Our Experiences, Your Questions

iteachlit

DIS Veteran
Rather than write up a fully detailed trip report, I'm just going to list where we stayed, what we did, and where we ate. I'll leave it up to you to ask any questions.

Me (46) and Wife (48)
Saratoga Springs in a Preferred Studio

Mon. 7/23/18
  • PIT -> MCO on Southwest
    • Arrived at MCO around 12:05 PM
  • DME to SSR
    • Arrived at 1:30 PM
  • Lunch at The Artist's Palette
  • Rain in the afternoon, which closed the pools for a period of the afternoon
  • Dinner at Sanaa
  • Busin to Disney Springs for shopping
Tue. 7/24/18
  • Animal Kingdom
    • Arrived at 9:30 AM
    • Everest (FP)
    • Kali (standby; walk-on)
    • Dinosaur (FP)
    • Safari (FP)
    • Lunch at Sa'tuli
  • Return to SSR at 2:00
  • Rest
  • Minnie Van to Poly
    • Pick up at 4:35; arrival at 4:50
  • Spirit of Aloha (5:15 show)
  • MK
    • arrived at 7:15 PM
    • Splash Mountain (FP)
    • Pirates (FP)
    • Haunted Mansion (standby; walk on)
    • Big Thunder (standby; walk on)

Wed. 7/25/18
  • Epcot
    • Arrived at 9:45 AM
    • Spaceship Earth (had a FP, but did standby due to early arrival)
    • Living With the Land (FP)
    • Bad weather in the area canceled our Test Track FP
    • Lunch at Via Napoli
    • Shopping in WS
    • Imagination (standby)
    • Soarin' (FP from Test Track)
  • Return to SSR at 2:15
    • Swimming at The Paddock Pool
  • Bus to AK at 5:30 (we were the only ones on the bus)
  • Arrival at AK 5:50 PM
    • Rivers of Light Dining Package at Tiffins (6:15 PM)
    • A Navi River Journey FP suddenly showed up while we were dining
    • Navi River Journey (FP)
    • Rivers of Light (arrived at 8:45 for 9:15 show)
  • Return to SSR via bus
    • Time from end of RoL to SSR --> 45 minutes... not bad
Thu. 7/26/18
  • DME pickup at 6:55 AM
  • MCO to PIT on Southwest (9:55 departure)
    • Pushed back 20 minutes late
    • Very bumpy over North Carolina and Virginia
    • Arrived at PIT 12:15 PM
    • Luggage was already on the carousel by the time we got to it
      • This was a first!

I just wanted to say I really like this style of report! I’ve had lunch at Sanaa, it was amazing, and got to see a lot of animals. What time was your dinner and did you see any? Also, what did you think of the Minnie vans? Wondering if we Uber or try this it out, I know their a bit more. Thank you!

What time was your dinner and did you see any?
Our reservation was at 6:45 PM. We got off the bus at Jambo House because we wanted to look around the store in that building. While we were at Jambo, we stepped outside to check out the animals. We saw zebra, giraffe, wildebeest, and other animals there.

We walked to Kidani, arriving around 6:30 PM to check in for our reservation. After checking in, we sat in rocking chairs outside. Most of the animals were at the edge of the savanna.

We had a decent view of the savanna from our table, but we didn't really see much more than birds.

We usually go to Sanaa on every trip. Our animal experiences have been varied; you never know what you will see while dining.

Also, what did you think of the Minnie vans?
The Minnie Van made our trip to the Polynesian stress-free. It was easy to use the Lyft app to call for the van. Travel time from SSR to Poly was about 15 minutes. Our driver was very nice, although he was hard to hear. We had our own air conditioning controls. The vehicles also have phone chargers for various devices. We were dropped off right at the Polynesian's front door.

Our reservation was at 6:45 PM. We got off the bus at Jambo House because we wanted to look around the store in that building. While we were at Jambo, we stepped outside to check out the animals. We saw zebra, giraffe, wildebeest, and other animals there.

We walked to Kidani, arriving around 6:30 PM to check in for our reservation. After checking in, we sat in rocking chairs outside. Most of the animals were at the edge of the savanna.

We had a decent view of the savanna from our table, but we didn't really see much more than birds.

We usually go to Sanaa on every trip. Our animal experiences have been varied; you never know what you will see while dining.

The Minnie Van made our trip to the Polynesian stress-free. It was easy to use the Lyft app to call for the van. Travel time from SSR to Poly was about 15 minutes. Our driver was very nice, although he was hard to hear. We had our own air conditioning controls. The vehicles also have phone chargers for various devices. We were dropped off right at the Polynesian's front door.
Thank you, it is appreciated!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter