• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Our first family vacation - Day 4

maxie

<font color=993366>Thanks so much for the tips<br>
Saturday, February 12th

Woke up just before 7 a.m. again. After having something to eat at the continental breakfast in the hotel I went back to the room to pack up and DH went to pick up our rental car. We had used National Car rental. For just under $100 we got a Pontiac Grand Am for 5 days.

It was still raining today and I was hoping that we were driving out of it as we headed to San Diego. We left Anaheim about 10 a.m.

Just after 11 a.m. we arrived in Carlsbad at Legoland. It was raining on and off and DS had just nodded off. We managed to slip him into the stroller and under his rain cover without waking him up. I was starting to wonder what we would do at Legoland in the rain with a sleeping toddler. As this park is geared more for children it wasn't like DL where we could find some adult amusement until he woke up. :rolleyes: However we did stumbled upon Miniland U.S.A which was cool to view without running after a toddler. We toured most of the park while he slept and scoped out what he would be most interested in.

Eventually we headed over to The Market for lunch. This was probably the best meal of our trip! DH had a Philly Cheese Steak with homemade chips, I had the Mexican entree of the day (fajitas) and DS (who woke up just as we were ordering lunch) had the children's meal with chicken tenders. We all shared our meals and the food was great! It cost just over $30 however we had ordered DS his own kid's meal which we hadn't been doing much of. He loved the chicken and the rice krispie treat!

Now that DS was up we decided to go back to the Playtown area. Of course we had to stop at the cars first!

f50a0ecd.jpg

After coaxing him from the cars we got to Playtown. He was in heaven! Absolutely loved this area. We spent over an hour just letting him run and slide. There was no one else here for most of this time and he had full access. It was so nice after having to worry about crowds and lineups at DL to just let him go. The rain had temporarily subsided so he had a great play!

f50a0b08.jpg

f50a0b2c.jpg

Than he discovered the water fountains. Forty-five minutes later he was soaked to the skin. We had to change every piece of the clothing including the diaper. People were stopping by and laughing at him playing in the water. It wasn't even that warm out and he was totally have a ball!
f50a0b0f.jpg

Eventually we did get to do the Fairytale Brook and the Coast Cruise. It started raining again so we stopped in at the Imagination Zone for a while. When we finished here it was just pouring rain and DS was getting cranky so we decided to leave. I think we missed a lot of things in this park but DS had a wonderful time so that made up for it!

We got to the hotel in San Diego about 4:30ish. We stayed at the California Suites hotel. It was okay. I had booked it on Expedia for about $55 a night so the price was right. They had advertised an in room hairdryer and coffeemaker but both of these were missing. When I asked they said that the wing we were in was still under renovations. :confused3 I had booked a Queen but we only got a Double. When I complained they were surprised thinking that they had given us a Queen. They offered to bring up a playpen at no cost for DS instead so I agreed to that. (At the Carousel he had just slept in the Queen size bed with DH and I). :blush:

The rain was coming down so hard so we decided just to order in a pizza. DH went to order and we couldn't get the phone to work. He phoned the front desk and it turned out we never had put down a deposit (the hotel was paid in full in advance) so the phone was never activated. So DH went next door to the gas station to order the pizza. It told almost 1.5 hours to come and was cold by the time it came. I saw no use phoning and complaining as we were only there for 2 nights and I doubt they were going to come and refund us our money! :mad:

By the time we finished supper the rain had stopped. We went down to the pool for a while. It was cool outside but the water was quite warm. There turned out to be another Canadian family in there (only Canadians will swim when it's that cold outside! :rotfl: ) and we had a nice visit with them. Ended up having another early night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter