Other officers in George Floyd case arrested; charge upgraded on Chauvin

I know someone who does not watch any news or read newspapers. He feels that it is all negative, sad, depressing and has no need for it. Phone app for the weather, but only gets news when others bring up current issues. If its negative, he walks away.

I don't know the truth or slant of anything, but one article I saw had a quote from the cashier. He said the bill was clearly fake and the ink was still running. I don't know if it was, and it seems unlikely, but if it was clearly a fresh fake, not one that was inadvertantly passed because you got it in change and didn't notice, then I could see why the police might be called.

That said, I have to wonder if the cashier wasn't seeing things through a racist lens, too. It certainly can't be discounted.

I don't know the truth or slant of anything, but one article I saw had a quote from the cashier. He said the bill was clearly fake and the ink was still running. I don't know if it was, and it seems unlikely, but if it was clearly a fresh fake, not one that was inadvertantly passed because you got it in change and didn't notice, then I could see why the police might be called.

That said, I have to wonder if the cashier wasn't seeing things through a racist lens, too. It certainly can't be discounted.
I watched an interview with the store owner who said they will no longer call the police for anything that isn’t violent.

Don’t want to stray too off-topic, but this unfortunate event just goes to show how important it is to always record video.

Here’s another recent example of how video helps:
https://www.foxnews.com/us/da-investigating-buffalo-cops-shove-old-man
What’s unbelievable in this case is: PD maintained a position of the victim tripping and causing the accident on his own. Without the video, this poor old man would’ve had to deal with all the recovery on his own.

Don’t want to stray too off-topic, but this unfortunate event just goes to show how important it is to always record video.

Here’s another recent example of how video helps:
https://www.foxnews.com/us/da-investigating-buffalo-cops-shove-old-man
What’s unbelievable in this case is: PD maintained a position of the victim tripping and causing the accident on his own. Without the video, this poor old man would’ve had to deal with all the recovery on his own.

As always there seems to be more to the story. Other protesters have come out and explained that the '75 year old elderly man' was looking for a fight, he's like a 'professional protest instigator'

I'm not condoning aggressive force being used by police, but let's wait for all the facts before we start judgement.

As always there seems to be more to the story. Other protesters have come out and explained that the '75 year old elderly man' was looking for a fight, he's like a 'professional protest instigator'

I'm not condoning aggressive force being used by police, but let's wait for all the facts before we start judgement.
Then they restrain/arrest him. Not push him. I doesn’t really matter if he’s a “professional protest instigator”.

Then they restrain/arrest him. Not push him. I doesn’t really matter if he’s a “professional protest instigator”.
I agree they should’ve arrested him. I’m not willing to judge or condemn others until all the facts are released. I wasn’t there and I don’t know what happened prior to the 20 second video that’s been shown.

75 year old man looking for a fight? Really?
He was clearly overmatched. ere’s another video showing a few seconds prior to the incident. The old man was not doing anything that would warrant physicality.

The facts? The incident was reported as the old man losing his footing and tripping himself.

Is there proof that he's a professional protest instigator & was there to cause problems?

Last edited:
Geez, all I’m saying is maybe we should wait for the facts. I’m just not willing to condemn someone within 24 hours. There are always 3 sides to a story.

Unfortunately there will be riots (when) if they ARE convicted. Our team won let’s “celebrate” by trashing the city. Our team lost let’s show them by trashing the city.
Unfortunately this is very true....especially if you are a Philadelphia Eagles fan.

Geez, all I’m saying is maybe we should wait for the facts. I’m just not willing to condemn someone within 24 hours. There are always 3 sides to a story.
What facts do you need? What would make you condemn them? The video clearly speaks for itself. They would have been well within their right to detain him, but not push him. They did the latter.

And has been mentioned multiple times on this thread, lied about what happened. Why lie? If they felt they were in imminent danger, they should have said that.

@DisneyJamieCA I see you quoted my original post, I edited it because I didn't want you to feel I was judging you :-)

I’m not upset you edited it. Usually it shows a little “last edited” at the bottom and yours doesn’t. I was genuinely curious if you had done something to avoid that showing up. Maybe it’s just the speed in which you edited it? I sometimes will have to edit for a forgotten word or misspelling and it would be nice to do without that showing up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter