OT: Experiences using online groceries in Canada?

Gigi22

DIS Veteran
I need to find an online grocery service that delivers fresh fruit and veg, meat, dairy and dry goods during the winter/bad weather.
Are the fresh items good quality?
Is the service worth it? Finally, how much do you tip? (I understand 5% of the total bill is recommended).

I’m the past I’ve used Grocery Gateway. It’s ok. It’s all from Longo’s, so the produce is fresh but I found it expensive. But at the time I had just had surgery and couldn’t drive so it worked.

I've been using IGA online service (QC) for a few years now, especially when DH is away on a business trip and I don't have 1h to spend at the grocery store. I usually pick up my order to save a few dollars instead of having it delivered so I cannot comment on the delivery aspect but I really liked the choices they made for fruits and veggies. I like that their online form allows to to tell them specifics like ''I prefer more green bananas''.

Hi Gigi22
My school's Child and Family Learning centre uses
Grocery Gateway
Longos
The fruit and produce always seem to be good.
https://www.grocerygateway.com/store/groceryGateway/en/
I checked with the teacher of the program and maybe because they are a school (corporate account) they do not tip.
They have a Thank-You rewards program. X number of points =$ in groceries.
https://www.grocerygateway.com/store/groceryGateway/en/longos-tyr
The delivery people are always polite and courteous.
Regards
Mel

Last edited:

Our Thrifty Foods (Sobey's)service is great according to my sister. She used them weekly when she was on mat leave with her second. She had 2 under 2 for a while. She just set her delivery during nap time and the food was always of high quality. I thing it cost like $5-$7 for delivery.

While I haven't used it, I've been at our Fortino's as they ready a 'pick-up' order. They get a manager to choose the foods and, while most veggies in Fortino's are nice anyway, I've seen him carefully selecting what to put into the cart. I guess they wouldn't have repeat business if they only gave you the stuff no one else wanted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter