Orland Airport Delays?

fantomhamst3r

Earning My Ears
Hi guys,

I'll be flying into Orlando on August 24th and out on the 31st. Earlier this year, a flight of mine passing through Dallas was cancelled due to extreme thunderstorms and messed with my plans so now I'm just a little paranoid about my trip into Orlando, considering its reputation for daily thunderstorms. I was wondering what everyone's experience has been with Orlando airport as far as delays and cancellations? Delays would be fine but I hope that the popup thunderstorms don't cause too many cancellations. Thanks in advance!

Cancelled is highly unusual. That plane is expected to pick up passengers at your destination airport and fly them somewhere else. What airline? If a low cost carrier for the upcoming flights, okay, yeah, it might be a possibility. But rare. It requires a LOT of shuffling.

Agree with @kaytieeldr above that it would b highly unusual for a major airline to cancel a flight because of weather in Orlando.

On American from Dallas to Orlando the 4th of August. All 4 flights that left after 5pm were delayed, the longest delay was 2 hours.

I live near Orlando. We’ve had evening thunder showers everyday for weeks. If you are worried about weather delays in Orlando earlier flights are a much better bet.

Agree with early flights. I booked a flight arriving at MCO at 9am and departing MCO at 7am to avoid the afternoon storms. I booked early in the day knowing that Southwest has the same plane fly back and forth between PIT and MCO during our trip.

We always fly back home on the latest flights we can. Talking departure after 7:00 PM. Has always worked well, as it’s after the storms for the most part. Coming we opt for early if our work schedule allows. Landing before 9:00 am. If we have to leave after work for some reason we do flights that land late, after 10 so after storms too. Knock on wood, in all our flights we’ve only had 1 delay due to weather, and it was in Atlanta. Didn’t impact our connection though since we had plenty of time

We always fly back home on the latest flights we can. Talking departure after 7:00 PM. Has always worked well, as it’s after the storms for the most part. Coming we opt for early if our work schedule allows. Landing before 9:00 am. If we have to leave after work for some reason we do flights that land late, after 10 so after storms too. Knock on wood, in all our flights we’ve only had 1 delay due to weather, and it was in Atlanta. Didn’t impact our connection though since we had plenty of time
This makes sense and is what I have thought too. Make your departing home flight late into the evening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter