Opt out of Mousekeeping

Spring0799

Disney Mom
I heard you can opt out of Mousekeeping and get a gift card. Does this apply to DVC members staying on points?

You will still get the daily room check and empty the trashcans visit. I don’t think DVC members will get a gift though. Maybe ask on the DVC resort board?

I don’t know about a gift card, but we were at OKW last week and had a visit every day from Housekeeping. It was the same on our February trip at BLT.

I heard you can opt out of Mousekeeping and get a gift card. Does this apply to DVC members staying on points?
No, no gift card with DVC resorts. You only get your towels replaced every four days anyway. You get the daily check though under the guise of daily trash pickup.

I don’t know about a gift card, but we were at OKW last week and had a visit every day from Housekeeping. It was the same on our February trip at BLT.

You were visited each day due to Disney's security policy that went into effect after the Vegas shootings.

:earsboy: Bill

I am surprised this program is in effect in the values and moderates due to the new security concerns. I would think someone would still check the room daily.

I am surprised this program is in effect in the values and moderates due to the new security concerns. I would think someone would still check the room daily.
They do. But they don't do anything but walk through, much like a trash check for DVC.

No opting out, and even if you don't want it cleaned you will get a "room check" each day.

Those who opt out in the values and mods still get the room check. They just don't get a cleaning.

I stayed at AoA in April, we were offered the opt-out. We were there 5 nights, so we got a $40 electronic gift card (first night doesn't count). There was no sign of them coming in, no trash was picked up. We threw it in the can by the vending machines.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter