Our first Disney trip without kids

aggieamp

The Rebel Spy
My husband and I are planning a WDW trip in March to celebrate his recent job promotion. This will be our first Disney trip together without kids (I've gone twice with just my MIL). I tried renting DVC points through David's, but it's too late to get a room through them. So far the only reservations we have are ADRs (Oga's, Topolino's, and California Grill). We plan to drive this time to save some money, but were hoping to avoid parking fees by staying DVC.

I'm looking for ideas on where to stay for <$1500 for 4 nights, March 9-13. Preferring not to stay at a Value all 4 nights. I'm considering a split stay, so we can at least stay at a Deluxe for a night or two.

Also, I'm looking for other ideas of things we should do since we'll be without our kids. My top priority will be riding RotR, enjoying GE together, and spending a day at Flower and Garden because we've never experienced an Epcot festival.

Since you’re driving, check out the Dolphin. It’s an easy walk or boat ride to EPCOT and DHS and there are great restaurants, the most comfortable beds and nice views. We stayed here the first night of our first adult trip in 30 years and would have happily stayed the whole trip! We had dinner at Shula’s and walked over to Jelly Rolls for the dueling pianos! It’s was an awesome night! The pool bar had great drinks and good food and a lot of fun people. I wouldn’t hesitate to return there, it didn’t feel like we weren’t in a Disney hotel (though it’s not) and it was nicer and less expensive than most deluxes.

Could consider Disney springs resorts as well?
As for kid less trips-we love to hang out in lounges (nomad, Brown Derby, Hangar Bar) and just people watch and enjoy leisurely meals without a kid getting antsy or "bored". It is just nice to not have to conform to kids schedules, even older kids schedules.

I second Swan/Dolphin. I tend to do split stays with the first night at a value or moderate and the rest at Swan/Dolphin. You do have to pay for parking there like at other WDW resorts and they have a silly resort fee but they still tend to be at least $100/night less than the Epcot resorts.

I would recommend a split between Pop and then one of the Deluxe resorts in the Boardwalk area. We just recently did Pop for the first time and the room was great for 2 adults. The rooms are newly-ish renovated and have more of an "adult" feel to them. My favorite resort in the boardwalk area is the Boardwalk, with Yacht Club second. If you look at the swan/dolphin, make sure to factor in their resort fee when calculating the pricing.

Happy planning!

We have Pop for the first 2 nights and BWI for the last 2. I'd really like to stay at Beach Club because I love Stormalong Bay, but no openings right now. I'm checking every day to see if we can switch from BWI to BC. Either way, I'm super excited to do Disney with just my husband.

I would consider Dolphin or Disney Springs hotel.
My wife and I go all the time without kids and for us, California Grill is NOT a restaurant we would pick if we were without kids. For us, it is very noisy and not very romantic. We greatly enjoyed Tiffins. We went there on our last trip and now consider it to be one of our favorites.
For celebrations, we love Monsieur Paul, Narcoossee's, and anywhere at Disney Springs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!