Options for getting food - help a 1st timer out!

Sorry to offend you by criticizing Aulani.

Nobody said anything about being offended by your post. I was just pointing out that there are other options to get breakfast. It sounded like you were saying that the buffet was the ONLY place to get food. AMA AMA had a finite number of people that they could serve anyway. So they really did not make that big of a difference in the crowds. Peak dining times are always crowded no matter where you go.

When we stay at Aulani (or the Marriott or the Beach Villas) we tend to breakfast either in our room or go to Ama Ama or jump in the car and travel up to Kapolei to visit Denny’s or Ruby Tuesday’s. Now that Eggs n Things has opened in Ko Olina we will no doubt try them next visit.

If we eat in our room for breakfast we then order food poolside / beachside whereas if we eat out, we tend to be full and just snack for the afternoon.

Dinners we eat out every night - Roy’s, MonkeyPod, Longboards, Ama Ama and Just Tacos are our usual haunts. I don’t cook on holidays - it’s my holiday!

We do stop at Safeway / Costco / Target to stock up on breakfast cereals, milk, fruit and potato chips etc as well as canned beverages and water.

To piggy back on the OP.....we will be in a studio so no full kitchen but we will try and keep some food items in our room. Will a quart of milk fit in the small refrigerator provided in the studios? We will probably stop at Cosco and pic up some items like a case of water or Propel and also some coffee, mainly as souvenirs to bring home.....

Are boxes of cereal available to purchase in the ABC store or in Aulani's gift shop? Is the "Kona" labeled coffee at Cosco really Kona or a blend? It's ok to bring back coffee and macadamia nuts to the continental US from Hawaii, right? Will a couple of the ready made food items from Cosco fit in the fridge as well?

Thank you all for the assistance! We actually decided that we wanted more time to plan this all out so pushed the trip out a year, but thank you! All good stuff to think about. :goodvibes

We have been to aulani six times and are going again in May. We always get a one bedroom and stay 10 nights. We usually have a car and stop st Safeway for breakfast foods, and lunch meats and breads. I make lunch and bring sandwiches down to the pool. I might make spaghetti one night and chicken another night, We tend to go out to dinner most nights. There are a couple of restaurants in kapolei that we like, then we do ama ama one night, the luau one night, the monkey pod, Longhi at the Marriott (if you go on Tuesday you can watch part of their luau from the terrace while you’re eating dinner) and we go to The four seasons at least once for their happy hour from 3 to 5. We rarely leave aulani because we have been all over Oahu. This year we may forego the car and just use Uber’s to get around as needed,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!