• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Our first family vacation - day 3

maxie

<font color=993366>Thanks so much for the tips<br>
Friday, February 11th

Again today we woke up early - just before 7 a.m. It was pouring rain today. We went into DL first for a bit as it opened at 9 and CA didn't open until 10. We were the first ones on the Winnie-the-Pooh ride. Afterwards we tried to do HM but DS got fussy while in line. Not sure if the dark bothered him or is he just didn't like the wait but we exited out.

f50a077f.jpg

We decided to head over to CA early hoping they would let us in. We had to wait for rope drop so went in and picked out Mr. Potato Head parts in the store while we waited. We had Breakfast in the Park vouchers to use and it was raining so hard so we decided to head over the Pacific Wharf to have a bite. This was the 2nd breakfast of the morning as we had ate something 2 hours before at the hotel. I wasn't sure which restaurant took the BITP vouchers at CA so asked a CM. He told me it was Ariel's Grotto. So we went there to find it closed. We did eventually get to the Pacific Wharf even through it was hard to navigate in the rain being our first time in this park. We both had croissants filled with scrambled eggs, bacon and cheese with fruit on the side. It was quite good actually.
Afterwards we decided to go to It's a Bug's Life area. We all rode Heimlich's Chew Chew train. This was such a cute little ride. DS wouln't keep his poncho on so I didn't want to do much that was not inside or covered so that left off most of the other rides in this area so we decided to see if it was time to line up for the Playhouse Disney show. Thankfully it was and we were able to be under a roof and out of the rain. DS liked to watch the television that was outside in the waiting area. He loved this show as Bear is one of his favs.

Watching Bear!
f50a19ce.jpg

By the time Bear was over it was noon. We put DS in his stroller under his rain cover and tried to decide where to go for lunch. We stopped in at Baker's Field Bakery to get sandwiches when we noticed DS was already asleep in the stroller! We got a couple sandwiches and a MM rice krispie treat for DS and took it back to the hotel room ($19).

After eating lunch DH went back to the parks on his own for a bit while I stayed with DS who was still snoozing. When he woke up we went back to CA. Still pouring out. We tried to do stuff that was indoors or covered - Disney Animation (I'm Jane :flower: !), Muppets, Sun Wheel, and King Titan's Carousel. There was a brief interlude in the showers so DS was able to play on the S.S. Rustworthy for a bit.

f50a195e.jpg

Supper was at Cocina Cucamonga Mexican Grill - 2 soft tacos and nachos ($26.00) We ordered way too much food and had to throw out a good deal of the nachos. The food was good however.

We went back over to DL after supper hoping to find something dry to do. DS wanted to play in the Autopia car again (notice this running theme regarding this particular car...) so I watched him while DH went and did Star Tours.

I had so hoped to see the Electrical Parade this evening and stay at the parks late as it was Friday but it was just raining so heavy and it was cold. DS didn't want to stay covered in his stroller and wouldn't keep his poncho on so didn't want to keep him outside too much longer. So we headed back to the hotel at 7 p.m. Was kind of a disappointment but thought it was best for DS to be in out of the rain so had another early night.

maxie ... it looks like our trips overlapped a bit
we were there 2/14 to 2/18 ... hope you were in the parks on wed 2/16 for the sunshine!!

i remember traveling with a little person - gives you a whole new perspective on disney .... cant blame him about the poncho i hated mine too :umbrella:

I am enjoying your trip report Maxie! :)
I hope by May the rain will let up. You are making some great memories. :goodvibes
::MinnieMo

hi maxie!!

sounds like you guys are having a pretty good trip, aside from the rain, so far! looking forward to more!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter