otter pond ?

carlamom

Earning My Ears
Can you walk to see the otters or are they only able to be seen from a balcony? Where exactly is it? It's not listed anywhere on my map.

I was at WL 4 yrs ago, had a woods view, looked out over the otter pond, I couldn't think of what it was called and I think that was it, also over the smokehouse and the best was got to see the castle changing colors at night I am always so lucky with what room I get, unless I am just not a fuss budget and love em all.

We had two rooms directly over the otter swamp (pond). I was going to walk to it by going around the buildings and walking through the grass. I wanted to take a picture of my family on the balcony from the ground. There is no walkway, so I don't know if this would have been allowed, but you can get to it by going around the building. Our rooms were the 3rd floor #3022 and #3024.

Our room overlooked the pond. There is a door off the first floor north wing hallway that we went out(toward the front of the hotel).
and were able to walk out to the pond.

Are there really otters? Really? My kids would love this. :Pinkbounc

My DD and I would love to see the otters can you go to walk around? We are staying at the Poly but we will have a car and I would love to check them out. Otters aren't nocturnal right? It wouldn't be too weird Oh yes could you direct me to you Otters...

Like I said above, there was a door.It wasn't marked emergency exit or else we wouldn't have gone out it. I think it's a place smokers may go to as there were a bunch of cigarette butts on the slab of cement outside the door. I do agree,I don't think
it's meant as a public area, so we left. Our room was on the 4th floor above it so we had an excellent view from there. The first floor rooms are pretty close to it. There are no fences around it so I really don't think they would want children hanging around by the pond. I really doubt the otters would come out with people standing there. I did see people feeding the ducks.
It's really a tranquil, secluded spot that I think is meant to be viewed from the rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter