Our Birthday Bonanza PTR- May 2010~ ACK!

I LOVE your scrapbook page!!! So cute!! Where did you find the directions for the shirts? I just, after being inspired by you ;), tye dyed a regular round designs for the first time ever late last week for the party we had this weekend. Now I may try to do Mickey for our trip! It may take me the next 5 and 1/2 months to do 10 shirts and get something I'm completely happy with ;)

Here is the thread about the shirts. Tie Dye Mickey's You just have to realize that tie dye is not a perfect thing. Sounds like you have more tie dying experience than I did starting (which was zip) so you should do fine. Biggest tips would be to draw the Mickey heads onto each of the shirts first, stitch them all with the floss, and put the rubber bands super duper duper tight right under the gathered floss. Other than the whole stitching part, it really doesn't take longer to do 10 shirts than 1 shirt.

Here is the thread about the shirts. Tie Dye Mickey's You just have to realize that tie dye is not a perfect thing. Sounds like you have more tie dying experience than I did starting (which was zip) so you should do fine. Biggest tips would be to draw the Mickey heads onto each of the shirts first, stitch them all with the floss, and put the rubber bands super duper duper tight right under the gathered floss. Other than the whole stitching part, it really doesn't take longer to do 10 shirts than 1 shirt.

Thank you so much!! I'll definitely try it! I did the shirts last week to kinda see if I would be a complete failure at tye dying! :lmao: I would be so annoyed if I started doing the mickey's and it didn't work out! I did 5 shirts, 1 for me, one for each kiddo and 1 for my niece, DH said he wouldnt wear it. If I do mickey he will be wearing it! I promise you that!

Good Morning Jenn!!!! The t-shirts look awesome. You did a great job. I might have taclked that project years ago. :) Not now though. I'm going to subscribe to your ptr so I can keep up with all of your projects and trip planning. Nice chatting last night. I'm off for my bike ride. :rotfl2: I love planning wdw trips and I defintely enjoy reading others but wouldn't know where to begin with my own. Thanks for sharing!

Hey Jenn,

Promised I would read your pre-trip report and here I am! Really enjoy the report and love the tie-dye shirts. They are just as nice if not better than the ones I recently saw in the lands end catalog! They are awesome! I'll keep reading!

Good Morning Jenn!!!! The t-shirts look awesome. You did a great job. I might have taclked that project years ago. :) Not now though. I'm going to subscribe to your ptr so I can keep up with all of your projects and trip planning. Nice chatting last night. I'm off for my bike ride. :rotfl2: I love planning wdw trips and I defintely enjoy reading others but wouldn't know where to begin with my own. Thanks for sharing!

Hey Jenn,

Promised I would read your pre-trip report and here I am! Really enjoy the report and love the tie-dye shirts. They are just as nice if not better than the ones I recently saw in the lands end catalog! They are awesome! I'll keep reading!

Thanks for stopping by! I am going to try and make it to the appropriate chats more frequently. Unfortunately they coincide with what is supposed to be my kids bedtime. They stayed up way to late last night :rolleyes: . I'll be right back with some scrapbook pages of my previous trips.

Hello readers! Beings it is still over 9 months until my trip, there really isn't too much decision making going on. That means you guys get more random ramblings and creative experiences from me :woohoo:. Today we are going to cover scrapbooking pages from my past. As a disclaimer some of them are from shortly after I started my digital scrapbooking journey, and aren't my best work. If I can get it to work right, all pages will be clickable to the gallery where their credits are listed. For those that are not familiar with digital scrapbooking, providing proper credits is a very important thing within the community. First up the pages I created from my Disneymoon.

Okay, looks like this is working right. :woohoo: I am going to try to put the pages in trip order but, it may not be perfect.

That's all my supply I can find right now. I could have sworn I did one of the kids face painting and one of DS3 earning his ears, but I sure can't find them:confused3. This exercise total shows me how many more Disney memories are in need of scrapping. I know what I will be doing soon.

Jenn, these are ADORABLE pages. I'm also a scrapbooker but not digitally but the old fashioned way. Is that a surprise? Not really is it. :rotfl2: I'm sure its a ton easier. I haven't gotten around to making any of my disney pages yet. I've 6 trips behind and soon to be 7. Perhaps I should learn more about the digital method. ;) Keep up the good work and ptr. As always, HAPPY PLANNING!

Your scrapbook pages look great. I especially love the flower page. What a great idea!

Jenn!!!! Your pages are stunning! Holy moly I love them sooooo much! Like I said, I just started getting into digital scrapping! I did our grown ups only trip in March all digitally and loved it! They pages are at the end of the TR that's linked in my siggie! I did them 8x8, printed them out and put them in a regular 8x8 scrapbook. I've also been doing pages of things throughout the year. I'm doing those 8.5 x 11 and am going to put them all in page protectors in a binder with a decorated cover!

Since I started paper scrapping 05 I've always wanted to do a book for each year with pages of different things throughout the year. But it always seemed like a HUGE task! Especially because all my paper scrapping stuff is stored away in bins in a closet and to do anything I first have to set it up and then put it away again! If only I had my own craft room!! Doing it digitally is much easier!!

I just finally finished the paper scrapbook for our January trip and started taking pictures of it to post in my PTR at the request of a Dis friend! Tone in they'll be there soon! ;)

Wow, I have never seen or heard of digital scrapbooking before, and it looks amazing! Once you assemble the pages online, do you ever print them out, or do they just live online like a video? Do you have a type of software that you like? I am blown away - lovely work!

Wow, I have never seen or heard of digital scrapbooking before, and it looks amazing! Once you assemble the pages online, do you ever print them out, or do they just live online like a video? Do you have a type of software that you like? I am blown away - lovely work!

I used Photoshop CS3 for my scrapbooking program. Many people use Photoshop Elements as well as CS3 is fairly expensive.

Way back when I had very lofty ideas that every 6 pages I would complete I would print them on my 13x19 paper (I could get 6 6x6 on that size). Well that worked for a few weeks. Now I just wait until I get about 100 pages done and for Winkflash to run a special on their photobooks, and I just have them print them in a bound book for me. Can't beat a 100 page book for about $20. I actually need to start putting my next book together soon as I am pretty sure I am almost to that magical 100 page number.

Jenn!!!! Your pages are stunning! Holy moly I love them sooooo much! Like I said, I just started getting into digital scrapping! I did our grown ups only trip in March all digitally and loved it! They pages are at the end of the TR that's linked in my siggie! I did them 8x8, printed them out and put them in a regular 8x8 scrapbook. I've also been doing pages of things throughout the year. I'm doing those 8.5 x 11 and am going to put them all in page protectors in a binder with a decorated cover!

Since I started paper scrapping 05 I've always wanted to do a book for each year with pages of different things throughout the year. But it always seemed like a HUGE task! Especially because all my paper scrapping stuff is stored away in bins in a closet and to do anything I first have to set it up and then put it away again! If only I had my own craft room!! Doing it digitally is much easier!!

I just finally finished the paper scrapbook for our January trip and started taking pictures of it to post in my PTR at the request of a Dis friend! Tone in they'll be there soon! ;)

I have all the stuff I need to paper scrap laying around here. I had all these grand ideas in the last month I was pregnant with the twins. Turns out by the time I would get it all out some baby would be awake and I would have to put it all back away. I think I have maybe 5 paper pages I ever completed. Digital to me is just so much easier. I will have to go look for yours on your TR.

Your scrapbook pages look great. I especially love the flower page. What a great idea!

Thank you. My family will be walking and realize I have gone AWOL on them just to find me shooting pictures of the flowers.

Jenn, these are ADORABLE pages. I'm also a scrapbooker but not digitally but the old fashioned way. Is that a surprise? Not really is it. :rotfl2: I'm sure its a ton easier. I haven't gotten around to making any of my disney pages yet. I've 6 trips behind and soon to be 7. Perhaps I should learn more about the digital method. ;) Keep up the good work and ptr. As always, HAPPY PLANNING!

I definitely love digital scrapbooking. There is nothing to haul out to work on it other than my laptop, and that can go just about any where with me. I really do have a lot of pages to catch up on myself. I just didn't even realize how many I had only done in my head until I posted them here.

Jenn
Great pages! I don't remember see all of them before!

You've seen them, just a really long time ago. My honeymoon pages were some of the first things I posted on DST, but I had been scrapping for about 6 months at that point. Gosh, I was still using DIP way back then. I was surprised to see 2 of my pages without the Mickey brad on them :eek:.

To buy or not to buy? That is my question of the day.

In just a few short weeks Disney will be increasing their ticket prices (no that's not official, but they have every other year). As I have a trip planned, it would seem smart to buy my tickets prior to this price increase. When you are buy tickets for 6 people, even a $10 price increase adds up. The duh answer would seem, yes, I should buy, BUT there is another choice for me.

My MIL is retired military and she will be on our trip with us. This year they ran an awesome deal and I could possibly get 4 tickets with her (well maybe 3 if they bring the other grandkid). That means I could get mine and DH's tickets dirt cheap in comparison to right now BUT we don't know what they will run next year at all. The only thing we know for sure is that the current promotion runs until Dec 23rd.

So do I buy them now or wait? DH says buy them now. He wants 10 day non expiring tickets which if you didn't know cost A LOT. That said we still have 1 day left (DH and I at least) from when we bought them in July of '07 (yep, before the price went up), so having them for 2+ trips was really convenient. Even if we do get the special military deal, we would have tickets we could use in the future at this current price. Pro: having tickets for whenever we need them Con: having to keep up with said tickets again. I really think DH is more of a Mousejunkie than I am, he just lets me do all the planning for him. He knows if we have 10 day passes, I will be going back to use them no matter how bad my trip may be for the first part of them.

I know I need at least 1 10 day non expiring kids ticket for the trip in May. I will be getting DD one to use even for just a day so that we can get it exchanged for an adult one when her birthday hits. Even if I never return to Disney (yeah right), I can safely assume DD will some time in her future. I should definitely buy hers soon.

So what would you all do in my place? Gamble that there will be a kick butt military promotion again next year and wait? Or buy the tickets now and hold onto them if we don't use them? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!