Our First Family Trip! What do the experts think?

caselaw3

DIS Veteran
Hi all - This is my Pre-Trip report for our first family vacation EVER!!! Super excited that I get to introduce my family to WDW! This will be the first trip for my DD - 4 and DS - 3 and DH - 12 (I mean 39).

We are driving down from Upstate New York in December. We plan on leaving on Thursday Dec. 5th - staying overnight in MD with my brother, then driving on to Savanah on the 6th and staying overnight there. We will leave Savnah on the 7th and take the 3.5 hour drive to WDW arriving sometime late morning :cool1:

We check in to AoA Finding Nemo Suite on the 7th and will use this day to recover from our long road trip and explore our resort...eating a counter service dinner at LoF.

[Sunday the 8th is our first full day and it is MK all the way... :dance3:
We don't have any park plans mapped out as of yet but we do plan to have a CS lunch at BoG...the rest of the time we will just let the kids tell us what to do.
We will leave the park at 5PM to go to our 5:30 Chef Mickey reservations.
Since this is an early closing night at MK, we plan to head to DHS for late night hours and the Disney Jr. Dance Party (if the kids are feeling up to it).

Monday the 9th DDs Bday! We have a very special princess princess: day planned for her! Starting with a ressie at BBB for 9:20 in the MK followed by lunch at CRT at noon! Ater that - the rest of the day will be up to DD...although we still have to figure out a counterservice for dinner!

Tuesday the 10th Today is our DHS day - with a special treat for Mom! Lunch at HBD :cheer2: I really don't have any other plans made for this day - although I think the kids want to do the Agent P scavenger hunt or whatever that is - and of course Toy Story Mania ....

Wednesday the 11th Today is AK! Here we are going to try to do the Finding Nemo Musical, the Jingle Jungle Parade and the Festival of the Lion King - I don't know which rides the kids can ride yet so we haven't really planned any of those but DH and I will take turns taking the kids to the parades so that we can ride some adult rides if time allows...we also have reservations for lunch at Tusker House at 12:50 - I had hoped to try FTBBQ for dinner but the park closes at 5PM that day so we might just head over to MK for the rest of th day and grab a bite to eat there.

Thursday the 12th This is our REST DAY...because we have tickets to MVMCP!! :cool1: - We have TS ressies for the Plaza at 4 and then just don't know what to do with the time before the party starts!

Firday the 13th Our EPCOT day. I don't have any particluar plans for this day yet - except we have a 2PM ressie at Teppen Edo with a Candlelight Processional package (SHOULD I DROP THE PACKAGE?) It is not a speaker that I am all that concerned about being popular (it is the AllState guy). Not sure if it is worth using two dining credits for this :confused3....ANY SUGGESTIONS? Also we have to pick a CS meal for here. Advice welcome!

[Saturday the 14th - DS Bday and our Last Day Here :eek: WHAT A BIG DAY WE HAVE PLANNED - we start out with 8:00AM ressies at CP so we get those quiet early minutes in the park....followed by DS leading the way to whatever we do....after a Snack for lunch we will head over to the Junior Pirate League @ 3:30 with hopefully a chance for the kiddos to march in the Pirate Parade. Then we will let DS pick out what do and where to eat until we arrive for our Pirate and Pals Cruise at 8:45....

Sunday the 15th - BYE BYE WDW

well experts - what do you think?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter