Oregon Coast

disneychrista

DIS Veteran
I am in the beginning stages of planning a short road trip up/down the Oregon Coast (Brookings to Tillamook). What are must see/stops. I will have three (maybe four) days in Mid-May.

The aquarium in Newport. A Mo's Restaurant (there are several, but the one in Newport is the original. The cheese factory in Tillamook. Oregon Dunes NRA.

I'd also recommend going up to the Lewis and Clark NHP but that's north of Tillamook.

If you’re going to go to Tillamook, you may as well drive up the entire coast and go to Astoria. There’s a fantastic maritime museum there as well as the delicious Buoy Beer. From the restaurant you can watch ships come in and try to cross the Columbia bar. The Columbia bar is the point where the Columbia River meets the ocean. Buoy Beer also has a glass floor in the lobby where you can view sea lions playing under the restaurant. The restaurant is situated on top of dock pilings.

There’s a trolly that can be ridden up and down the river/ocean front that is really fun (and cheap!)

Seaside Promanade can be fun. There are numerous shops and restaurants situated right next to the beach.

Cannon Beach is great, there’s a Mo’s there too. At this beach, you can see the iconic Haystack Rock.

In Newport, aside from the Oregon Coast Aquarium, there is the Hatfield Marine Science Center that is free. Nearby, down in Old Town, you can watch sea lions play.

Outside of Yachats, there is Cape Perpetua which has some of the best tide pools.

There is much to do at the Oregon Coast. As a native Oregonian, I think I’ve been to the entire coastline.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!