OT - DisneyLAND ride

Lainy67

Mouseketeer
There was apparently a ride YEARS ago at Disneyland that my mother is always talking about. This must have been 30 years ago minimum. In this ride, you go in, and they told you you were being shrunk. And then they take you through the ride and you are supposedly teensy. I ask because my mom goes ON and ON about this saying that I was petrified as a little tykelette. I don't remember it, other than she has talked about it so much, but I can't find any information on it using my vague descriptions.

Apparently I was freaking the entire ride. In retrospect she thinks it is hysterical. I actually do to, but I would like to see more about this ride.

Can anyone help?

I think if I move this over to our Disneyland forum you might find the information you seek, so that's what I'm going to do :)

I think you are referring to Adventure(or Voyage) Thru Innerspace. That's all I know about it, hopefully someone else can give you more details!
-MrsAPalm

I loved this ride ! while you waited in the queue, you could watch all of the people on the ride get "shrunK', one great effect was when the giant eyeball peered at you through the microscope.....and you knew that you too had been shrunk to the size of a molocule.

I think "yesterland" has a good web page on it, and some kind poster will put in the link !:D

This was the Adventure Through Innerspace and was located where Star Tours is now. It was a free ride the first few years and used the omnimover system like the Haunted Mansion. You went in to complete darkness and the narration began about being shrunk down to go into the molecules of a snofwlake. You wound around through giant snowflakes and then grew smaller and ice crystals were around you and grew smaller until you could see the molecules and then the nucleus. Then you looked back up the microscope and could see the eyeball looking down at you. Then the ice starts to melt and the ride ends.
I loved this ride and have great memories of it except toward the end when it was getting worn looking. The sets were built really close to where the vehicals passed and people started breaking of parts of the gisnt snowflakes and in one section where a mirror effect was used they start spitting on it and throw food and such at it. Sigh!

OMG, how I miss that ride. I remember it was sponsored by Monsanto. Everytime I round the corner of Tomorrowland I expect to see it. Star Tours is fun, but I miss that big eyeball. Ah, the good ole days.;)

KarenT

THANK YOU everyone. According to my mom I started screaming thinking that they had really shrunk me. She said I kept saying over and over again that I didn't want to be small.:rolleyes:

How funny... and I was the one in my family that would ride ALL the rides and stuff at amusement parks. I used to take my brother on the spinning rides to get him sick. I would tell him that it couldn't be that bad... get him on the ride, and then watch him stumble off to the bushes afterwards. (he he he he). So to find out that I am screaming from a Disney ride makes me laugh!!! And apparently a pretty cool one too.

Hmmmm. at Grad Nite this was called the "Great Monsanto Make-Out Ride" :D :D :D :D

And it was still there as recently as 1981 at the very least ... it hasn't been gone for 30 years. I don't remember when Star Tours when it, but it's what replaced Adventure Thur Innerspace.

I was there about 27 - 28 years ago, hence the tone of the question. According to the website I was forwarded to, it closed in 85 or 86..

I bet it wasn't a great makeout ride when I was on it, screaming at the top of my lungs!!!:D

I used to love this ride as a kid. Even though I remember being scared about being shrunk.

I remember going on it as a kid. I loved that ride!

I remember the ride from when I was in high school. A friend and myself took a Summer trip to LA and spent two days at DL. That was when the hours were much longer (I think 9:00 am to Midnight) and we were beat by the end of the second day :) I don't recall it being free the last time I saw it. I think it was a "C" ticket if I remember correctly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter