Orange Lake Resort

Jonell

DIS Veteran
We just returned fron Orange Lake Resort and I wanted to give a quick review.
We arrived late around 9:30pm to check-in for 4 nights. Check-in went smoothly. I reserved the room through Bookit.com for $84 per night, so everything was already paid in full. We were never asked to put a hold on our credit card like some have reported. We were given a $20 resort cash voucher and told to go to a different desk to activate it. We declined the gift since I assumed that is when they try to talk you into a tour. The whole process took less that 5 mins.

Our 2 br villa was located in the East Village all the way in the back of the resort. It is a huge resort and about 2 miles from the front to the back. There are golf courses, stores, pools, and resturants scattered throughout so location was not a big deal. I would not recommend this resort for someone without a vehicle. There are resort shuttles but I think that would be too much of a hassle.

Our villa was HUGE!! We are DVC members but we were out of points, so that is why we chose to stay at Orange Lake. The villa was well equipped with even more kitchen accessories than what you will find at a DVC villa. It was very clean and decorated nicely. We were in a 6 story building that I believe was one of the newer buildings on property. There were also numerous cottages throughout the resort but I think those are reserved for members. Our favorite thing about the villa was a huge screened-in patio with a golf course view, EE view, and EPCOT fireworks. We never saw housekeeping while there but I believe they clean every 4 days. We had more than enough towels, and paper goods for the 4 days. We also had a washer dryer with 4 single load boxes of detergent!

Overall, I highly recommend the resort. It's about 4 miles from WDW with plently of places to eat nearby. An urgent care, walgreens, and publix right at the entrance. We will definently be staying there again soon! Any questions please feel free to ask

Family of five going in February 2015. Staying offsite, deciding between Orange Lake and FantasyLake Resort?? Any suggestions??

Good to hear! We stayed at OL 8 or 9 years ago & I know I rated it high on tripadvisor. Someone on this board talked about the bookit rate & it is $85 for our nights. Still debating on staying there before our Disney Cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!