OT - on your marks, get set..... CHAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good evening :wave2: yes, the weather has been absolutely beautiful. My friend came round for coffee this morning and we were able to sit out in the garden. :goodvibes

Bet you're looking forward to the weekend, Nikki. :) Has anyone got any plans?

Yay I have finished work until next Wednesday:yay:. I'm meeting up with a friend tonight to go to the cinema. Have physio to do at the football tomorrow but that shouldn't be too bad & a little extra cash:thumbsup2

Plan to go shopping with a friend on Monday:thumbsup2

Nice :thumbsup2 what film are you planning to see?

We've not got much planned this weekend - DH is working overtime and we're going up to collect eldest DD as she's finished now for her Easter hols.

Have a nice weekend everyone. :goodvibes

Nice :thumbsup2 what film are you planning to see?

We've not got much planned this weekend - DH is working overtime and we're going up to collect eldest DD as she's finished now for her Easter hols.

Have a nice weekend everyone. :goodvibes

Going to see Limitless (trying to make the most of my cinema pass whilst I can)

Thats good that your eldest will be back for a while:thumbsup2

Can you believe she's two-thirds of the way through her first year, Elaine? :scared1:

It one of my favourite weekends of the year. All 4 sisters and Mum congregate in my hometown for the weekend.
Friday night - girls' nibbles, wine and planning session,
Saturday morning - shopping and lunch up town
Saturday afternoon - theatre (Jersey Boys this year)
Saturday night - meet up with husbands and children for an evening of Chinese food and more wine and chatting
Sunday lunchtime - meal in our favourite Italian restaurant before goodbyes and off to our various homes

Love it. :goodvibes Just hope our trip up town isn't interrupted by the expected hundred thousand on the protest march.

Can you believe she's two-thirds of the way through her first year, Elaine? :scared1:

It one of my favourite weekends of the year. All 4 sisters and Mum congregate in my hometown for the weekend.
Saturday night - meet up with husbands and children for an evening of Chinese food and more wine and chatting
Sunday lunchtime - meal in our favourite Italian restaurant before goodbyes and off to our various homes

Love it. :goodvibes Just hope our trip up town isn't interrupted by the expected hundred thousand on the protest march.

Hope you have a fab weekend. I've seen Jersey Boys, I personally prefer the music to the show as I found it a little slow in places but it was still good:)

Don't forget its the boat race too tomorrow:goodvibes

Going to see Limitless
That looks good :thumbsup2

Time is going by too quickly, it is very frightening - after next month I will only have one left at school :eek:

Sound a fabulous weekend. :goodvibes I'd love to see the Jersey Boys - can I put myself up for adoption? :rotfl2:

can I put myself up for adoption? :rotfl2:

:rotfl: Come and join us! Mum says when you have 4 daughters, what difference would one more make? Note please, that I was driving tonight so I did not indulge in the wine, just had many cups of tea instead.

Ahh bless you all! :hug: Hope you had a wonderful time :goodvibes and your day out wasn't spoiled by that small minority.

We had a worrying moment today - after collecting DD from uni for the Easter holidays, the car decided to suddenly die in the fast lane :eek: luckily for us we were on a downhill incline so we managed to make it over to the hard shoulder before it came to a stop. Now we'll have to wait until Monday to find out the damage.

We had a worrying moment today - after collecting DD from uni for the Easter holidays, the car decided to suddenly die in the fast lane :eek: luckily for us we were on a downhill incline so we managed to make it over to the hard shoulder before it came to a stop. Now we'll have to wait until Monday to find out the damage.

Scary!:scared1: I'm glad you all got home safely and hope it isn't anything too expensive to sort out.

We really did have a good time yesterday - and still have a nice meal to look forward to today. :goodvibes
At one point I was in another shop while sisters 1 and 3 were in Next with Mum. There were 2 loud CRACKS which sounded like shotguns so everybody started to go towards the exit, all except for sister 1 who continued to calmly pay for all her stuff. She said afterwards that it had taken her ages to trawl through all the sale racks so she wasn't going to leave without them! It turned out the cracking sound had been the window being smashed by the breakaway group of marchers.

Scary :eek: right back at you. Hope you have a lovely meal.

I'm not going to spend time today worrying about how much the car's going to cost or whether it's even worth repairing :scared1: that can wait until tomorrow. Today it's :banana: :banana: two months :banana: :banana: until we go so I am going to spend it looking forward to seeing the Wizard of Oz and Monsieur Mickey. :dance3:

Ahh bless you all! :hug: Hope you had a wonderful time :goodvibes and your day out wasn't spoiled by that small minority.

That must of been a frightening experience for you, glad you made it home in one piece:thumbsup2

What car do you drive? I would search on the internet to see if its a common problem for the car. I know its common on Ford Focus & possibly the Mondeo as they have been having problems at work with them.

Scary!:scared1: I'm glad you all got home safely and hope it isn't anything too expensive to sort out.

We really did have a good time yesterday - and still have a nice meal to look forward to today. :goodvibes
At one point I was in another shop while sisters 1 and 3 were in Next with Mum. There were 2 loud CRACKS which sounded like shotguns so everybody started to go towards the exit, all except for sister 1 who continued to calmly pay for all her stuff. She said afterwards that it had taken her ages to trawl through all the sale racks so she wasn't going to leave without them! It turned out the cracking sound had been the window being smashed by the breakaway group of marchers.

Glad you had a lovely weekend apart from being caught up in the protest

What car do you drive? I would search on the internet to see if its a common problem for the car. I know its common on Ford Focus & possibly the Mondeo as they have been having problems at work with them.
It's a Megane but one of the older type. This is the second one we've had (some idiot drove into our first one and wrote it off) and up to now we've been so lucky with them - they are such reliable cars as a rule. DH thinks it's the cam belt even though it wasn't due to be replaced yet. It was too dark to see what was wrong yesterday so we just got towed home and DH is working overtime today so won't get a chance to look until tomorrow. Luckily he's already got the day off as our youngest DD is having a tooth extraction. I don't know much about cars but enough to know that if it is the cam belt then it'll have no doubt damaged the engine. I'm going to hope and pray it's something else - and something very inexpensive! ;)

It's a Megane but one of the older type. This is the second one we've had (some idiot drove into our first one and wrote it off) and up to now we've been so lucky with them - they are such reliable cars as a rule. DH thinks it's the cam belt even though it wasn't due to be replaced yet. It was too dark to see what was wrong yesterday so we just got towed home and DH is working overtime today so won't get a chance to look until tomorrow. Luckily he's already got the day off as our youngest DD is having a tooth extraction. I don't know much about cars but enough to know that if it is the cam belt then it'll have no doubt damaged the engine. I'm going to hope and pray it's something else - and something very inexpensive! ;)

I drive a Megane, its my 2nd one i've had & my dad owned one years ago. We too have had no problem with them. My dad had my old Megane coupe & the cam belt went on it. It did some damaged but there was a company that came out to repair the problem.

Hope its a simple & cheap thing to sort the car out:thumbsup2

Hope you've had good news about the car, Elaine.

My daughter just asked me why the apples we have are so big - I was trying to explain that they came with our online shopping, so I hadn't chosen them - but what I actually said was "the Cast Member picked them" - do I need to cut back on the Disney or what? :rotfl:

I really really can't imagine you cutting back on Disney! :rotfl2:

Well, we were unlucky with the car and it was the cam belt so we decided to scrap it. Shame as it had been a good little car but sometimes it's just better to cut your losses. Luckily we found exactly what we wanted (thank goodness for the internet, how did we ever manage without it) so we'll soon have wheels again.

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend. :goodvibes Anyone doing anything special for Mother's Day - or hoping for any nice surprises for themselves? ;)

Fantastic photos Jenny :goodvibes I used to love going there, we used to go every summer when my DDs were younger. Is the dinosaur walk still there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter