Other Ideas....

bohannonb

Earning My Ears
It appears that there is a lack of interest in completing big SWAPS this year... what about something smaller like:

- Elements (Titles, picture frames, etc.)
- Journal Card/Project Life SWAP of 3-4 cards

Just some ideas... I would like to do a SWAP this year I just don't have the time to do whole pages... and I think the two above would allow people more flexibility in completing projects..

We've done lots of those in the past.

Seems most people are just really busy with life.

I used to do loads of swaps but just have too much. Actually just cleaned out all of my scrap stuff, took everything out I don't have photos for.

I still have lots to use up.

I know a lot of us have switched over to project life and pocket pages, so not all of our old swap pieces fit now.
:)

As I'm working through my stuff, there are 2 things that I'm finding I wish I had stash for, and I don't.

1. Previously mentioned, 3 x 4 PL style cards. I don't do PL, but I do like the journal cards for quick journaling, or a compact title, or a cute embellishment to fit a hole on a page.

2. A 12 x 12 page, with a large pocket for holding things like maps, flyers, and any of the other paper ephemera I pick up on a vacation. I've been making a few of these for my books, and putting a little border sticker on the top, and embellishing the pocket part, and I thought they might be cute to do for a swap. One for each park, resorts, Flower & Garden or Food & Wine stuff.

But even as I say this, I'm still not prepared to commit to any swaps. I'm in a scrapping groove, and I don't want to lose the mojo to make swap stuff. But I am throwing it out there, in anticipation of maybe 2015.

What about single page character swap? I am also up for elements swap. PL intrigues me, but I haven't done any yet.

What about single page character swap? I am also up for elements swap. PL intrigues me, but I haven't done any yet.

I was going to hostess one of these earlier this year but everyone was so busy it didn't happen. I think you couple that with the fact that maybe the quality on some of the recent swaps wasn't what everyone is used to and things have just fallen apart. The time and money commitment for these swaps is just too high to have stuff you can't/don't want to use. I would love to do a character swap since that is what I need to complete my books for my upcoming trip, but only if the pages were quality work like we used to see.

I can float the idea again and see what happens. It would have to be limited in the # of swappers (probably 6 or less) and we would have to figure out characters, because this could be overwhelming if we get too many at once.

I was going to hostess one of these earlier this year but everyone was so busy it didn't happen. I think you couple that with the fact that maybe the quality on some of the recent swaps wasn't what everyone is used to and things have just fallen apart. The time and money commitment for these swaps is just too high to have stuff you can't/don't want to use. I would love to do a character swap since that is what I need to complete my books for my upcoming trip, but only if the pages were quality work like we used to see.

I can float the idea again and see what happens. It would have to be limited in the # of swappers (probably 6 or less) and we would have to figure out characters, because this could be overwhelming if we get too many at once.

We so need to finish that series but where is the inspiration and time :confused3 with that said, let me know if you happen to do it. I'll join depending on time frame and how many pages needing to be done. I think a 1 page per character could work. We normally have just a couple of pictures per character and it would fit well in a book plus if we do double pages, the album will be way too big IMO

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!