Orlando LGBT Nightlife

Shaun C.

Earning My Ears
So while I'm perfectly fine immersing myself in WDW's special brand of magic, I'm pretty likely to also want to take a night and go see the LGBT nightlife in Orlando proper. Are there any particular recommendations on places to go/things to do in the area?

And in theory, what's the general rate for an Uber or taxi from WDW to the nightlife in Orlando?

Unfortunately, there isn’t much gay nightlife in the Disney area. if I’m not mistaken, there is a gay bar at Old Town off of 192 in Kissimmee. I think it may be gone though. Other than that, everything else is closer to Downtown Orlando and, a good 30-45 minute drive from the Disney area. There is Southern Nights. It’s a standard bar. Barcodes and Hanks for the more “alternative” crowd. Savoy, never been but from my understanding is more lesbians than gay men. Parliament House is the main gay bar I would say. It’s dingy, old, and trashy but, its considered a go to for all gays in Orlando. It has a bear section, main bar, drag theater and, is also a hotel as well. Wherever you go though, you will be going quite a bit aways from the Disney area though,

I've always found plenty of LGBT contacts in and around the parks. The "social apps" have led to some great nights at Trader Sam's, the Geyser Point Bar & Grille, and an occasional great dinner group.

I've always found plenty of LGBT contacts in and around the parks. The "social apps" have led to some great nights at Trader Sam's, the Geyser Point Bar & Grille, and an occasional great dinner group.

I would agree with this statement. While there is not much around Disney, there’s always people to hang out with on apps.

I never want the hassle of keeping a car on property (esp since you have to pay for parking now). So I've always use Lyft when I need to get somewhere quickly, or to go off property. Took a trip to Parliament during the recent Gay Days, just went into the Lyft app to check, and my fare home (Parliament to Wilderness Lodge) was $28. Since that's about the trip length you'd need to take to reach most Orlando area gay bars/clubs, I would plan on spending roughly that amount each way. I want to say it was about a 35 min ride?

I enjoy Parliament House because they have a bit of everything (though I've only been during Gay Days, so its safe to assume its less crazy during any other time of the year). There is a main house towards the front with plenty of dancing, there's usually a drag queen host in the theater for at least part of the night, there's plenty of space to roam outdoors, and they frequently host theme nights on the weekends or concerts/shows on the mainstage overlooking the pool (for instance, Miss Vanjie will be performing wed aug 16 according to their calendar).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!