Orlando Sentinel: Disneyland draws more locals than Disney World

To the editors at the Orlando Sentinel: No Duh!

Whenever I hear about the locals comparison for WDW to DL, it really makes my blood boil. I'm pretty damn sure there are a LOT of people within a driving distance to the resort, but this is an argument I can't win. The Southern California region has a lot more people than Central Florida. For nearly its entire existance, Disneyland has been one park (up til DCA in 2001). It's a no brainer that WDW serves tourist more. They have four freakin parks for crying out loud.

So does anyone know what is the population of locals who go to WDW? I see stats in the ballpark 30-45% around the net. Just another rant from the oppressed minority of the WDW vistor base.

Locals 4 WDW 4EVER!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I do not understand this article. Clearly the demographics of the two parks are very different. DL is designed to cater to and services a large number of local residents while WDW is designed more for the tourist or out of town visitors. Look at the number of hotel rooms at each location. It is true that the drop in tourist travel has hurt WDW much more that it has hurt DL, but that is also due to the demographics.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter