Our Disney experience (Jan 4-10th)

imprimouse

how do you do what?!
we just got back and wanted to share highs and a low
our last trip was in 2014 and we stayed at AoA that trip

This trip we stayed in a renovated room@ POP- building 9
the room was nice, clean and we opted for the $60 gift card in exchange for not having daily room service. you just call guest services for more towels, tissue etc. as you need them, and they drop it off in your room. we did have some hiccups with them failing to pick up used towels and washcloths (twice) even though they delivered the fresh linens without issue. DW had placed a grocery order with dizzy dolphin, and they were perfect! the order arrived @ pop about an hour before we did, and was kept properly stored by guest services until we requested that it be brought to our room.
we highly recommend dizzy dolphin if you want groceries delivered. however, the temp in our refrigerator was not low enough, and after a few adjustments with the dial and waiting an hour or so it still didn't seem any colder. we called guest services and they sent someone that fiddled with it briefly and announced it to be fixed.. so we had the grocery order to be brought to the room. the fridge wasn't fixed as we discovered upon our return from a day @ AK. now our milk, juice and fruit are suspect - at best.. we ended up wasting money on those items as by Sunday night we didn't trust them to be fresh and frankly was tired of messing with GS. we were tired and ready to sleep. that aspect of our stay was the low light, but we didn't let it ruin the trip.
Overall, we had a great time. Folks, REFRESH is your friend! and a BIG THANKS to all who have posted so much on this strategy. it works, be patient; we rode everything, all 4 parks, never made a rope drop, and maybe used the standby line 4 times all week!
vs. the trip in '14, i thought the parks were cleaner and the food was better. we had the QS dining plan, and had plenty to eat. Disney has upgraded their QS options, and there are many good meals out there besides the old burger & fries. we paid out of pocket for a Kona breakfast (always a must do) and tried yak and yeti, but didn't think it was worth the money vs. what the Y & Y food cafe QS offers.
we had some good experiences with several cast members and a few pixie dust moments too.
I (DD52) took the Marceline to MK tour, my first Disney tour. Taylor was our tour guide, and he was excellent! this was well worth the money, though i don't think i would enjoy a longer tour, this was apx. 3.5 hours.
We went to Disney Springs for a few hours one afternoon, but the place is amazing vs the what we saw a few years ago at downtown Disney. wish we had been able to explore it more.
Rivers of light was worth the time, i think Fantasmic was improved vs what i remembered.
Disney has already changed the pre-show music for the soon to be extinct Illuminations RoE. that was a bummer, but at least got to see it one last time.

Thanks for sharing, my touring plan is to rely kinda heavily on refresh, so this gives me hope for that

Glad u enjoyed despite the fridge Blip. And if that was me I would ve expected guest services to refund me for ruined food items after having called them to repair it.
But that’s just me... not one to waste money
Sounds awesome otherwise! Thx for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!