Orlando Sentinel reporter looking for sources

tbarker

Earning My Ears
Hello folks,
It has been a long while since i posted here looking for sources, but I'm working on a story during the next few days about the growth of time shares in Orlando.
I'm looking to interview a couple people who have recently (in the past year or two) made the move from hotels to time shares when visiting Orlando.
If you fit in that category and would be interested in taking part in my story, please contact me by private message or at (407) 420-5022.
(I'd leave an email address, but the system will not allow me type out a URL)

Regards,
Tim Barker
Senior Reporter
Orlando Sentinel

you may want to post at the DVC board since those are the timeshare owners.

I copied and moved your thread over to the Timeshare thead (DVC). I hope you find DIS'ers to talk too. (I'm sure you will). I left your question over on the Thread Report forum too.

OhMari
Trip reports moderator.

Welcome back to the DIS.

The only thing we can say is DVC ROX! :thumbsup2 well, maybe a little bit more...

WE had waited from 2000 to 2005 (we had a relocation between states in 2003). We saved for a while to go in 2005 and only liked staying a the FW cabins. In our opinion, when vacationing for extended time with kids, you need the extra space and we love the kitchen access. We would have never thought of purchasing a "timeshare" as you stated. BUT,.... we kept seeing the "BEST KEPT SECRET" signs and advertisment. Always looking for interesting ways to get the most out of what we enjoy, we were very curious. Our family loves Disney. So we signed up for the tour on our last day there last year. We were hooked!!!! The week of the dreaded timeshare thinking was gone in our way of thinking. POINTS is the way to go! How cool! You can go when you want, accomodations of your choice, and having this to leave to your children and grandchildren, what could be better!?! Anywhoo, we signed up last July and in March we added on another contract. In October, we will be taking both sets of our parents, sisters and nieces and nephews for a big family trip to Disney. This would never have been possible before. We're very thankful that we have had a chance to be a part of the "BEST KEPT SECRET" but we don't keep our mouths shut about it very often. To us, the purchase was no different than a car payment of sorts. Our Main goal is to see how many generations of our family get to enjoy Disney enjoying great accomodations, with this particular purchase we made. Bang for the buck.
To be able to pay for a stay up to forty eight years from now, at today's prices is a win win situation. As far as the kids monumental moments, Graduation trips, covered. Honeymoons, covered. First trips with the grandchildren, covered. Anniversary trips, covered.
Not a purchase of the head, but a purchase of the heart! (Many on here will tell you this).

You will find no lack of persons willing to share their wonderful expereinces on this board. Good luck with your article. I know alot of folks concider DVC a timeshare. We don't, it is really like our second HOME! :thumbsup2

~DW ::MinnieMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter