• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Our first family vacation - Day 6

maxie

<font color=993366>Thanks so much for the tips<br>
Monday, Feb 14th

Finally slept in - until 8 a.m.! Quick bite to eat at the complimentary continental breakfast in the hotel. Packed and out by 9:30ish. We stopped at the playground on the beach by the Visitor Centre just off I5 for a play. What a gorgeous playground! DS had lots of fun swinging, sliding and climbing. We spend a good 45 minutes here letting him burn off some the energy. Such a treat for him with the cold and snow back home.

The drive back to Anaheim was uneventful and DS did manage to nap for a bit. Our room at the Carousel was not yet ready so we parked the car and decided to go to DL for lunch. Now this is where the DIS failed me! No one warned me of how busy it would be on Valentine's Day! It was packed.

Carousel Inn

f4e471fb.jpg

For lunch we ate at Bengal's BBQ in Adventureland. There was no place to sit down so we found a ledge to perch on and DS sat in the stroller. For $18 worth of vouchers we shared 2 skewers, chips, tigertail bread and 2 drinks. Very disappointed in this meal. Way overpriced and not very good at all.

Tried to find something to do that didn't have too long of a line up. The line for the raft to Tom Sawyer's Island was okay so decided on that. DS loved running thru the tunnels. He did manage to bump his head in one dark area.

Tom Sawyer's Island in background
f50a074c.jpg

This was a great place to spend time when the park is busy. We stayed here for close to an hour and don't think we covered it all.

After leaving the island we went over to Toontown and walked thru Mickey's house. Huge line to see Mickey and as we had already seen him decided to back out.

By this time it was about 3 so decided to go see if the room was ready yet. After checking in and dragging the luggage to the 5 th floor DH wanted to take a swim. It was barely warm enough so did not spend too much time up there.

DL was busy so we thought we would check out CA when we went back to see what the crowds were like there. We went right to Redwood Creek Challenge as we figured it would not be too crowded. It was a great place to let DS run loose! He learned how to go up and down the slides all by himself and kept busy for almost a full hour.

f4e46aa5.jpg

f4e46a5a.jpg

With the parks being so full this was another place to avoid the line ups. It was almost 6 and CA was closing so we went back to DL for a late supper. We ate at Red Rockett's Pizza Port. We shared 2 slices of pizza and each had a drink for $19 worth of vouchers. This meal was not bad for the price.

We did manage to squeeze a ride on the teacups in after supper but than went back to the hotel room just after 7 as DS was getting cranky.

Riding the teacups!
f4e46ae5.jpg

Put DS in the car and tried to find the Disney outlet store but didn't quite make it there. Okay I admit it that it was my fault. I :angel: told DH to go the wrong direction. :confused3 Whoops! Oh well probably for the best as DS fell asleep as soon as we starting driving and slept right thru until morning.

I was very disappointed with the crowds on this day. I really wished we had shuffled things and spent this day in Hollywood instead. We sure didn't get to do many rides but DS had lots of fun on Tom Sawyer's Island and at Redwood Creek Challenge so we got our money's worth I guess! :earboy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter