OUR ADR PLANS to DATE

chimo2u

DIS Veteran
Hello :goodvibes
I wanted to share what I have decided for ADR's for my son (14 yo) and my upcoming August trip. I am hoping for free dining and will upgrade to Deluxe for the first time. I usually do Regular dining plan, but wanted to try some 2 TS meals this trip and thought if we are lucky enough to get free dining, paying the $30.00 pp upgrade would not be too bad for 5 days of all-inclusive, no-thinking meals/snacks! I am not worried about "getting the most out of our $$$ as I think $30.00 pp/day to eat at WDW is an amazingly good price already!

So....here goes:

DAY 1 ARRIVAL @ 4:45pm should be checked in resort (AKL CL) in time for a 6:45 dinner at JIKO

DAY 2 MK : breakfast at Kona Cafe @ 8:15 am
Dinner: Hoop De Doo 7:15 show

Day 3: EPCOT
Breakfast in Club level
Lunch @ 11:45 Le Cellier (1st time for lunch)
Dinner @ 6:45 Teppan Edo

Day 4: Animal Kingdom
Breakfast in Club lounge
Lunch @ 11:45 Tusker House
Dinner Yachtmans Steak house @ 6:30pm

Day 5: DHS
Breakfast at club lounge
lunch @ backlot express if we feel like a lunch
Dinner 5pm Fantasmic Dinner Package Mama Melrose

Departure to Universal Studios day:
Breakfast in Club lounge
Lunch at Beaches and Cream prior to calling a taxi to take us to Universal.

That's it in a nutshell, I know DLX DP is a lot of food, but the flexibility is what I am looking for on this trip and if I can get it with free dining, it will be the best plan for us.

What do you think???

:goodvibes

Just a suggestion. If you're wanting to get the most out of one day at Universal, you may want to get there closer to opening. I went around the same time you're going, and it wasn't too crowded, but the new Harry Potter land will probably be open by then, so you never know how crowds may turn out. Plus, they have some awesome restaurants you can have lunch in...and then have dinner back at the world.

Glad to know I'm not the only one who has the ADR's already planned out for the most part! :goodvibes: I have mine planned out by park right now, just waiting for hours to try and figure out which day. Have a great trip!!

Your trip sounds great and you seem to have a good balance of food there! You will have a great time and I hope you get free dining, although staying club level at AK for just two of you, wouldn't a room discount be better?

Hello :goodvibes
I wanted to share what I have decided for ADR's for my son (14 yo) and my upcoming August trip. I am hoping for free dining and will upgrade to Deluxe for the first time. I usually do Regular dining plan, but wanted to try some 2 TS meals this trip and thought if we are lucky enough to get free dining, paying the $30.00 pp upgrade would not be too bad for 5 days of all-inclusive, no-thinking meals/snacks! I am not worried about "getting the most out of our $$$ as I think $30.00 pp/day to eat at WDW is an amazingly good price already!

So....here goes:

DAY 1 ARRIVAL @ 4:45pm should be checked in resort (AKL CL) in time for a 6:45 dinner at JIKO

ANother thought
You are still only using like 2 meals a day but paying for deluxe which covers 3 sit downs. Oh, you said $$ no issue, otherwise not really a "bargain" the way you have it planned!
Breakfast in Club level

Breakfast in Club lounge

Breakfast at club lounge

Breakfast in Club lounge

That's it in a nutshell, I know DLX DP is a lot of food, but the flexibility is what I am looking for on this trip and if I can get it with free dining, it will be the best plan for us.

What do you think???

:goodvibes

Looks YUMMY to me!
Do you want so short a time at Universal? WHy not go after breakfast instead :confused3

Just a suggestion. If you're wanting to get the most out of one day at Universal, you may want to get there closer to opening. I went around the same time you're going, and it wasn't too crowded, but the new Harry Potter land will probably be open by then, so you never know how crowds may turn out. Plus, they have some awesome restaurants you can have lunch in...and then have dinner back at the world.

Glad to know I'm not the only one who has the ADR's already planned out for the most part! :goodvibes: I have mine planned out by park right now, just waiting for hours to try and figure out which day. Have a great trip!!

I may have read it wrong, but it sounded to me like they are going to STAY at Universal for a night or more, especially since they have no other Disney plans after that.

I may have read it wrong, but it sounded to me like they are going to STAY at Universal for a night or more, especially since they have no other Disney plans after that.

Ah...that does make more sense. Good catch, if true!! Sounds like a good plan either way really!

I just wanted to clarify... we are staying at Disney August 21-26th....leaving August 26th-28th for Universal, so we will have Thursday Aug 26th PM to Sat August 28th early pm (prior to catching a 5:45 pm flight) back home. :goodvibes

Your trip sounds great and you seem to have a good balance of food there! You will have a great time and I hope you get free dining, although staying club level at AK for just two of you, wouldn't a room discount be better?

I can't seem to find a room discount for our time period....hoping for any discount at this point :goodvibes

You where right on! :goodvibes Our Disney plans end August 26th....then we head to Universal 26th-28th of August. My flight home on Saturday the 28th is at 5:45 pm (flying to Canada) so we will only have until early afternoon on the 28th to explore. We need to catch a taxi to the airport by 2pm, I'd say! ?It's our first time to Universal, so my son is very excited to see the new Harry Potter attraction :)

Hello

So....here goes:

ANother thought
You are still only using like 2 meals a day but paying for deluxe which covers 3 sit downs. Oh, you said $$ no issue, otherwise not really a "bargain" the way you have it planned!

Breakfast in Club level

Breakfast in Club lounge

Breakfast at club lounge

Breakfast in Club lounge

What do you think???

I know it's 2 meals/day versus 3 sitdowns....but with the regular plan we only get 1 TS / day, so not enough credits. I guess I thought if I was lucky enough to get free dining and pay for just the upgrade to DLX, then we'd still be paying quite a decent price at $30/pp for dining for each day. To me, it seems like a bargain when I look at it this way :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter