Options for MCO to Saratoga Springs

cph706

Mouseketeer
We will be arriving at MCO at about 10 am on a Friday in May (4 adults). I know that the Magical Express is free (and fun!) but what time do you think we will actually get to the resort? We have only a couple of days at WDW and want to make the most of that first day...
First time at SS, we usually stay at Beach Club Villas, so going over to Epcot is easy on the first day from there...

With DME, you will generally arrive at your resort 90 minutes after exiting the plane. It can be as little as 60 min if you happen to get on a bus as it's about to leave, or (rarely) take 120 min if everything goes really wrong.

Taking a taxi or ride share will take about 45-60 min, (travel time itself is about 35 min), so the time saved isn't really all that much.

Is that 30 mins saved worth the cost?

Steve

Thank you for that perspective! Does the bus going to Saratoga Springs go to many other resorts first???

With DME, you will generally arrive at your resort 90 minutes after exiting the plane. It can be as little as 60 min if you happen to get on a bus as it's about to leave, or (rarely) take 120 min if everything goes really wrong.

Taking a taxi or ride share will take about 45-60 min, (travel time itself is about 35 min), so the time saved isn't really all that much.

Is that 30 mins saved worth the cost?

Steve
As an Uber/Lyft driver in Miami...I agree with Steve. I have never understood paying money instead of a free ride just to get somewhere 30 minutes sooner.

Also, just FYI, with four adults -- even just with carryon luggage -- you will need Uber XL. I checked the Uber app, and got a fare estimate of about $47 for the trip. That's only a few dollars each, but still...

You will like SSR. Much better pools, nice layout, walk to Disney Springs for dinner, entertainment, and shopping. VERY different from BCV. OKW is still my fave, but you'll like SSR.

Thanks! I think we will prob just do ME. There’s a small chance we might need to go to UF right from WDW in which case we might rent a car for the duration. Lots of time to plan, I know but it’s fun to think about while it’s sleeting outside!

I gave up on DME years ago. In our experience, the wait for the bus is long and then the multiple stops along the way only add to the amount of time it takes to get to your resort. It's not cheap, but we hire a private car service (we use Park Ave. Limo). The driver picks us up at baggage claim (we only pack carry-ons, so it's super fast), we take the elevator to the ground floor, get in the car and go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter