this trip on the back burner until hopefully the Canadian dollar get stronger.

the big problem for anyone traveling from the US or Canada is the costly airfare.
we have the same problem when we travel to WDW - crossing the atlantic costs a fortune.

so for us, going to DLP will be a lot cheaper. Hopefully, we'll actually like it. We kind of hated it the first time we visited, but that was 18 years ago.
Here's hoping we like it this time around as the cost savings for us are enormous!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter