Our Birthday Bonanza PTR- May 2010~ ACK!

So did you decide to get the tickets or wait?

I just can't do it right now. As much as I hate the chance of prices going up, the thought of buying tickets right now doesn't sit well. I think I will have to wait until we get our tax return next year. Maybe I will take that and get us the 10 day non expiring park hopping tickets if they aren't running a military special again. We priced it out and for the 6 tickets we will need it would cost almost $3000 for those options :scared1:. Even split between 2 trips that is still a lot of money to consider all at once. I am actually considering getting 5 day non hoppers for this trip and see if we can manage. Removing the hopper option alone would save us $300. That's enough for 1 full ticket.

Makes total sense. You know you can also upgrade the tickets when you are there. This way if you skip the hoppers but decide you need them, just pay the $300 when you are there. We did one trip without the hoppers, it wasn't bad. But I love being able to go to Epcot for dinner if I want. Or just hopping over to a different park to see the parade or fireworks.
I have never done the non-expiring tickets but $3000 yikes that is a lot of money for tickets.

Makes total sense. You know you can also upgrade the tickets when you are there. This way if you skip the hoppers but decide you need them, just pay the $300 when you are there. We did one trip without the hoppers, it wasn't bad. But I love being able to go to Epcot for dinner if I want. Or just hopping over to a different park to see the parade or fireworks.
I have never done the non-expiring tickets but $3000 yikes that is a lot of money for tickets.

I really am thinking about trying to go without hoppers. DH's major concern is that we wouldn't be able to use the extra evening hours unless we went to that park the whole day. I think he has forgotten what it is like to travel to Disney with young children. There are no super late nights. I will just have to plan our meal according to the park we will be in for the day. Since we go for 5 days, we can do 2 days in Epcot if that's what we decide. I will just have to figure out which resort to eat at on our DHS day, since I don't like any of the restaurant choices there. We will have to be able to make it back for Fantasmic though, since he has expressed interest in seeing it again. Which resorts are closest travel wise from DHS?

Sorry I have been AWOL. Life gets hectic around these parts of the world at this time. For those that don't know, I homeschool :teacher:, so I get to make up my own schedule. Normally we school year round, but this summer has been very lax. We officially started back full force on Monday. Well, actually, care of an unexpected doctor's appointment that cropped up on Monday morning, only DD got to start full force on Monday, the boys had to wait until Tuesday. What's really sad is the doctor's appointment was for her. It was just a check up though, so no excuse for missing work. Anyways here's a picture of the crew on the "first" day of school.

resized-IMG_0547.jpg

On top of getting into the swing of things, I have had to expend some crafty juices on school work for them. So far I have done 2 lapbooks, and a mini lapbook. This requires much cutting and pasting on my part, but I hope it will keep the information DD learns a little more confined. The mini book is actually an activity center for DS3 so he doesn't drive me up the wall wanting his share of attention. I got the templates for the activity one from Lapbooks By Carisa. Even better it was totally free except paper and half a manila folder. Here is my "baby" playing with it.
resized-IMG_0557.jpg

resized-IMG_0563.jpg

resized-IMG_0565.jpg

resized-IMG_0567.jpg

resized-IMG_0570.jpg

resized-IMG_0572.jpg

resized-IMG_0574.jpg

My next Disney related craft is going to be making something similar for him with Disney characters. I have it all planned out in my head. I just have to find the time and the clip art to go along with it. Between school, dentist and eye doctor appointments, speech starting up again, and gymnastics twice a week, it might be a while.

So that this post can actually be Disney related in some form or fashion, I do have my latest t-shirt creations to share. I actually finished these a week or so ago, but as I said, it's been kinda hectic around here. I still haven't learned my lesson that simple is sometimes better, and I am not totally thrilled with how the shirts came out, but DD loves her's and that's what really matters. Well that and the fact that I think DD now has enough tie dyed shirts to go on her cruise with Grandma and wear a different one each day, which my MIL will just love me for :lmao: . The green and blue are mine, the pink is her's.
resized-IMG_0507.jpg

resized-IMG_0510.jpg
(should have just gone with a basic Mickey head)
resized-IMG_0516.jpg

resized-IMG_0515.jpg

resized-IMG_0512.jpg

resized-IMG_0511.jpg

My lesson from this dye batch is K.I.S.S. I tried going to fancy again. I don't think there will be any more Disney themed shirts coming from me, but I do have a tie dye party at the end of the month with a group of homeschoolers :woohoo:. I made it sound like so much fun, everyone is excited to try (minus the tedious Mickey head). That's it for now. Hope everyone is having a great week.

So I have a friend, a really, really good friend who has a daughter, a really sweet daughter, who had a song stuck in her little sweet head so she sang it for her mother. Her mother got the song stuck in her head and shared it with me. I passed it along and got it stuck in daughter's head, cause I'm just that nice. :rotfl: Then I got inspired and said "I've gotta scrap that song!" Here is what came of the song that keeps popping into my head. Credits for the page.

smallbeautifultomorrow.jpg

Very, very cool shirts! I love them!

Also very cool scrap layout! Now the song is in my head too!

ACK! Have you seen this thread? I thought I had until February to figure out where I wanted to eat this go around, but now I only have until November! That's like 3 months away! This totally changes EVERYTHING! Now I get to join in the people wondering when they will be releasing my park hours so I can appropriately schedule my dining options. I have 3 months to convince the ILs on the dining plan and figure out where everyone wants to eat. EEK!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter