Our Epic Iceland Adventure-July 14-21, 2-18-

On my way home today!! Drew and Stebbi were outstanding! Drew seems to be fully recovered (turns out he badly bruised his back.)

The weather you had at Godafoss looks fabulous.

Sayhello
Looking forward to your report! How was your weather?

Looking forward to your report! How was your weather?
Weather was bipolar at first. Rain to sun to rain to sun over & over again. But overall, especially in the North, it was quite beautiful! Our last day, the river rafting was bright sun, blue skies, and not a cloud in the sky! We were very lucky!!

Sayhello

On my way home today!! Drew and Stebbi were outstanding! Drew seems to be fully recovered (turns out he badly bruised his back.)

The weather you had at Godafoss looks fabulous.

Sayhello
I hope you had a fabulous trip and we were so lucky to have had the weather we did. Glad Drew is back and doing well.

We loaded up into the bus again and stopped a bit up the road to look at the lupin flowers. We had a laugh because the lupin that was there the week before was not there this day. But there was a little geothermal pond, so we walked down to it.

Drew and Stefan had a surprise for those that were celebrating something special. We had several that were celebrating a graduation and Clay and Ashlei were celebrating a wedding anniversary. Then Drew broke out a bottle of Black Label liquor. I did not try it, but DH did.

4.jpg

8.jpg

5.jpg

7.jpg

1.jpg

Last edited:

Once back at the Hotel we walked downtown to find something to eat. Our meal was from the gourmet restaurant, “Subway”. We were able to eat for about $20 US dollars. We had been told there was a great Ice Cream place so we walked the LONG hike to it. It was about a 15 minute walk from downtown. Now, the ice cream was not near as good as the ice cream place from the night before. We figured it was popular because of all of the toppings offered.

We ate our ice cream as we walked the almost 30 minutes back to the hotel. The steep hill was not fun, but we made it. With the help of the ice cream I was able to stay cool.

A (1).jpg

B (1).jpg

C (1).jpg

E.jpg

F.jpg

D.jpg

G.jpg

Day 6 - Off the Wheaten Path.

We started this day off at the Fuglasafn Sigurgeirs Bird Museum. Anton joined us, he was the main guide giving information today.

We were given head nets because the midge bugs were so very bad flying all around your head. Everyone enjoyed the ducks that were always waiting to be fed. The younger ones really loved them. The museum had a lot of local birds (stuffed) that you could look at. We really enjoyed learning about Sigurgeir Stefansson.

H.jpg

A.jpg

b.jpg

F.jpg

D.jpg

d (1).jpg

J.jpg

G.jpg

The museum had his boat and a lot of his fishing accessories. Our guide Stefan was very close to this man, calling him grandfather. Stefan worked at his farm while growing up, you could see how much love and respect Stefan had for this man.

e (1).jpg

THUR.jpg

c.jpg

E.jpg

The museum had his boat and a lot of his fishing accessories. Our guide Stefan was very close to this man, calling him grandfather. Stefan worked at his farm while growing up, you could see how much love and respect Stefan had for this man.
I missed the beginning of the presentation in the boathouse. I did not hear that about Stebbi working for this man. That is so very cool! Thanks for sharing that.

Sayhello

I missed the beginning of the presentation in the boathouse. I did not hear that about Stebbi working for this man. That is so very cool! Thanks for sharing that.

Sayhello
I also missed the beginning of the talk because...wait for it...I was in the eternal bathroom line!!! :)

You have the most beautiful photos! I am enjoying your report very much....as we are experiencing the winter doldrums here in PA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter