Other Parks (Universal/Sea World/Kennedy/LEGOLAND)COMPLETE

Mom-to-2-Princesses

Lovin' It!
The Other Parks (Space Center, Sea World, Universal, and LEGO LAND) will have sign-ups open on Thursday July 26, at 10:30 pm. They will stay open til Sunday evening, July 29th.

Newbies are welcome. If you haven't swapped with us on this board before, then I will limit you to 2 groups.

If groups fill up and there is enough interest I will open more groups.

Check-ins
Confirm your groups and send me your contact info by – August 3
Check in #1 by – August 15
Check in #2 by – September 1 ** Last Call for Angels**
Mail by –October 3 (NEW DATE!)
Due by – October 10 (NEW DATE!)

After sign-ups, please pm me your name, DIS name, mailing address, email address and phone number. (I will only use these in an emergency).

I will pm you with a reminder if you forget to check in. After 48 hours with no response I will request angels for your spots. If you are going on vacation or will be out of town, please check in early. Please do not sign up for more than you can handle. If you need an angel, please ask for one as soon as possible.

If you finish early, feel free to mail to me as soon as you are done. I have room to store the boxes.

SWAP REQUIREMENTS
Each park will have a 2” Letter Words Group (A, B, E, F, J, K, L) and Standard Elements Group (C, D, G, H, I, M, N, O, P). The groups are listed in the next post.

2” Letter Words (A, B, E, F, J, K, L)
* Make your letter(s) 2 inches, matted, and embellished at least once. Your top letter is cut at 2 inches and the mat can be the shadow. You may use patterned and solid colored paper. Please be creative and use colors that represent the word.

Standard Element Groups (C, D, G, H, I, M, N, O, P) will be to make 2 elements from the list below.

Element list:
Title = standard 8x2 topper (other sizes are okay), welded and shadowed letters, letters on squares, circles,mini tags or other shapes, a large title tag, title on a box, borders, photo mat, altered CD.
1 paper piecing (not a single layer diecut)
2 photomats for a 4x6 photo, 2 layers, smallest layer 4 ¼ x 6 ¼, embellished
2 journal boxes, total of 3 layers, minimum writing space 3x3, embellished
2 tags (or 1 large tag—greater than 2x3), 2 layers, something in the hole and embellished
1 file folder or matchbook (2 if mini) - -embellished
2 slide mounts -- embellished
Altered CD
3 altered paper clips
1 shaker box
1 library pocket and tag. Tag must be 2 layers with something in the hole, pocket must be embellished
1 license plate
3 shapes(squares, circles, stars, flowers etc) 2 layers, embellished
1 ATC
4 inchies
Signage/Bookmark: 1PP 2x6, double matted and embellished
Song/Lyric/Poem: 1PP, 3 layers in total and embellished. Min size 3x4, shapes are welcome
Altered letter: matted at least 4 inches
1 Border - 12x2 inches and able to be cut down to 11 inches in length - 2 layers and embellished.

You can mix and match -- 1 tag and box, 1 photomat and box, 1 tag and 2 squares or shapes, etc.

******Please let me know if you have an idea not listed! We are open to new things.

Suggestions for embellishments include:
Die cuts, stickers, stickles, flock, ink, chalk, brads, charms, flowers, eyelets, ribbon/fiber, sewing, tearing, embossing, stamping, clipart, additional layers of paper beyond double mats (if it would look weird trying to fit in another embellishment, specialty paper (such as embossed, glitter, Bling).

Packaging Instructions
PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ THIS THROUGH CAREFULLY. If you are unable to package and label as follows, I respectfully ask that you do not sign up for this swap. Items that are not packaged and labeled properly are an added burden to the hostess; it really slows down the sorting process and increases the chances of you not getting back the pieces you are entitled to.

2” Letter Words – Place each letter or sets of letters into a Ziploc bag that is able to close (most people use snack size or jewelry bags) and label as noted below. Place those individual bags into a larger bag (quart size or larger) that will also be labeled.

Standard Element Groups - Place each set of items in a Ziploc bag that is able to close and label it as noted below. Place the individual bags inside a gallon size or larger bag. NO SMALLER. Although your items may fit in a quart size bag, the pieces you get back may not fit in a small bag. Label the outer bag also. The little paper slips that go in the bags are also fine.

Label the individual bags and the larger bag with your DISname, name and group info:

Mom-to-2-Princesses
Lee Ann ________
Group F - Shamu

Thank you for taking the time to make sure your pieces meet these requirements.

Mailing Instructions
* You may send to me by any method you choose unless you are mailing after October 3rd. Then, you must mail Priority with Delivery Confirmation. I recommend Delivery Confirmation for all packages, even before the October 3rd date, but it is not required until October 3rd.
* I will send back to you using flat rate boxes/envelopes. Please include enough postage in your package for return shipping. Here are the current rates: Envelope-$5.15, Small Box-$5.35, Medium/Standard box $11.35, Large box-$15.45. If you want your items shipped to you with DC, please include another $.75, and a filled out slip. I will not mail the items back with delivery confirmation unless you include the $.75.
* And I am not responsible to for postal errors. To minimize on postal errors, please include a return address label -- either a USPS priority mail label that you have addressed, or the little ones you would put on envelope.
* Do not include clik-it/ship-it postage. I will not be able to use it since it is only good on the day it was printed, and from the location it was printed.

* If you want your items shipped to you with DC, please include another $.75, and a filled out slip. I will not mail the items back with delivery confirmation unless you include the $.75.
* And I am not responsible to for postal errors. To minimize on postal errors, please include a return address label -- either a USPS priority mail label that you have addressed, or the little ones you would put on envelope.
* Do not include clik-it/ship-it postage. I will not be able to use it since it is only good on the day it was printed, and from the location it was printed.

I hope to have lots of fun with this swap and I know the items will be outstanding!!! These parks will offer a lot of creative opportunities for all of us!

Enjoy!

KENNEDY SPACE CENTER

2”Letter Words:

A – Kennedy Space Center (5 letters, 1 letter per person) MAKE 5
1. S - Mybestieismickey
2. P - mom-to-2-princesses
3. A - Catinthehat35
4. C - VickiV
5. E - cjsteiger

SEA WORLD

2” Letter Words:

E – Sea World (8 letters – 4 people, 2 letters each) - MAKE 3
1.S, O - Mybestieismickey
2.E, R - adtilllma1
3.A, L, W, D - momto2princesses

Element Groups (2 elements):

G – Animal Group One - MAKE 4
1.Shark - mycutiepatooties
2.Dolphin - catinthehat35
3.Penguin - Mybestieismickey
4.Polar Bear - adtilllma1

H – Animal Group Two - MAKE 3
1.Stingray - mycutiepatooties
2.Turtles - Mybestieismickey
3.Fish - catinthehat35

UNIVERSAL STUDIOS /ISLANDS OF ADVENTURE

2” Letter Words

J – Universal (9 letters, 3 people 3 letters each) MAKE 3
1.U, R, V- VickiV
2.N, S, L - cjsteiger
3.I, A, E - momto2princesses

K – Islands of Adventure (18 letters, 5 people 3 OR 4 letters each) - MAKE 5
1.I, D, E - Catinthehat35
2.S, S, N, E - Johnsonslovedisney
3.L, A, T - VickiV
4.A, D, U - cjsteiger
5.N, V, R, of - momto2princesses

L – Harry Potter (11 letters, 5 people 2 letters each, 1 person 1 letter/1 extra) - MAKE 6
1.H, O - Lovemy3kiddos
2.A, T - Catinthehat35
3.R, T - momto2princesses
4.R, E - Johnsonslovedisney
5.Y, R - mycutiepatooties
6.P, extra - VivkiV

L2 – Harry Potter (11 letters, 4 people 3 letters each, 1 person 1 letter/1 extra) - MAKE 4
1.H, O, Y - cjsteiger
2.R, T, T - momto2princesses
3.R, E, R - Johnsonslovedisney
4.P, A, extra - vgrandy

Element Groups (2 Elements):

M – Universal Studios Rides (Despicable Me Minion Mayhem, Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit, The Simpson's Ride, Revenge of the Mummy, Men-in-Black Alien Attack, Diaster!, Twister...Ride it Out, Shrek 4D, Terminator 2, ET Adventure, Woody Woodpecker's Nuthouse Coaster)
You may choose one ride and do two elements for it OR choose two rides and do one element per ride. Please do not duplicate someone else's ride choice. MAKE 3
1. Lovemy3kiddos - Mummy
2. mycutiepatooties - Despicable Me Minion Mayhem
3. cjsteiger - men in black

N – Islands of Adventure, Island Groups - MAKE 5
1.Marvel Super Hero Island - Catinthehat35
2.Jurassic Park - Lovemy3kiddos
3.The Lost Continent - mycutiepatooties
4.Seuss Landing - Johnsonslovedisney
5.The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - momto2princesses

O – Islands (except Harry Potter) Rides (The Incredible Hulk Coaster, Dragon Challenge, The Amazing Adventures of Spider Man, Doctor Doom's Fearfall, StormForce Accelatron, Jurasic Park River Adventure, Dudly Do Rights Ripshaw Falls, Popeye and Blutos Bilge-Rat Barges, Pteranodon Flyers, Seuss General Themed)
You may choose one ride and do two elements for it OR choose two rides and do one element per ride. Please do not duplicate someone else's ride choice. MAKE 4
1. Lovemy3kiddos - Seuss General
2. Catinthehat35 - Spiderman
3. Momto2princesses - Popeye and Blutos Bilge-Rat Barges
4. mycutiepatooties - Incredible Hulk Coaster

P – The Wizarding World of Harry Potter (Honeydukes, Zonko's Joke Shop, Ollivanders, Three Broomsticks, Dragon Challenge, Flight of the Hippogriff, Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, Butterbeer, Sorting Hat, Harry Potter general)
You may choose one item and do two elements for it OR choose two items and do one element per item. Please do not duplicate someone else's choice. MAKE 7
1. Lovemy3kiddos - general
2. Catinthehat35 - Honeydukes
3. Momto2princesses - Butterbeer
4. Johnsonslovedisney - Sorting Hat
5. mycutiepatooties -Olivanders
6. vgrandy - Zonkos
7. cjsteiger - broomsticks and dragon challenge

LEGOLAND

Q - LEGOLAND - 2" letters - MAKE 4
1. L - johnsonslovedisney
2. E - VickiV
3. G - momto2princesses
4. O - johnsonlovesdisney

R - LEGOLAND - 2 general elements (ideas -- blocks, people, castles, dragons, pirates, dinosaurs, animals, nature, etc, etc) -MAKE 3
1. - johnsonslovedisney
2. - catinthehat35
3. - momto2princesses

Players:

MyBestieIsMickey - A, E, G, H
Mom-to-2-Princesses - P, E, J, K, L, L2, N, O, P, Q, R
CatInTheHat35 -A, G, H, K, L, N, O, P, R
VickiV - A, J, K, L, Q
CjSteiger - E, J, K, L2, M, P
MyCutiePatooties- G, H, L, M, N, O, P
JohnsonLovesDisney- K, L, L2, N, P, Q, R
VGrandy - L2, P
LoveMy3Kiddos - L, M, N, O, P
Adtillma1 - E, G

Check-ins
Confirm your groups and send me your contact info by August 3
Check in #1 by August 15
Check in #2 by September 1 ** Last Call for Angels**
In the Mail
I have received
You have received

I will Definately be in for all of the IOA groups, Harry Potter groups and maybe a Kennedy Space Center group to use for our trip to the Air and Space Museum in DC. I have been waiting for the swap for awhile!

Sorry, I'm going to sit this out....we won't be going to any of those during our next trip.

I'll be up for the SeaWorld groups (letters and elements)......I just have to remember to come back and sign up. :)

I may be in for a couple groups. We leave on sign up day for California, and DMom has yet to decide if we're doing Seaworld in San Diego. The indecision is driving DH and me nuts, but she's paying so I can't complain too much.

This would really work out better for me if sign-ups were in September. I'll have to think about doing it in this time frame.

VickiV

I think I am in for a few groups. :)

I will Definately be in for all of the IOA groups, Harry Potter groups and maybe a Kennedy Space Center group to use for our trip to the Air and Space Museum in DC. I have been waiting for the swap for awhile!

I am in for the Universal and IOA groups. No 2 inch letters though. I'm excited for this swap!

I'll be up for the SeaWorld groups (letters and elements)......I just have to remember to come back and sign up. :)

I may be in for a couple groups. We leave on sign up day for California, and DMom has yet to decide if we're doing Seaworld in San Diego. The indecision is driving DH and me nuts, but she's paying so I can't complain too much.

I'm glad to see so much interest!

So I see some people wanting 2" and some not. I threw out the idea of a mini-kit group, but was worrying about the colors matching. Or I was thinking maybe it would be best to put the overall name of the park in the group with rides, etc. Any thoughts?

CatintheHat -- if you can think of some group titles that you would like that would work for DC and Kennedy let me know. I'm very happy to make the groups less specific to Kennedy. Last time it just kind of naturally happened.

This would really work out better for me if sign-ups were in September. I'll have to think about doing it in this time frame.

VickiV

Oh, I hope you can join. I can be flexible about the due date if you need a little extra time.

I might be up for a few groups but it will depend on how much progress I can make on all my other groups before this sign up otherwise I will have too many things due at the same time.

I'm really excited for this swap....just wondering what time sign ups will open on Thursday. I want to put it on my calendar so I won't forget!

We are finally making it to Universal this trip coming up so I can do a few groups!! I also was looking through old photos that need to be scrapped and I can probably help fill in for Sea World if needed. I will wait on that one til the end though. But, have my Universal list all set to go! I too was wondering what time sign-ups will be?

Good question on the sign up time! How about 10:30? (eastern time) That makes it a reasonable time for our west coast people.

I will be keeping this thread for the sign ups and will change the title to SIGN UPS OPEN.

I'm going to keep the 2" letter groups open at this time -- there seemed to be an interest in them. The one I worry about is "Islands of Adventure" as it is rather long. If not enough people sign up for that then I will add an extra line to Group N - Islands and make a general title for the park.

I think the only other thing to emphasize is if you sign up for Seuss in the rides (Group O) to make a general Seuss item and not specific to an individual ride as many of us are too tall for most of those rides. But I know the area is so cool that everyone takes a picture by at least one item.

I'm really looking forward to this swap! I hope to hear from you all on Thursday.

Could I please have:

A: Space (any letter)
E: Sea World (any letters)
G: Penguin 1st Choice, Polar Bear 2nd Choice
H: Turtles 1 Choice, Fish 2nd Choice

Thanks,
Mybestieismickey

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!