Our Aulani trip is scheduled for late March. How's everyone doing?

yes but we borrowed points from 2020 into 2019 for Aulani and they are returning them into 2019. August UY and we cannot travel before 7/31. They had been putting them back from the UY they were borrowed from for other members
I read in another thread that this was happening with borrowed points but members were then able to call member services to get this adjusted (moving points back to the year from which they were borrowed). It’s worth a try.

All the big tourist attractions are closed: Arizona Memorial, Hanauma Bay and Diamond Head. Certain hiking trails are also closed: Manoa Falls and Aihualama trail. Malls have cut hours in half - and some stores and restaurants have shut down entirely. Two of the three branches of government (legislature, on hold, and judiciary, only hearing emergency matters) are shut down. The third is taking its sweet time, but will get there soon.

I read in another thread that this was happening with borrowed points but members were then able to call member services to get this adjusted (moving points back to the year from which they were borrowed). It’s worth a try.
This was happening last week, but as of yesterday normal banking and borrowing policies are being applied. Sorry.

GOVERNOR OF HAWAII ASKS VISITORS TO POSTPONE THEIR TRIPS TO HAWAII FOR THE NEXT 30 DAYS - KHON

Canceled our trip for April 4th last night after Governors statement. Called DVC today and they will NOT put your points back to where they were borrowed as they did for all the others this past week. I’d be fine with this if they had held to the contract from the start but they didn’t. The answer for me was that I still had time to use them this year except that’s not really true and I already have WDW paid for October and ABD for Xmas.

We just cancelled our trip starting next week as we are Canadian and have a travel advisory that all international travel should be avoided. We are DVC members and while they didn’t put our points in holding they will not relax banking dates so we may not be able to use before they expire. While we understand why DVC is doing this, we are disappointed they are not being flexible in this extraordinary situation.

Has Aulani announced anything yet after the Governor’s speech. Restaurants I presume. Pool? Entire hotel timetable?

My first post... I am at Aulani now and everything is business as usual. Pool open, restaurants open, in fact we have a character breakfast this morning and I have not received any calls saying they are shutting down. Plenty of people here at the resort and still checking in

My trip to Hawaii begins exactly 31 days from now. I'm stressed since I rented vacation club points and I am worried that they won't be able to change our trip for us, or just tell me "you have to use it or lose it".

We were supposed to be there now. Instead, we're under a shelter-in-place order for our county. We had rented 230 points through a third party site. We're working with them, but it seems as if that money is gone.

The state has started shutting down for the next month. The governor has asked tourists to stay home. For Hawaii, that's a billion dollar request. We've put tens of thousands of jobs on the line to save lives. I can confidently say that this decision was not taken lightly. If you still choose to come, we can't stop you. But if your hotel, attraction, restaurant, etc. closes while you are here or if you are put in quarantine, that's on you. You've been given plenty of warning.

We are here now, leaving Sat. Our server at lunch at Ama AMA today told us tomorrow will be the last day for sit down restaurants. Counter service, poolside, and room service will remain. She said the resort will be at 40% capacity tomorrow.

The spa called and said they will be closed effective Friday. (We had a massage booked)

We have a luau booked for Friday night but I am sure that’s going to be canceled. Haven’t heard yet though.

We tried snorkeling at rainbow reef this morning. We had our own masks but we did not want to put our mouths on the valves to inflate the vests. They wouldn’t let us in with uninflated vests so we left and got a refund...

Characters are still around. (Mickey, stitch, etc)

Pools, hot tubs, and lazy river are busy.

We are here now, leaving Sat. Our server at lunch at Ama AMA today told us tomorrow will be the last day for sit down restaurants. Counter service, poolside, and room service will remain. She said the resort will be at 40% capacity tomorrow.

The spa called and said they will be closed effective Friday. (We had a massage booked)

We have a luau booked for Friday night but I am sure that’s going to be canceled. Haven’t heard yet though.

We tried snorkeling at rainbow reef this morning. We had our own masks but we did not want to put our mouths on the valves to inflate the vests. They wouldn’t let us in with uninflated vests so we left and got a refund...

Characters are still around. (Mickey, stitch, etc)

Pools, hot tubs, and lazy river are busy.
I think you should try to get back to mainland if you can get a flight early tomorrow. Never know if the whole island shuts down before your departure. Good luck and safe travels!

Starting Friday, no flights in or out of Kauai. I expect other islands to follow.

I'm very curious to see what this is all about. The official press release wording was:

Mayor Kawakami also stated that airline travel to and from the island of Kaua‘i be limited to essential needs only. “Until further notice, visitors should not be traveling to our island for recreational purposes,” emphasized the Mayor. “Kaua‘i is on vacation!”

However, mayors do not have jurisdiction over airports so I think it's just slick wording.

There is talk of private vessels forming a barricade to prevent cruise ships from entering Honolulu Harbor . . . I'm wondering if Kauai is organizing a similar sort of grass roots movement to block tourists from coming. Picket line? Have airport workers call in sick? People on Kauai used to sit on surfboards to block the Superferry so this wouldn't be the first time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!