Our Fast Pass access opens on 1/19...thoughts & feedback?

waltdisfam4

Mouseketeer
I have been working on this draft for our fast passes for days - and Friday, 1/19/18, is when our 60 day window opens. It's almost time!

We are staying at Beach Club, arriving at 1:00 p.m. on Tuesday, 3/20/18 & departing on 3/27/18 at 5:00 p.m.
DH, DS (17 yrs old), DD (13 yrs old), and I (wife/mom/trip planner) will have park hoppers but I have noted where we plan to begin each day...I am open to your suggestions for if/when we should park hop later each day.
I have never done fast passes with MDE, as our last trip was way back when we used paper fast passes :) I'm completely new to this, so I am very open to your feedback. I'm, quite possibly, doing this all wrong and my feelings will not be hurt if you think this plan is in desperate need of revision...heehee.

Here's my plan/ fast pass wish list:

Tuesday, 3/20/18: EPCOT (only a 1/2 day in the park, as we aren't arriving in Orlando until 1 pm)
5:00 pm - Spaceship Earth
6:00 pm - Nemo & Friends
7:00 pm - Frozen Ever After

Wednesday, 3/21/18: Magic Kingdom (*BoG lunch at 1:40 pm) Day 1 of 2 at MK
10 am - 7DMT
11 am - Peter Pan's Flight
noon - Space Mountain

Thursday, 3/22/18: HS (*Sci-Fi Lunch 12:50 OR Dinner 5:20) ; Maybe see Beauty & the Beast at 11:00?
9 am - Toy Story Mania
10 am - Star Tours
noon - Tower of Terror

Friday, 3/23/18: Animal Kingdom (walk on Nali River at rope drop?) - Day 1 of 2 at AK
9 am - Flight of Passage
10 am - Expedition Everest
12:30 - Kilmanjaro Safari

Saturday, 3/24/18: EPCOT (walk on Test Track at rope drop?) - Day 2 of 2 at EPCOT
10 am - Mission Space - green or orange (do I need to specify for the fast pass?)
11 am - Turtle Talk with Crush
noon - Soarin'

Sunday, 3/25/18: MK - Day 2 of 2 at MK (w/ early return to Beach Club for swimming or park hopping)
9 am - 7DMT
10 am - Big Thunder Mountain RR
11 am - Splash Mountain

Monday, 3/26/18: AK - Day 2 of 2 at AK (w/ 3 pm-ish return to Beach Club for swimming or park hopping)
9 am - Flight of Passage
10 am - Dinosaur
2 pm - Kali River Rapids

Tuesday, 3/27/18: Departure (DME pick-up from BC at 2:00 pm)

***How are these tentative plans?
I am open to any suggestions! Thank you, Dis Veterans and experts, for the help! :)

Last edited:
I think your plans look great! I would just have some flexiblility if you can't get 7DMT and Flight of Passage first thing in the morning. Those are the two hardest to get. My only thought is to switch Safari and Everest on 3/23. I would explore the Avatar area, then the Safari, and continue clockwise around to Everest. You might also need more time to ride the Navi River Journey. Maybe others can give you a better idea, but it was over 100 minute wait when we went the first week of January. It was incredibly busy that week and hopefully you have better luck. I would also go in a practice setting up a fastpass or two during the next 30 days. It will give you an idea of how the system works. Good Luck!!

Friday, 3/23/18: Animal Kingdom (walk on Nali River at rope drop?) - Day 1 of 2 at AK
9 am - Flight of Passage

I think your plans look great! I would just have some flexiblility if you can't get 7DMT and Flight of Passage first thing in the morning. Those are the two hardest to get. My only thought is to switch Safari and Everest on 3/23. I would explore the Avatar area, then the Safari, and continue clockwise around to Everest. You might also need more time to ride the Navi River Journey. Maybe others can give you a better idea, but it was over 100 minute wait when we went the first week of January. It was incredibly busy that week and hopefully you have better luck. I would also go in a practice setting up a fastpass or two during the next 30 days. It will give you an idea of how the system works. Good Luck!!

9 am - Flight of Passage

Thank you so much @disneybirds ! I will switch the Safari and Everest slots...very good suggestion! Should I allow more time before I schedule the 2nd FP, so we have time to explore Pandora and ride Nali? If so, I am thinking:
9 am - FoP
11 am - Kilmanjaro Safari
noon - Everest

*Will this allow enough time, or should I give even more time between FoP and Safari?

Last question, and probably a dumb one...how can I practice making a FP now, before my 60 day window? Can I try making one for tomorrow, as a practice, without a resort reservation? If so, this would be great to practice :) Thanks for the feedback!!

I think it looks really good. Most of what you chose is what I would have recommended getting fastpasses for whether it be a busy or slow season. I also agree with trying to go straight to Nali River at rope drop. Turtle Talk really doesn't need FP+ in my opinion but with the tier system in Epcot and Hollywood Studios, you're almost obligated to get them for rides that don't need them.

I never recommend getting them for shows or fireworks since for shows, it just gets you in for seating a little sooner and most times, I don't find it worth them. And since you can't get more until you use your initial 3, getting one for the fireworks will limit you to only three for the day. I don't know how big you are on character M&G's but if you're looking to meet the Princesses in Magic Kingdom or Anna and Elsa in Norway, FP+ is well worth it for that.

I would have a backup plan for not getting the times you want though especially for Pandora. When making ours, I got up at six in the morning when the time to make the fastpasses opened (this may be a different time for you) and despite starting right when the window opened up, I wasn't able to get FoP and Frozen until after 1pm. Most everything else though, I was able to get exactly what I wanted.

I don't believe you can practice beforehand, but Disney will let you switch your FP+ to a different time or different attraction (if available) once you've made your initial selections. I was able to do this easily on MDE once I realized that one was conflicting with a lunch reservation. You're also not obligated to have everyone in your party do the same thing at the same time. We're doing this some as well. So if DS wants to...say...go on Space Mountain while DD wants to meet Rapunzel at Fairytale Hall, it's absolutely do-able. Just remember that you can't schedule more FP+ until you've used your original three.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Just a note, I logged on right at the time when passes opened up and the first one I tried to get was FoP and the earliest time I could get is 2:30. Although your AK day is later in your trip than ours so maybe you will get lucky and be able to get an earlier time.

I got a FP for Nemo at 2:30. I originally had dinosaur but switched it to Nemo. We did a FP for lion king last time and thought it was worth it. We will be doing Navi, Safari, and ee at rd. Got a FP for fop and Kali so there really wasn’t much else to get a FP for.

Just a note, I logged on right at the time when passes opened up and the first one I tried to get was FoP and the earliest time I could get is 2:30. Although your AK day is later in your trip than ours so maybe you will get lucky and be able to get an earlier time.
Great to know...thanks! I think I should just take whatever time I can get for FoP, right? I'll definitely need to be flexible :)

I think it looks really good. Most of what you chose is what I would have recommended getting fastpasses for whether it be a busy or slow season. I also agree with trying to go straight to Nali River at rope drop. Turtle Talk really doesn't need FP+ in my opinion but with the tier system in Epcot and Hollywood Studios, you're almost obligated to get them for rides that don't need them.

I never recommend getting them for shows or fireworks since for shows, it just gets you in for seating a little sooner and most times, I don't find it worth them. And since you can't get more until you use your initial 3, getting one for the fireworks will limit you to only three for the day. I don't know how big you are on character M&G's but if you're looking to meet the Princesses in Magic Kingdom or Anna and Elsa in Norway, FP+ is well worth it for that.

I would have a backup plan for not getting the times you want though especially for Pandora. When making ours, I got up at six in the morning when the time to make the fastpasses opened (this may be a different time for you) and despite starting right when the window opened up, I wasn't able to get FoP and Frozen until after 1pm. Most everything else though, I was able to get exactly what I wanted.

I don't believe you can practice beforehand, but Disney will let you switch your FP+ to a different time or different attraction (if available) once you've made your initial selections. I was able to do this easily on MDE once I realized that one was conflicting with a lunch reservation. You're also not obligated to have everyone in your party do the same thing at the same time. We're doing this some as well. So if DS wants to...say...go on Space Mountain while DD wants to meet Rapunzel at Fairytale Hall, it's absolutely do-able. Just remember that you can't schedule more FP+ until you've used your original three.

Hope this helps!
Thanks for the great feedback, @belledreamer ! I agree that we are obligated to choose a FP for a ride that we wouldn't need/want a FP for so I am just picking it to use up my 3 FP's so I can get a 4th...heehee. :) I would definitely consider the princess meet and greets for me and my DD-13. Are they at Epcot? I only saw the Disney Pals at EPCOT but I might be missing something. I think Anna & Elsa would be fun to meet, but if they are only at MK, our MK FP's are ones I actually like/good use of a FP vs. EPCOT where I am just using them up. ;)

I might need to come up with an Avatar afternoon plan if that's the only FP's they have. I'll just be happy if we get a FoP, no matter what the time. Can't wait to ride FoP! Thanks for the heads-up :)

Thanks for the great feedback, @belledreamer ! I agree that we are obligated to choose a FP for a ride that we wouldn't need/want a FP for so I am just picking it to use up my 3 FP's so I can get a 4th...heehee. :) I would definitely consider the princess meet and greets for me and my DD-13. Are they at Epcot? I only saw the Disney Pals at EPCOT but I might be missing something. I think Anna & Elsa would be fun to meet, but if they are only at MK, our MK FP's are ones I actually like/good use of a FP vs. EPCOT where I am just using them up. ;)

I might need to come up with an Avatar afternoon plan if that's the only FP's they have. I'll just be happy if we get a FoP, no matter what the time. Can't wait to ride FoP! Thanks for the heads-up :)
I got fop at 5:40 pm but after about a week of checking I was able to move it up to 10:50 am. It messed with my th adr but that’s okay. I wasn’t on the app all day refreshing, just checked once or twice a day.

I got fop at 5:40 pm but after about a week of checking I was able to move it up to 10:50 am. It messed with my th adr but that’s okay. I wasn’t on the app all day refreshing, just checked once or twice a day.
Good to know- if it isn't an ideal time, I'll grab it and keep trying for a better time over the next 59 days ;) Thanks @Haley R

Wednesday, 3/21/18: Magic Kingdom (*BoG lunch at 1:40 pm) Day 1 of 2 at MK
10 am - 7DMT
11 am - Peter Pan's Flight
noon - Space Mountain

I'd consider going on Space Mountain first, then heading over to Fantasyland rather than backtracking for your lunch adr.

***How are these tentative plans?
I am open to any suggestions! Thank you, Dis Veterans and experts, for the help! :)

It depends which princess you want to see. Cinderella, Tiana, Rapunzel and Elena are at Fairytale Hall in MK which you can get a FP+ for and pretty much at any time. (They are there all day) You can meet Belle at Storytime with Belle at MK, but this is not a typical M&G (You just take a pic with her if you were selected to be part of the show but I have heard of people who weren't in the show also getting a pic if they wanted)

Aurora, Jasmine, Snow White and Belle can all be found at Epcot but at their respective countries and at certain times. However, you can see Elsa and Anna in Norway all day. Their meeting place is indoors too which is really nice.

I'd definitely recommend downloading the My Disney Experience app for your phone. Every day, they put out a complete list of what characters you can meet, where you can find them and what times you can find them for since many of these characters meet outside and at certain times (usually 3 or 4 times a day with a few exceptions.) If there's someone you REALLY want to see such as Anastasia and Drizzella from Cinderella, Gaston, or Peter Pan (I HIGHLY recommend seeing all three of them!) I'd try to get to their meeting spot 15 or 20 minutes early to make sure you'll get your chance since they only see a certain number each time they come out.

Last edited:
It depends which princess you want to see. Cinderella, Tiana, Rapunzel and Elena are at Fairytale Hall in MK which you can get a FP+ for and pretty much at any time. (They are there all day) You can meet Belle at Storytime with Belle at MK, but this is not a typical M&G (You just take a pic with her if you were selected to be part of the show but I have heard of people who weren't in the show also getting a pic if they wanted)

Aurora, Jasmine, Snow White and Belle can all be found at Epcot but at their respective countries and at certain times. However, you can get a FP+ to see Elsa and Anna in Norway. (They also do M&G all day) Their meeting place is indoors too which is really nice.

I'd definitely recommend downloading the My Disney Experience app for your phone. Every day, they put out a complete list of what characters you can meet, where you can find them and what times you can find them for since many of these characters meet outside and at certain times (usually 3 or 4 times a day with a few exceptions.) If there's someone you REALLY want to see such as Anastasia and Drizzella from Cinderella, Gaston, or Peter Pan (I HIGHLY recommend seeing all three of them!) I'd try to get to their meeting spot 15 or 20 minutes early to make sure you'll get your chance since they only see a certain number each time they come out.
Thank you @belledreamer ! I will definitely add the Anna/Elsa meet & greet in Norway to our FP wishlist for Epcot. I'll add the MDE app to my phone also! Thanks...you are a great help :)

Thank you @belledreamer ! I will definitely add the Anna/Elsa meet & greet in Norway to our FP wishlist for Epcot. I'll add the MDE app to my phone also! Thanks...you are a great help :)

No problem! :teeth: My best friend and I went to see them on our last trip and they were absolutely lovely!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter