Ordering counter service with the app

LoveSplashMountain

Mouseketeer
Just wondering what others’ experiences have been ordering counter service ahead of time with the app. Seems like it would be a real time saver, but you never know.

Huge timesaver for us.

In a lower season, where there are little to no lines at CS spots, it probably doesn't matter but on busy days, it's been great.

Used mobile ordering twice during Labor Day weekend both times at Cosmic Ray's.
We found a table and placed our order and our food was ready for pick up just a couple minute later.
Absolutely loved it and my friend and I plan on using it as much as possible during our February trip.

Thanks everyone. So you place the order then they let you know when it’s ready? That would be a amazing! Much better than waiting in line to order then to get your food.

Thanks everyone. So you place the order then they let you know when it’s ready? That would be a amazing! Much better than waiting in line to order then to get your food.

It was great. Used it at Columbia Harbor House and bypassed a huge line. Best use was this, however - I got in line for a Dole Whip float at Aloha Isle with maybe 40 people in front of me. I pulled up the app, ordered in about 45 seconds, got out of line, walked over to the "mobile order pick up" area and walked right up to the counter where a CM asked me what I'd ordered. I told him and he made it and handed it to me. So from the time I decided to order on the app until the time I had my float in my hand it was maybe 1.5 minutes. Had I stayed in that line it might have been 15.

Used it twice last week and bypassed very long lines at CHH and Satu'li canteen. I placed my orders while in line at rides, then once we were at the restaurants I had them prepare the order, and then picked up our food at the counter once the app said it was ready. It was a huge time saver for us.

We ordered from Cosmic Ray's as we walked over from Space Mountain, clicked "I'm here" when we walked into the restaurant and went to the mobile ordering line (there was no one in front of us). We had our food within a few seconds. It was fantastic!

Looking forward to trying mobile ordering in Feb since we aren't on the dining plan anyway. Can we order from the kids menus if we want? (Kids are 12 and 13 so Dis would make them order adult meals if we were on dining plan)

Where/when I s the mobile ordering opt avail. When I try to pull it thru my Disney exp I get a message stating that the mobile ordering is not avail at this time. Got the same thing for several CS resturants in MK. Is there somewhere else I need to access this from. Sounds like it would be very helpful

Loving these reviews, we weren't going to bother with mobile ordering but it looks like it's a no brainer. Can't wait to get a dole whip with minimal wait :p

We ordered from Cosmic Ray's as we walked over from Space Mountain, clicked "I'm here" when we walked into the restaurant and went to the mobile ordering line (there was no one in front of us). We had our food within a few seconds. It was fantastic!

I was just going to ask how you let them know when you are ready for your food.

We were at the park on NYE and it was a huge time saver to use mobile ordering at Sunshine Seasons. We were able to order while waiting for Turtle Talk with Crush! Then we walked over to Sunshine and looked for a table first. Then I clicked I'm here and went to the Mobile order counter where my order was waiting for me!! We also used it at Columbia Harbour House where the line up to order and pay was way out the door. We got some serious stares when we walked by everyone and headed inside to find a table! Once we sat down, I scrolled through the menu and placed everyone's order and submitted it and said I m here too! Within minutes I got a notification my order was ready to pick up. I love this option and highly recommend it. You can order kids meals too even if you don't have kids! We did that and we were four adults....I ordered a kids meal for myself as I didn't want to eat too much and the kids option actually appealed to me at Sunshine!!

Huge time saver! I used it this summer at Satuli Canteen when they first rolled it out. I placed my order and walked inside to find a seat. I asked a CM if I could find a table before my mobile order was ready and she told me "Absolutely", and as she moved the rope out of the way, I got my notification!
We used it again this October and it wasn't as quick as before, but it was still a LOT quicker than the regular lines. We used it again at Satuli Canteen and also at Flame Tree. Both times took a bit longer, but still quick.

So does it charge our credit card that's connected to our magic band or do I need to put in a credit card each time?

wish you could use this with DDP.. yes a few more folks would use it but only the tech type people would really wanna use it.

Used it last month with Cosmic Ray's and it had some festive-themed items that weren't on the regular menu available to order! It was awesome and we skipped an enormous line.

I'm really looking forward to using this feature. I like doing 2 things at once (in this case standing in a ride line and ordering lunch). But, some serious things to consider...can't use Disney gift cards to pay (I have a lot of these and is the biggest issue), can't use TiW discount (still considering if I want to get one this year since can't use with mobile app ((1 location I think)) and most of my dining choices will already have an AP discount), can't get the Visa discount (I'm a card carrying member--but there aren't many locations).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!