Our chevrolet dealership is not being closed!!!

bannermouse

Mouseketeer
We just received word that the Chevrolet dealership I work for in New Orleans is not one of the 1100 being closed down in the country. Great news for all our employees!!!!! Still a very sad day for the 1000's of Chevrolet employees who will be out of a job by next year...........

BANNERMOUSE

I'm happy for you. I work in the auto industry and know how scary things are right now. We're leaving for disney in a few days and I'm not sure if I'll have a job when I get back.

I'm so glad to hear this!!!!

My family ownes and I work at a very small Dodge, Chrysler & Jeep dealership in rural PA. It is truley a family owned and operated business with 8 employees and 5 of them immediate family (Dad, Mom, Sister, myself, and brother in-law). We survived the cuts made yesterday. It was a GUT WRENCHING couple of weeks waiting to see what happened.

The notified dealers via a UPS letter but we are so rural our UPS doesn't come until 5:00 so we were pretty nervous. About 11:00 the official list came up on the net and we found it. When we first found it I was scared to even look at it. Then I had to scan it several times just to make sure!!

We do have some good friends that did not make the cut though. It was such an emotional day feeling glad that we made it and sad for those who didn't.

I think we'll be better in the long run though and I am very excited to move forward with the new company.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter