• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Our first family vacation - Day 8

maxie

<font color=993366>Thanks so much for the tips<br>
Wednesday, Feb 16th

We were tired of the Continental Breakfast so DH went and grabbed something hot from McDonald's to eat in the room. Left room about 9:30ish for Hollywood.

The drive went really well and we reached the parking complex at Hollywood and Highland at around 10:20. Amazed at how easy we navigated around - I was so worried about the driving!

Lovely shopping centre! They had the Kodak Theatre all roped off ready for the Oscars. We purchased our tour tickets from Starline than walked around looking at the Stars. Had a quick snack in the food court before the tour.

We did a 1 hour tour of Hollywood. It was great! DS fell asleep near the beginning and slept through the tour of Hollywood, lunch and the drive back to Anaheim! :p Couldn't have planned it any better!

f509f584.jpg

f509f5b6.jpg

The tour guide was great and we saw lots! Had some lunch in the shopping complex. Left Hollywood for Anaheim about 2:30. Went for a short swim - too cold to enjoy it!

Supper tonight was the character meal at Goofy's Kitchen. I thought that would be the fitting way to say goodbye to California on our last night. We wanted to walk thru DD and do some shopping before and after dinner. Well DS was very much a toddler tonight :sad2: and so we got to see very little of DD. Very disappointed. We did manage to pick up some scrapbooking supplies and a sweatshirt for DH.

f4e47222.jpg

Dinner was awesome as I knew it would be! Great character interaction! Had to rush as DS wasn't sitting still and wanted to run around. He seemed to enjoy it but was not on his best behaviour so made dinner rather rushed :sad1: Would have been nice to be able to have enjoyed it more. It was nice to have it all prepaid with the meal vouchers.

Pack to the hotel to pack. :(

Thursday, Feb 17th

DH returned rental car while I packed up. Ate last breakfast at the hotel. Arrived at John Wayne around noon. DS was so good on the flight home. Had a 4 hour layover in Minneapolis which was not a lot of fun. Flight was delayed and we arrived home just after midnight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter